Author Topic: Worst TAR Leg  (Read 46286 times)

MrDeerShank

Re: Worst TAR Leg
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 03:33:13 AM »
I just thought I'd like to put an end to, "was cheese hill a part of a Detour, therefore it wasn't a Switchback"

Meghan has a Route Info clue in her hand leading up towards cheese hill, so in fact it was a Switchback, and Meghan must have just had a slip of the tongue

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
TAR 19 Leg 4.

That one annoys me so much!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:05:09 PM by Declive »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
Leg 4 or Leg 5? Leg 4 was amazing and deserves to be in the opposite thread. Leg 5 was just crap.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
Leg 4 or Leg 5? Leg 4 was amazing and deserves to be in the opposite thread. Leg 5 was just crap.

Leg 4 was terrible. So previsible. At least Leg 5 had some drama.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »
Really? The Detour was fantastic! Both detours were really hard and people had to switch! There was so much drama between the teams! The roadblock was ew ew ew but I loved the naval navigation! <3 The two 'smartest' teams got lost (Ernie & Cindy and Laurence & Zac)! And the island scenery was gorgeous! After Liz & Marie still struggled at the Detour, yeah, you could see them getting last. However, after wrapping all this together, you call it one of the worst legs? I just don't follow your logic.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:54 PM »
I just thought I'd like to put an end to, "was cheese hill a part of a Detour, therefore it wasn't a Switchback"

Meghan has a Route Info clue in her hand leading up towards cheese hill, so in fact it was a Switchback, and Meghan must have just had a slip of the tongue
Okay, thanks for the confirmation, MrDS.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 09:28:18 PM »
Now that TAR 23 is here, I would say the worst leg for me is now Iquque :p

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
Pretty much every leg in Season 6 is bad enough for me. Sad to say since it was a highly-rated year and an early season in the series. But too much bunching, negative energy, and lack of respect took away from the sights themselves.  Leg 9? Pretty difficult to forget that one!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »
I think TAR6 was great actually, though I do agree on the bunches.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 04:27:12 AM »
I would say the TAR 22 finale. Not only was the spy RB not as good as TAR 8, and it led to Maxie robbage, it was a horribly linear leg that basically rewarded luck and I hate those kinds of legs. :res:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 04:31:07 AM »
Maxie would have won that leg without all the luck.

Imagine that, Maxie winning TAR <3

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 10:07:39 PM »
I would say the TAR 22 finale. Not only was the spy RB not as good as TAR 8, and it led to Maxie robbage, it was a horribly linear leg that basically rewarded luck and I hate those kinds of legs. :res:

This. I cannot stand finales with linear final )legs. I also don't like any leg that has some sort of ridiculous equalizer smack dab in the middle, unless some crazy circumstance like All-Stars or Season 21 happens (TARAU Final leg anyone?).

I also agree with Airlines. Maxie wasn't my favorite team, but they definitely grew on me (like Marie).

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »
I can't believe nobody mentions TAR7 leg 7, Botswana 2

After an intense footrace the previous leg, with the brothers beating Ray and Deeana by seconds, they get eliminate the next leg because the leg is lineair and they have absolute no chance of catching up...only the first 3 teams out of 6 were close enought, but the placement of the last 3 didn't change because of the bad race planning

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »
any leg from Season 22 i must say. That season is by far the worst TAR season i've ever watch. (i haven't watch TAR 1-3 and the family edition)
Boring cast. Boring task.
probably except for the pretty cool night leg in Germany. Who would've thought assembling a train track would be that hard? and i just love seeing Bates & Anthony the another boring alpha-male team struggle

I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:13 AM »
I would also have to add any of the Indonesia legs from Tar 19 or 21.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:58 AM »
any leg from Season 22 i must say. That season is by far the worst TAR season i've ever watch. (i haven't watch TAR 1-3 and the family edition)
Boring cast. Boring task.
probably except for the pretty cool night leg in Germany. Who would've thought assembling a train track would be that hard? and i just love seeing Bates & Anthony the another boring alpha-male team struggle
I didn't mind 22 (I liked the cast and the legs were OK)

For me 16 and 19 were both the worst both had some of the worst legs. (I can't choose between what poison tasted worst but I am not going to try them again to find out)

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
TAR16 Leg 5

First the moving pit stop which was err... okay...

And then the rest of the leg felt like it all occurred only in the battlefield - Speed Bump, Detour, and U-Turn were all located within the vicinity. And there wasn't a Roadblock either.... and I can't believe they submitted this one (out of all episodes) for the Emmys - and quite expectedly broke the Emmy winning streak. It was just terrible.

Offline BringbacktheBQs

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »
I think you could viably chuck in anything for Season 16. I remember most of the episodes being bad-awful except for a couple of exceptions (France II, Seychelles and maybe the first China leg).

Other bad ones I remember include Season 23 premiere (really poor and almost made me stop watching), Switzerland from 22, 21's premiere and second episode ( both really bad except for finding the lady with the abacus), S19 Ep 5 (Thailand II, although this was apparently done at the last minute as a backup leg), the Vietnam and Cambodia legs of S15, S11 premiere etc. Some of the late-game family edition legs weren't so great either.

On the other hand the best legs are: Season 2 finale, Season 3's Switzerland, Season 3 Vietnam, Season 5's Russia, Egypt and the Philippines, Season 6's Norway, Sweden and Xian, Season 12's Taiwan, Season 13's Russia, Season 14's China (all of them, particuarly the last one), S15 finale, Season 17's Russia and Oman, Season 18 China II, Season 20's Paraguay and finale as well as Season 21's France and finale.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2013, 05:04:17 AM »
I think I'm the only person that liked the TAR21 premiere :lol:

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »
I didn't mind 22 (I liked the cast and the legs were OK)

For me 16 and 19 were both the worst both had some of the worst legs. (I can't choose between what poison tasted worst but I am not going to try them again to find out)

I must say i like season 16 because i'm happy to see the cowboys didn't win it  :cmaslol
the best thing about season 16

but i agree with season 19. one of the most not memorable season for me. probably equal with season 22. but i like the cast in season 19 more

I actually really like TAR 21. Maybe it's because of the cast :kisses
i still don't understand the detour in Turkey though. One of them is basically a leisure and the bakery one is hard work. And i don't understand why would someone choose the bakery task  :cmaslol
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 05:33:30 AM »
Post UB:

TAR 19 Leg 2 (Indo 1), Leg 5 (Thailand 2), Leg 12 (Atlanta)
TAR 20.. every leg was decent I think.
TAR 21 Leg 1 (China), Leg 2 & 3 (Indo, painful!), Leg 8 (Russia 2 was so boring for me)
TAR 22.. same as TAR 20, oh maybe the DC leg, it's not interesting at all.
TAR 23. just the premiere, the rest was good enough.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »
TAR 17: Leg 5/Norway was really boring. There wasn't much action or drama.

TAR 18: Leg 2/Australia

TAR 19: This season's first half was a mess, idk. It picked up when they got out of Asia & I started loving some of the teams more and more.

TAR 20: This was probably my favorite season out of Post-UB. It was the complete package. The "worst" legs would probably have to be Leg 2/Argentina and Leg 7/Tanzania (even though that had the epic airport catfight  :cmaslol )

TAR 21: I would say the same as I said for TAR 19. First half was a mess, but everything was put together once Europe came.

TAR 22: This season had really good teams/legs but some bad legs. Leg 3/New Zealand was a major disappointment, and Leg 5/Vietnam sucked. The finale wasn't at its best either  :cmas15

TAR 23: Leg 1/Chile was probably the worst premiere ever. Leg 2/Chile was boring UNTIL the last 20-30 minutes or so. It became all suspenseful and everything! Overall this hasn't been too bad of a season and will probably join my Top 3 Favorite/Best seasons of Post-UB with 22 and 20.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
TAR21's Netherlands visit was such a disaster... :hrt:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 12:40:37 AM »
TAR 14 in...well, lots of places. Germany had a Detour involving Austrian food and an American invention, Romania had fake gypsies and fake Dracula, India had a Detour where BEGGING ON THE STREET was the better option, Phuket had the convenient trip to a zoo known for their bouts of animal cruelty, and Beijing had a leg devoted to how awesome Michael Phelps was.

But the teams + editing made it x1000 better :lol:

TAR23's Leg 1 WAS A TRAINWRECK. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 05:55:06 AM »
Now that we have TAR24, I would say Leg 1 is the most atrocious of the TAR leg designs ever. It was literally nothing but luck task, luck task, then Pit Stop. Not only did it screw a great team over, it gave a team who didn't deserve a victory a victory.