Author Topic: Cory Monteith R.I.P.  (Read 3524 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Cory Monteith R.I.P.
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »
CNN and Deadline.com are reporting late Saturday night/Sunday morning (US EDT) that Cory Monteith (Glee) has been found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia, this evening, and local police are reporting that there were no signs of foul play in the death.

I'm sure there'll be more in the media later on Sunday, but the news broke after 1 am EDT on the US and Canadian east coast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: Cory Monteith R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:05 AM »
Cory Monteith Found Dead at Age 31

Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead Saturday, E! News has confirmed.
The 31-year-old was staying at the Fairmont Pacific Hotel and missed his check out time. Just after noon, he was found dead and alone in his room on the 21st floor.

According to Acting Vancouver Police Chief Doug LaPard, there are no indications of foul play and they are not discussing what was found in the room. The cause of death was not immediately apparent.

Monteith checked in July 6 and according to police, he was not staying with his girlfriend, Glee co-star Lea Michele. Michele was last spotted in Mexico on July 9th.

Monteith's family has been informed, according to LaPard, and when the actor was found he had been deceased for several hours.

Vancouver PD reports that a video showed Monteith returning to his hotel room by himself in early morning hours. LaPard explained at a press conference tonight that Monteith's family was just informed of his death about an hour prior, so although authorities wanted to get a statement out right away to confirm his passing to the press, they do not want to give any further details at this time, out of respect for the family.

A rep for Monteith tells E! News: "We are so saddened to confirm that the reports on the death of Cory Monteith are accurate. We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss."

A statement also was sent out on behalf of  Glee executive producers, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company: "We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones."

Source: http://www.eonline.com/news/438860/cory-monteith-found-dead

I was shocked and really sad when I heard this news... :'( Deep condolences for his family and the entire Glee family... :'(
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:57:10 AM »
I don't watch Glee but this is a sad news indeed. People dying that young always makes me so.... ;(

R.I.P. Cory Monteith and your beautiful voice. May you keep singing your song in a better place....

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:19:05 AM »
 :'( R.I.P.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 04:51:44 AM »
Just heard about this now. R.I.P Cory Monteith. :(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 10:24:55 AM »
Such sad news. He was so talented and to die at such a young age is tragic.  :'(  Rest in peace Cory.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
I still can not believe  :(

R.I.P. Cory Monteith.
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE