Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 Contestants - Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington - Twin Sisters  (Read 3248 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada Contestants - Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington
No Spoilers Please!

Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington Twin Sisters

Treena Ley

Nickname: Treen
Hometown: Hamilton, ON
Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
Couldn’t live without: Cell phone
Good luck charm: “My positive outlook”
Strengths: Highly trained in firearms, superior observation skills, running, and sprinting
Fears/Phobias: Heights, confined spaces
Favourite travel destination: “Anywhere south that serves strong mojitos”

Tennille Dorrington

Nickname: Ten
Hometown: Hamilton, ON
Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
Couldn’t live without: The gym
Good luck charm: My big mouth (“it will always get me out of a jam”)
Strengths: Organizational skills, running and sprinting, public speaking
Fears/Phobias: “Large or wild animals, like bears or sharks...even horses make me nervous!”
Favourite travel destination: “Anywhere south that serves strong margaritas.”

TEAM BIO
Identical twin sisters, Treena and Tennille describe themselves as “very competitive and very entertaining.” Inseparable since birth, these sisters have done everything together through life. “Having a sister and best friend that share the same size, can read your mind, communicate without even talking, and that has been there for every significant moment of your life is amazing,” explains Tennille.

It’s not always easygoing with these high spirited twins, who clash like any sisters. They couldn’t even make it through their audition video without disputing a few points. “When we are getting along, we can conquer the world,” they agree, “but if we are fighting...look out and take cover!”

Although Treena describes her sister as a “control freak” and Tennille says her sister is “very impatient and a bit of a diva,” the twins overcame these concerns to audition for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.
After a trip to Calgary in 2012, they vowed to visit every province in Canada together, a goal that might be closer than they ever imagined!

Motto: “You can’t spell TWIN without WIN!”

How will they plan to win The Race: “We plan to maximize on our individual strengths, think, and listen to each other, observe, plan, analyze...run fast! Don’t come last!”

Number one roadblock as team: “We both have to be right and in control. Our stubbornness is usually the root of most of our problems.”

READ MORE: Twins Treena and Tennille plan to play off each other’s strengths on ‘The Amazing Race Canada'
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:50:13 AM by georgiapeach »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Team photos
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hamilton twins entered 'Amazing Race' to repair relationship

Some siblings go to counselling — or even to court — to settle their differences.

Hamilton twins Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington took a less conventional approach: they entered a contest to appear on reality TV.

Months later, the 36-year-old sisters are making their small-screen debut on The Amazing Race Canada. Premiering on Monday on CTV, the north-of-the-border version of the American reality hit stars the Steeltown twins facing off against eight other teams in a race around the country to win prizes totaling half a million dollars.

“We both watched The Amazing Race, the American version, for years now,” says Ley, a Hamilton police officer.

'I think that's why we got on. They were hoping a big fight would erupt on TV.'

—Treena Ley, contestant, The Amazing Race Canada
But it took a 60-day long spat between the twins to get them to audition.

“A friend of ours, who's been one of our best friends for 20 years…said 'You guys got to put this aside,'” says Dorrington, a tax auditor. “[He said] 'This is a great opportunity, you guys are super entertaining, you're so funny and you'd be great for this show.'”

Ley says even in their audition video, she and her sister were fighting.

“I think that's why we got on. They were hoping a big fight would erupt on TV.”

Sisters made 'friends for life'
Despite the argument that prompted their audition, the sisters agree that they balanced each other out in the race.

“Her weakness is my strength,” says Ley, who describes her sister as being more analytical than her. Dorrington agrees.

“I'm really analytical,” she says. “Treena's really observant, so we really play off one another.”

“One of the things Treena and I realized is that we know very little about Canada,” says Dorrington. “We travel a lot but we hardly ever travel in Canada.”

The contest included 18 contestants — nine teams of two — and required team members to find clues and tackle physical challenges while travelling across the country. But Dorrington says the race was not just about how strong you are, but rather how you approach the task at hand.

“It's a lot harder than it seems on TV,” she says, noting she and her sister have always tried to keep fit.

“We totally help each other and push each other,” she says. “We were both well known in high school for running track, so we're pretty fast.”

Treena, a sergeant with the Hamilton Police Service, says her training helped as well.

“Through our training and being on the job, you notice little things that the everyday person might not notice.”

She says she bonded with another police officer in the race, Jet Black from London.

“I found that everyone was so nice and friendly,” she says. Dorrington agrees.

“When you're on the race and you're not with your family, they become your family,” she says. “We've got, literally, friends for life.”

Show 'different' than the American version
While the show is based on the American version, the twins say it won't be exactly the same.

“When you see the States' version you see a lot of underhanded things and people being sneaky, just trying to take out the competition. I didn't see any of that here,” says Ley.

“I think the way the teams operate on the show are different from the American one because we're very different as people,” Dorrington says.

“You're in a competition and you don't want to screw yourself over,” she says. “But your natural instinct is to hold the door open when the other racers are running through it.”

That's not to say that the show won't be interesting, Dorrington adds.

“I think even for people who've never watched the show before, they're going to be hooked and blown away at how amazing and how reflective it is of Canada.

“It's non-stop. All 10 episodes are going to be jam packed with drama and excitement.”

Citing confidentiality agreements they've signed with the network, the twins say they can't comment on how they fared in the competition. They did say, however, how their relationship weathered the race.

“I can firmly say that Treena and I have a stronger relationships than we ever have,” says Dorrington. “And without the race, I don't know where we'd be."

Source:http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/07/11/hamilton-amazing-race-hamilton-twins.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Treena and Tennille had no idea they made a game-changing mistake on 'The Amazing Race Canada'
When Treena Ley and Tennille Dorrington arrived at the Pit Stop before cowboys Jamie Cumberland and Pierre Cadieux, they were relieved to not be going home, but sad to say goodbye to their friends.

But that relief quickly turned to shock when the team was told by host Jon Montgomery they had incurred a 30 minute time penalty, meaning they were the ones being eliminated. 

“If you watch it, I’m crying on the mat because I believed at the time we just eliminated Jamie and Pierre, and we loved them so much, they became our best friends . . . and then I go into shock because now we’re ninth and I’m like, ‘What happened?!’” Tennille tells CTV.ca.

The twin sisters from Hamilton, Ont., were the first team to be eliminated on “The Amazing Race Canada” premiere Monday night after failing to grab both clues during a challenge at the Niagara Butterfly Conservatory earlier in the leg.

Tennille says she remembers the instructions telling them to take both clues but she and Treena assumed it meant the clue card and the contents inside (money and flight vouchers).

“Never in ‘Amazing Race’ history have you had to take two clues so our mind didn’t even go there. People have said, ‘Would you do anything different?’ And I can’t say we would because we’d probably read it the same way we read it the first time,” she says.

“I think if we’d do something different it would possibly be to step back and take a look at what’s going on with the other teams, if we’d seen them taking more than one clue than it would’ve dawned on us.”

They later overheard brothers Jody and Cory Mitic talking about two clues but figured they had just failed to pick up an envelope with additional money, not that they had made a game-changing mistake. 

“We got on the plane and the (flight attendant) never said anything to us so we just assumed we’d lost $50,” says Treena.

The sisters also encountered some other challenges along the way, including getting lost and signing up for the last water sports spot in Kelowna, B.C.

“We were already two and a half hours behind the ball when we went out on the jet skis,” says Tennille.

“(But) we gave ‘er from the minute we got on the jet skis and we never stopped,” adds Treena.

Treena then had to overcome her fear of heights to “walk the plank” and jump off the Bellevue Trestle bridge into the canyon below. 

“It was absolutely terrifying,” says Treena, who didn’t realize she not only had to walk along the plank to get the clue, but jump off afterwards. “It was terrible. I just let go and jumped immediately. I thought, ‘I cannot drag this out.’”

But even after the shocking turn of events at the Pit Stop, Treena and Tennille say the experience of “The Amazing Race Canada” was second to none.

“We have to look back on the experience and recognize we made friends we’re going to have for life. We saw parts of the country we’ve never been to. It was an awesome experience. We’re so happy we were chosen for the first ‘Amazing Race Canada,’” says Treena.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Articles/Twins_elim.aspx

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
'Amazing Race Canada' Eliminated Contestants, Treena And Tennille, On Who's Going To Take It All
HuffPost Canada TV  |  By Chris Jancelewicz
Posted: 07/16/2013 5:30 pm EDT

Treena And Tennille, Amazing Race Canada Eliminated Contestants, Amazing Race Canada Episode 1

They may be the first team eliminated from "The Amazing Race Canada," but twin sisters Treena and Tennille are keeping a very positive attitude.

The Hamilton, Ontario sisters were eliminated for a costly mistake earlier in the first leg of the race at the butterfly conservatory, when they were instructed to take two yellow "Amazing Race" tickets, not just one. The sisters neglected to read the clue thoroughly, and despite a neck-and-neck race at the end, the penalty for their misreading ended up being their downfall.

HuffPost TV spoke with Treena and Tennille about being the first eliminees ever on "The Amazing Race Canada" -- and who they think is going to take it all.

HuffPost TV: What, in your opinion, was the event/occurrence that most contributed to your elimination?

Treena and Tennille: There was misinterpretation of what was meant by "taking two clues." We thought it meant to take one clue card from outside the butterfly conservatory, and the other [clue] from inside the box in the conservatory.

Do you have any regrets?

No, we don't! We are really proud of how we ran the race. What you see with us is what you get! We are loud, competitive, and funny.

What was the hardest thing about The Race?

When it was over, and of course leaving too soon. We had so much more "race" to give, and so much more to show Canada and ourselves. We certainly weren't finished racing!

Who do you think is going to come in first place, and why?

We really hope our cowboys will take it to the mat, but Kristen and Darren are one of the strongest teams here. We wouldn't be surprised if they took it all!

Watch "The Amazing Race Canada" on CTV on Mondays at 9 p.m. ET.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/07/16/amazing-race-canada-eliminated-contestants-treena-tennille_n_3606971.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.