The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR is 0-5 at the 2013 Emmys; Loses to "The Voice"

<< < (5/6) > >>

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: Theodorus on September 22, 2013, 09:37:36 PM ---That's too bad :'( :'(

I hope they can come up with something new. Let's just hope season 24 is amazing, just like season 18 when they lose Emmy for the first time.

--- End quote ---
Was TAR18 the season they filmed after their first loss? Hmm... very interesting considering all our speculations about TAR24. Hehe, could TAR24 end up being very similar to TAR18? *wink*

The pessimistic side of me though is a little worried that the Emmys are quickly falling out of love with TAR. Though Survivor didn't necessarily rake in the Emmys, they slowly fell out of favor with the voters too. I hope that doesn't happen to TAR, starting with Phil getting snubbed this year.  I just really hope they can find a way to freshen the show up and show everyone how amazing TAR can still be.

Jobby:
By freshening the show, you mean new twists? Because honestly, besides improving on the locations and tasks wise, the teams and twists are usually hit or miss and there's nothing much the production team can do except to ensure that they have chosen the most interesting/dynamic cast and created the most amazing route/tasks.

They have been trying to do this for many years and there's no reason that they could have gotten snub with TAR 22 last season. Though it's probably not as memorable as TAR 21, there were really many good teams, fun locations, exciting tasks, some of the teams with the best story line etc.

If you ask me, I'll rather they not change anything (unlike Survivor which just keep bringing back returning players), and just focus on the quality of the route and task and that's all it matters.

They probably lost this year, because it's probably a huge Emmy Pie to chew but so many shows want to have a bite. TAR hit or miss in some years for sure... but it will be back to us. :hrt: :) ;) ...because the producers have done it right for many years and it will continue to go that way. There's a reason why Survivor fell from the usual 28-30million viewers to the 10-11million viewers now, and even beaten by TAR at times.. and why TAR viewers always stayed at the 8-12million range... because as old viewers went, new one gets hooked up so easily by the whole theme of the 'race around the world'. It never gets old. :hearts:

DrRox:
TAR was outstanding. TAR is always outstanding. So many negative Nellies around here all the time. Tis a pity they just cant sit back and enjoy the journey.

The Voice had an extraordinary season. Shakira and Usher were terrific. Adam and Blake are always great too. But The Voice had about 6 outstanding singers at the end. Just about anyone could have won. If I remember correctly, Michael Jackson's back up singer went out around 7. She was thought by many to be the winner from week one.

I watched AI the first year and the show was bout the singers....then it morphed into being about the judges....I haven't watched since early in the2nd year. I watched The Voice the first season, mainly because it was new. There wasn't much special about it to me. I normally watch through the battle rounds and then lose interest. This past season was different...I was good each and every week. So well done to The Voice for your win, it was well deserved.

The one thing that TAR and The Voice really have in common...it is about the contestants......as it should be. It will be interesting to see if The Voice gets a really good cast in the new season. IF they get mediocre singers...they wont fare as well.

Jobby:

--- Quote ---The one thing that TAR and The Voice really have in common...it is about the contestants......as it should be. It will be interesting to see if The Voice gets a really good cast in the new season. IF they get mediocre singers...they wont fare as well.
--- End quote ---

Yes... I have to agree the cast for last season of The Voice was extraordinary and it could have gone to anyone. If they had mediocre singer towards the end, they won't even be up for running for the award (like AI this year?)

TAR will be back, just as always! Watch out! :hrt:

Andre:
Hopefully so. After 2 disappointed season(at least some give negative reviews for S21 and S22). Hoping for good for 23 and 24!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version