Author Topic: Worst TAR Leg  (Read 46425 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Worst TAR Leg
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
I always found TAR 11 - Leg 1 was a very poor Leg.  Thankfully it was the only bad Leg that entire Season, and we got it out of the way as early as possible.  :conf:

TAR's quality really speaks volumes in the old eras when a bad leg still produced an entertaining episode =/

Loads of legs in the older seasons were really poorly designed, but it's not as bad as this era where a bad leg=bad episode. :(

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »
I always found TAR 11 - Leg 1 was a very poor Leg.  Thankfully it was the only bad Leg that entire Season, and we got it out of the way as early as possible.  :conf:

TAR's quality really speaks volumes in the old eras when a bad leg still produced an entertaining episode =/

Loads of legs in the older seasons were really poorly designed, but it's not as bad as this era where a bad leg=bad episode. :(

Like in TAR 3 Leg 5, where tasks are really easy but the diesel car drama and Flo's bitchiness saved that episode.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2016, 10:32:20 AM »
TAR28 Legs 4-5 anybody? :lol:

Jeez, those legs were almost 24-levels of awful.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »

I didn't find the tasks for Leg 4 bad, but it would've been nice if the Pit Stop was in Geneva. Leg 5 wasn't a good leg. The scenery was great, but the tasks were too simple and there was no opportunity to catch up. Somehow teams got separated after arriving at the Pit Stop around the same time.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »

i didn't find anything wrong on leg 4( until they  travelled to other country for pit stop like :res: ) .it was blunder but still good as episode.

leg 5 worst leg of this season, yes. .. but worst of All Tar legs, no... i mean the task was good, the scenery was picturesque but there were something wrong with the editing, balancing and too linear i think

what might have been

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2016, 08:22:21 PM »
Almost every leg of TAR24 beat all the 'Worst' leg in this thread... Hell, I think even the train mania in TAR22 is far more entertaining than all the crap in this All Star.

China 1-2 : Horrible. Worst premire and second leg EVER
Malaysia 1-2 : Lame. Because of horrid flight. Both RB was so boring and Detour was just above average a bit.
Sri Lanka 1-2 : Sri Lanka 1 was boring but Sri Lanka 2 was the only watchable leg this season.
Italy 1-2 : Lame. Cheap. Pointless and reduntdant task. The U-Turn drama and Dave the B**** just make it more worse.
Swiss : Okay. But the Accidental Alliance just ruin the most part of it and turn it into some Bad Girl Club gossiping.
Spain : Detour was okay. Another watchable episode although not satisfy like Sri Lanka 2.
UK : Cheap. RB rule break. Urg.
LV : LAME. STUPID FINALE EVER. WTF IS THOSE FREAKING POINTLESS TASK? FAKE MAGIC? BULB SCREWING? WORST WINNER OF THE WORST SEASON EVER.  :gaah:

Sums up everything of Season 24. THE ABSOLUTE WORST SEASON EVER. The only thing good about it was Spain!! But of all the things they could do there.. Shaving a balloon.  :gaah:  As much as United Kingdom is among my perennial favorites in European countries, they ruined it with mediocre tasks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:27:36 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2016, 08:28:12 PM »
TAR 24  :  Every single leg except Spain -  Terrible season with nothing good, all the teams were mediocre and the race design suffered badly
Except Spain! :lol: Someone's with me! :hearts:

Same here  :conf:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »

i didn't find anything wrong on leg 4( until they  travelled to other country for pit stop like :res: ) .it was blunder but still good as episode.

leg 5 worst leg of this season, yes. .. but worst of All Tar legs, no... i mean the task was good, the scenery was picturesque but there were something wrong with the editing, balancing and too linear i think

Leg 4 was decent but they could have stayed in Geneva, the outcome could have been different. Leg 5 was terrible, not even the beautiful snowy scenery saved it.

EAOWadsy

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:47 AM »
Since there's a best TAR leg thread, I made a "Worst TAR leg" thread. :lol:

Anyway, I'll start the convo.

One of the worst has to be TAR 22 Switzerland.

We literally waited for two weeks. </3

Too many trains </3

An average Roadblock </3

No Detour </3

Chynona eliminated </3

The Switchback wasn't as good or memorable </3

Overall just a really really bad leg. The scenery was gorgeous but the leg was so bleargh.

It wasn't the worst leg in my honest opinion. Still good, but what bothered me the most was the 'switchback'. There are many ways to add in one of those tasks but this one SURELY was NOT. It was such an epic fail, that teams even got penalized. The snow didn't help their case either, so bleh, no luck Sam.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2017, 04:38:55 AM »
Bourkie's Worst TAR Legs:
TAR 1 Finale
TAR 4 Leg 11
TAR 4 Finale
TAR 19 Leg 5 (I guess it was a make-up leg, so I will give it some credit)
TAR 22 Leg 8
TAR 23 Leg 1
TAR 24 (The whole season's legs, apart from England/Wales)
TAR 28 Legs 4 and 5
TAR 29 Leg 5

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2017, 05:59:56 AM »
Bourkie's Worst TAR Legs:
TAR 1 Finale
TAR 4 Leg 11
TAR 4 Finale
TAR 19 Leg 5 (I guess it was a make-up leg, so I will give it some credit)
TAR 22 Leg 8
TAR 23 Leg 1
TAR 24 (The whole season's legs, apart from England/Wales)
TAR 28 Legs 4 and 5
TAR 29 Leg 5

May i ask why? I'm just curious because although it wern't my favorite i did enjoy this leg.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2017, 06:04:05 AM »
May i ask why? I'm just curious because although it wern't my favorite i did enjoy this leg.

Of course  :)
I just do not understand why they wasted a leg, in a little known city. If they wanted to go to Norway, why didn't they go to Oslo or Lillehamer? See what I mean? I also believe that the tasks that were performed, where not relevant to Norway's culture. Understand?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2017, 06:09:32 AM »

I just do not understand why they wasted a leg, in a little known city. If they wanted to go to Norway, why didn't they go to Oslo or Lillehamer? See what I mean? I also believe that the tasks that were performed, where not relevant to Norway's culture. Understand?

A leg in a little known city? To me, a leg taking place in a place like that would've been a nice break from big, well known cities. Although, the tasks weren't even relevant to the country's culture, so I half agree with you.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »

1. Oslo is  the capital city of Norway. Itsn' t even a little known city, altough i agreee with Lillegamer
2. Not all the tasks aren't cultural irrelevant (see RB, first ARI, and firework hunt Detour)
what might have been

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »

I have been to Oslo (just for a day) and it was the most boring city I've ever visited. The west coast cities such as Bergen, Ålesund & Stavenger are much better and interesting places.

But I don't think the well known cities thing is a point.

Ninh Binh, Arahova, Gamboa, Yerevan, Chamonix, Livingstone, San Antonio de Areco, Swakopmund, Trujillo, Shetlands, Orvieto ect are all not well known places.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2017, 10:38:31 AM »
Leg 6 of TAR 29
worst ever leg to have a double u-turn

Even worse than TAR 28's leg 10

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »
TAR 26
Legs 11 and 12

TAR 27
Leg 10

TAR 28
Legs 9 and 10

TAR 29
Legs 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2017, 12:29:18 PM »
TAR 26
Legs 11 and 12

TAR 27
Leg 10

TAR 28
Legs 9 and 10

TAR 29
Legs 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12

For TAR 29:
I'm agreeing with leg 6 (and maybe 5) as worst tar leg of the season.... But why you consider leg4,10,11, 12 as bad legs, tbh imo :
Leg 4 was sinple yet difficult in its own way, especially RB and the editing is good
Leg 10, one of the frenziest leg ever, Bike RB was really great altough it was done before on TAR 3, paddling the boat with feet was very cultural relevant and creative, and taking 500 stair steps to pitstop was the hell one... It was an amazing leg... Was it because there no detour in the leg?
Leg 11, altough i agree that Seoul should have been represented more rather than having stacking cups and vid games in there, i enjoyed this leg rather than whining eventually, the double RB were actually fun and good and the Kimchi ARI was a good balance task...
Leg 12, altough there weren't any RB and/or detour task... But triple ARI was great and difficult... When was we have teams running franticly and solving the riddle in the middle of uptown looking the clue in the finale?, and the final task was amazing that require good communication and memory... I hope it wasn't because brooke and scott's winning...

Your opinion and your pick was good but i'm curious why did you pick them as bad leg :D
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
TAR26 Leg 1 was a painful hour-and-a-half to sit through. A leg of Starting Line task, Detour, Pit Stop stretched out
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:46:54 PM by Maanca »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
Tar 4 premier I found incredibly boring.

EAOWadsy

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »
Tar 4 premier I found incredibly boring.
Really? I thought it was kind of good. The ice cold Italian setting, but the teams definitely didn't seem interesting. TAR 6's Iceland premiere was 100x better in my opinion.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
I know we love TAR 17 but leg 5 is not.a.good.look 

- COMPLETELY linear leg (I know we like to throw around "linear" to describe legs with an unsatisfying conclusion but this one legitimately is)
- self-driving but like...self-driving that was hard to screw up
- the one and only FF on a leg without bunching and I thiiiiink only one or two spots open for competitors
- a Detour which was a choice between "do this inherently time consuming physical activity (Boat)" and "do this other physical activity that we made harder bc it's the better choice (Bike)"
- a super physical RB with only two lines available at a time
- also literally EVERY task could be done anywhere with a giant bridge over water (Greece, Bosnia, etc)
- and it's an elimination leg yay

Also TAR 17's final leg was underwhelming and all of the criticisms people like to lay on TAR 29's finale ACTUALLY apply to TAR 17's yet it's well received I wonder why :escape

EAOWadsy

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »
I agree, compared with the prior Sweden leg, the Norway leg was a wasted opportunity. The race is meant to get harder, not easier and it felt that they didn't really try.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »
The worst leg of each season

Season 29 : Leg 6 (W-Turn after bunch point, no task after W-turn cause the instant death of the u-turned teams)
Season 28 : Leg 4 (What is the point of the train ride to France? Why can't production just end the leg in Geneva?)
Season 27 : Leg 5 (Well this leg actually serves absolutely  no chance for teams to move their position if no one screwed up because of their own silly problem, like missing a cluebox)
Season 26 : Leg 1 (They fly all the way to Tokyo just to finish a detour and then they go to the pit-stop? Having a 90-min episode and a W-turn made it even worse and boring)
Season 25 : Leg 2 (That was kinda related to the editting problem, cause I still cannot understand why the couple and Shelly & Nici fell to last place)
Season 24 : Leg 1 (Ridiculously easy task, very short leg, used to be the worst premier before S26)
Season 23 : Leg 1 (Except the roadblock twist, I don't enjoy this leg at all)
Season 22 : Leg 8 (Trains, trains and trains the whole leg, too much bunching)
Season 21 : Leg 6 (The detour is highly imbalanced, enjoying Turkey bath as a task? The Turkey ice-cream speedbump is also lame as having a sauna in S15)
Season 20 : Leg 7 (The leg comes too short for me, the ARI is also highly unfair to Nary & Jamie)
Season 19 : Leg 5 (All they do in Bangkok is fishing some fish... Having two RBs in Phuket is just pointless,  why not end the leg in Phuket and set the finiahing as start of leg 6 instead?)
Season 18 : Leg 9 (W-turn at the end of the leg with a semi-bunching point beforehand, not my cup of tea)

Let's just talk about the HD season first, because the earlier seasons have much more bad lega than now

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »
Leg 6 of TAR 29
worst ever leg to have a double u-turn

Even worse than TAR 28's leg 10

In an international sense, I'd say TARA5's penultimate leg.