The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Worst TAR Leg

<< < (12/25) > >>

Wadsy591:
[This message has been deleted at the request of the original poster]

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Wadsy591 on July 26, 2015, 06:38:42 PM ---TAR 24  :  Every single leg except Spain -  Terrible season with nothing good, all the teams were mediocre and the race design suffered badly

--- End quote ---
Except Spain! :lol: Someone's with me! :hearts:

Maanca:
24-12 was in my opinion the worst season finale. No opportunity for the order to change, a task that was just show and not really even a task, and no memory challenge (though I will give them credit, this was probably due to the rumoured scrapped legs in Philippines and Australia). Caroline & Jen said the race was already won at the last cluebox.

A lot of the tasks in that season felt cheap, especially in the second half (...shaving balloons?), and I jokingly like to think it's because TPTB blew their budget on David Copperfield  :funny:

albegrato:

--- Quote from: Maanca on July 26, 2015, 09:18:19 PM ---24-12 was in my opinion the worst season finale. No opportunity for the order to change, a task that was just show and not really even a task, and no memory challenge (though I will give them credit, this was probably due to the rumoured scrapped legs in Philippines and Australia). Caroline & Jen said the race was already won at the last cluebox.

A lot of the tasks in that season felt cheap, especially in the second half (...shaving balloons?), and I jokingly like to think it's because TPTB blew their budget on David Copperfield  :funny:

--- End quote ---

That's true. I think the most interesting task was digging for the box in the desert at night. It was both physical and luck-based, which I liked. I disliked the Copperfield task since I don't like cheap magic. The bone yard was a HUGE missed opportunity for me. They could have had a needle-in-a-haystack task that spanned the entire boneyard, not just retrieving a light bulb. Counting the light-bulbs was just disappointing as you could just recite every number to get the clue without penalty. And ending not just the episode but the season on a thrill task was really really disappointing.

cbacbacba1:
Some of the bad leg i remember, Most of them are related to mid-leg long distance travel

TAR 16 Leg 5 (Very few amount of tasks, no way for the u-turned team to catch up)
TAR 17 Leg 5
TAR 19 Leg 5 (Ridculous pit-stop treatment)
TAR 19 Leg 9 (I don't know why they have to place the train-ride equalizer in the middle of the leg)
TAR 20 Leg 2
TAR 20 Leg 7 (totally unfair for Nary & Jamie)
TAR 21 Leg 2 (lame roadblock)
TAR 21 Leg 9 (Too easy FF)
TAR 22 Leg 3 (Not culturally related at all)
TAR 22 Leg 8 (The whole episode are train rides)
TAR 22 Leg 12 (Linear Finale)
TAR 23 Leg 12 (Luck-based finale)
TAR 24 Leg 1 (Super lame tasks)
TAR 24 Leg 3 (bad treatment for the flights)
TAR 24 Leg 12 (Silly task + Silly arrangement for the 2nd roadblock)
TAR 26 Leg 1 (90-mins episode for only one task in Tokyo?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version