Worst TAR Leg

<< < (21/25) > >>

Lemontail:

--- Quote from: Platrium on June 12, 2017, 03:10:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: cbacbacba1 on June 11, 2017, 10:38:31 AM ---Leg 6 of TAR 29
worst ever leg to have a double u-turn

Even worse than TAR 28's leg 10

--- End quote ---

In an international sense, I'd say TARA5's penultimate leg.

--- End quote ---

That leg U-Turn design (before the Detour) doomed Treasuri & Louisa, anyway.

NELs:
As much as I love the older seasons more than the new ones, there are some legs I don't like. I'll be talking about one of my personal least favorite legs for right now. One of my least favorite legs from the older seasons has to be TAR 5 Leg 7. (Luxor, Egypt--- Nairobi, Kenya---> Kilimanjaro, Tanzania) I do not like how this leg is designed. It does one of the most infuriating things ever. Going to Kenya and signing up for flights to Tanzania. Why would they go to Kenya just for an airport stop. I know this is a long time ago and can't do anything about right now. (If you want to know how long ago it was TAR 5 visited the UAE when the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa was starting to be built.) This is why I want Kenya to be visited again. Let's move on to the Detour now, I know the some of Detours back then were lopsided, but this one was boring. Seeing teams just carry stuff from one place to another feels like an India or hot-scorching heat thing, to make teams more exhausted. The only redeeming quality about this was Chip's reaction to his own people. The Roadblock is the only thing I liked about this leg. It was technically the first ever Switchback. If you don't know there was unaired Roadblock in TAR 1 Leg 1 where one member of the team had to cook an Ostrich Egg, then both of them had to eat it. This was made available on the TAR 1 DVD. This one was done much better where the team member had to cook and eat the egg by his/herself. The way they had to go to the Pit Stop was stupid. A first-come, first-serve to the Pit Stop is a big no-no from me. Teams had to use zip-lines to go to the Pit Stop. It makes it unfair for the teams. I don't know what the majority of RFF feels about this leg, but I personally find it horrible. I did like the all of TAR 5, just not this leg.

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: NELs on March 25, 2018, 12:46:46 AM ---As much as I love the older seasons more than the new ones, there are some legs I don't like. I'll be talking about one of my personal least favorite legs for right now. One of my least favorite legs from the older seasons has to be TAR 5 Leg 7. (Luxor, Egypt--- Nairobi, Kenya---> Kilimanjaro, Tanzania) I do not like how this leg is designed. It does one of the most infuriating things ever. Going to Kenya and signing up for flights to Tanzania. Why would they go to Kenya just for an airport stop. I know this is a long time ago and can't do anything about right now. (If you want to know how long ago it was TAR 5 visited the UAE when the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa was starting to be built.) This is why I want Kenya to be visited again. Let's move on to the Detour now, I know the some of Detours back then were lopsided, but this one was boring. Seeing teams just carry stuff from one place to another feels like an India or hot-scorching heat thing, to make teams more exhausted. The only redeeming quality about this was Chip's reaction to his own people. The Roadblock is the only thing I liked about this leg. It was technically the first ever Switchback. If you don't know there was unaired Roadblock in TAR 1 Leg 1 where one member of the team had to cook an Ostrich Egg, then both of them had to eat it. This was made available on the TAR 1 DVD. This one was done much better where the team member had to cook and eat the egg by his/herself. The way they had to go to the Pit Stop was stupid. A first-come, first-serve to the Pit Stop is a big no-no from me. Teams had to use zip-lines to go to the Pit Stop. It makes it unfair for the teams. I don't know what the majority of RFF feels about this leg, but I personally find it horrible. I did like the all of TAR 5, just not this leg.

--- End quote ---
I do agree that the leg structure of the Tanzanian leg was weird considering, like you said, the zip-line (which season 16's Sentosa visit did more rationally by having the Pit Stop and the task separately navigated), the limits of air travel then (though I did love watching the airport drama that ensued often from it), and I was more than a bit biased for that leg as well due to other reasons (one look at my profile picture and you see why). I didn't think the Detour was boring. Teams had to use a cart to put the furniture on and some had trouble navigating the dirt paths. That alone can seemingly give the other option an easier time due to simply getting there and getting it done.

Xoruz:
TAR 1: Ao Nang, Thailand (Leg 10)
TAR 2: Auckland, New Zealand (Leg 11)
TAR 3: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia & Singapore (Leg 10)
TAR 4: Cairns, Australia (Leg 12)
TAR 5: Rotorua, New Zealand (Leg 10)
TAR 6: Honolulu & Chicago, USA (Leg 13)
TAR 7: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Leg 4)
TAR 8: Charleston & Huntsville, USA (Leg 3)
TAR 9: Catania & Siracusa, Italy (Leg 5)
TAR 10: Antananarivo, Madagascar (Leg 8 )
TAR 11: Krakow, Poland (Leg 7)
TAR 12: Taiwan (Leg 10)
TAR 13: Fortaleza, Brazil (Leg 2)
TAR 14: Bavaria, Germany & Salzburg, Austria (Leg 2)
TAR 15: Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Leg 4)
TAR 16: Verdun, France (Leg 5)
TAR 17: Narvik, Norway (Leg 5)
TAR 18: Florida Keys, USA (Leg 12)
TAR 19: Phuket & Bangkok, Thailand (Leg 5)
TAR 20: Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania (Leg 7)
TAR 21: Istanbul, Turkey (Leg 6)
TAR 22: Grindelwald, Switzerland (Leg 8 )
TAR 23: Al Ain, UAE (Leg 8 )
TAR 24: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (Leg 3)
TAR 25: Atlas Mountains, Morocco (Leg 6)
TAR 26: Nagano, Japan (Leg 2)
TAR 27: San Antonio de Areco, Argentina (Leg 3)
TAR 28: Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia (Leg 10)
TAR 29: Lake Como, Italy (Leg 6)
TAR 30: Prague, Czech Republic (Leg 6)

Absolute worst for me is TAR 4 Leg 12 (Cairns)

Wadsy:

--- Quote from: Declive on July 22, 2013, 09:57:30 AM ---TAR 19 Leg 4.

That one annoys me so much!

--- End quote ---

I agree ^^ Probably still my least favourite leg of the entire show. You could tell the producers had something else in mind, or just nothing at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version