Author Topic: TARAus1: Chris Pselletes & Anastasia Drimousis  (Read 58441 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TARAus1: Chris Pselletes & Anastasia Drimousis
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »
One of the WORST teams in TAR Aus history...

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 06:15:43 PM »
<333 love them
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
One pair of Christasia is now a father according to his Facebook page. I don't know his Instagram account. Still hate for him and Anastasia, aka the now already broke-up couple.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
quarterly christasia

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
Am I the only RFFer who hates this team?  :duno:

Gra1162

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 08:32:23 AM »
Nope I hate them too but not as much as u know

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
I had completely forgotten about Christasia.
Absolutely golden team! Chaotic couples who can't seem to get their stuff together are what makes TAR Entertaining~

[I'm js, James & Sarah >> Chris & Anastasia]

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »

I'm backing you here.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 03:37:22 AM »
I had completely forgotten about Christasia.
Absolutely golden team! Chaotic couples who can't seem to get their stuff together are what makes TAR Entertaining~

[I'm js, James & Sarah >> Chris & Anastasia]

wow taste

(christasia>>hunners but i adore both)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:41 PM »
christasia lovebump  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »
Claude, BritishTARFan, Gra, be on my side and tell Air we don't like Christasia!  :funny:

Apart from politics, this is the only thing that Air and I disagree on!  :funny:

Gra1162

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 12:31:27 AM »
Claude, BritishTARFan, Gra, be on my side and tell Air we don't like Christasia!  :funny:

Apart from politics, this is the only thing that Air and I disagree on!  :funny:
well IMO they were better than #shonella :lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 06:47:17 AM »
c h r i s t a s i a

l o v e

b u m p

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 05:17:19 AM »
c h r i s t a s i a

l o v e

b u m p

Why you do like them?

It's because they're Greek and you're Greek?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 05:30:35 AM »
c h r i s t a s i a

l o v e

b u m p

Why you do like them?

yes and no:

OKAY SO YOU GUYS CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO AMAZING ABOUT CHRISTASIA LETS GO

in the greek community of australia, as in i assume many immigrant communities, there is a HUMONGOUS expectation for the woman to be subservient and just listen to the man of the relationship. that's pretty awful and honestly very problematic and i was lowkey worried that christasia would be another one of those bloody people and they'd be super boring.

BUT THEN I WAS  SHOCKED BECAUSE

basically from. the. get. go. anastasia absolutely REFUSED to take ANY of chris' crap (and chris doled out a lot of crap lol). anastasia managed to do a great dichotomy of making sure that chris knew he was absolutely NOT the leader of their relationship, or their team. i cannot remember a single argument that anastasia lost. every moment of their relationship was basically anastasia whacking chris over the head verbally <3

i do completely understand btw that anastasia still fed into a stereotypical heterosexual relationship btw, but she pushed the edges like no greek person i've seen on tv before, and imo she deserves massive creds for that, especially for doing it in such an entertaining and riveting way <33

and this isn't to discount that their arguments are AMAZING - they literally went from one corner of denpasar airport to another SCREAMING at one another nonstop, or an argument they had about literal car keys <3 or an argument during the south africa wine detour where anastasia sat resolutely and refused to partake in absolutely any part of the task whatsoever (and then chris destroyed anyway). this was often interspersed with OTTP moments which were hilarious in themselves and were juxtaposed SO WELL with their OTTN moments, for instance in the czech leg, where christasia spend the entire leg utrfighting which ended in a quote of chris being in the most dazed voice possible "she looks so beautiful" and then promptly announcing that anastasia descending from the roof of a church meant he loved her again or something <3

and this ended unfortunately after like ~8 legs of christasia arguments with the finalisation of a PERFECT arc where, during anastasia struggling through the intersection, chris finally sees the light and for once doesn't scream at her but hugs her and coaxes her through. it doesn't work in the end and they get elim after a 4hr penalty but it finishes *the* perfect arc which is one of anastasia slowly facilitating the way she would like to be treated, and chris finally coming around to that. and you know what? that's beautiful.

christasia eternal robbage forever.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 06:05:52 AM »

Why you do like them?

yes and no:

OKAY SO YOU GUYS CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO AMAZING ABOUT CHRISTASIA LETS GO

in the greek community of australia, as in i assume many immigrant communities, there is a HUMONGOUS expectation for the woman to be subservient and just listen to the man of the relationship. that's pretty awful and honestly very problematic and i was lowkey worried that christasia would be another one of those bloody people and they'd be super boring.

basically from. the. get. go. anastasia absolutely REFUSED to take ANY of chris' crap (and chris doled out a lot of crap lol). anastasia managed to do a great dichotomy of making sure that chris knew he was absolutely NOT the leader of their relationship, or their team. i cannot remember a single argument that anastasia lost. every moment of their relationship was basically anastasia whacking chris over the head verbally <3

This is actually inspiring, I'm not formally greek but I did grow up with a Greek grandmother and I do admit that the women are oppressed. I mean, I wouldn't use the term oppressed in this context but they're basically considered irrelevant people who're solely used for giving birth to children. And yeah, a lot of people do look down on them, and not only the fact that people look down on them, but they are rather taught to accept this. It's appropriated and it is encouraged to not speak up, and that's what's shameful.
Now that I think about it, Anastasia raising her voice in a way is a symbolism of Greek Women fighting back, but maybe that's just me uwu

Christasia ftw <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 07:51:33 AM »
love this, Air!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 07:54:21 AM »
Christasia <3333
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »
Well thanks for explaining it, Air. That's actually a pretty good reason :)

I always wondered why you randomly fanned over this team.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:24 AM »
2019 christasia lovebump

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 05:02:05 AM »
c h r i s t a s i a

l o v e

b u m p

Why you do like them?

yes and no:

i do completely understand btw that anastasia still fed into a stereotypical heterosexual relationship btw, but she pushed the edges like no greek person i've seen on tv before, and imo she deserves massive creds for that, especially for doing it in such an entertaining and riveting way <33

and this isn't to discount that their arguments are AMAZING - they literally went from one corner of denpasar airport to another SCREAMING at one another nonstop, or an argument they had about literal car keys <3 or an argument during the south africa wine detour where anastasia sat resolutely and refused to partake in absolutely any part of the task whatsoever (and then chris destroyed anyway). this was often interspersed with OTTP moments which were hilarious in themselves and were juxtaposed SO WELL with their OTTN moments, for instance in the czech leg, where christasia spend the entire leg utrfighting which ended in a quote of chris being in the most dazed voice possible "she looks so beautiful" and then promptly announcing that anastasia descending from the roof of a church meant he loved her again or something <3

and this ended unfortunately after like ~8 legs of christasia arguments with the finalisation of a PERFECT arc where, during anastasia struggling through the intersection, chris finally sees the light and for once doesn't scream at her but hugs her and coaxes her through. it doesn't work in the end and they get elim after a 4hr penalty but it finishes *the* perfect arc which is one of anastasia slowly facilitating the way she would like to be treated, and chris finally coming around to that. and you know what? that's beautiful.

christasia eternal robbage forever.

Air's essay on Christasia!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »
2019 christasia lovebump

Love that, Air. For those haters like me, get over it.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2019, 01:37:29 AM »
c h r i s t a s i a

l o v e b u m p

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster