Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 155450 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have reason to believe that Amazing Race MIGHT BE in winnipeg today. I have a friend who works at Tims who got a phonecall from Amazing Race, and they ordered a bunch of donuts and coffee to pickup for May 25. It may just be for the crew I'm thinking but that means contestants will be in Winnipeg right??

The Race finished yesterday.

Offline ramsharm

• RFF Newbie
oh well nvm lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you ramsham and :welcome: to RFF!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
Hey guys! I have made it back to my computer so I thought I would write a little recap of our spoiling day yesterday to accompany the pictures WP posted above. I hope this is the right place to post it.

Originally it was believed that teams would go to Toronto City Hall to rappel off one of the buildings, as per the permit discovered online. I was not far from City Hall, and since Walking Pneumonia was headed to the airport, I headed there around 9AM. After looking all around city hall, and staring at the roof for a while, it was pretty apparent to me that TAR Canada was not coming to City Hall after all. There was a lot of local news there, and it turned out in the morning there was a press conference by the Deputy Mayor (i think) and later in the afternoon the Mayor of Toronto showed up for a press conference. There is a lot of political scandal going on at City Hall right now, and judging by the amount of media there, I didn't think they would come. I texted WP who told me that teams had arrived but was unsure why they had not been released. Finally, after several hours, teams were released from the Toronto Airport (YYZ) and WP overheard that they were headed to the L Tower, which he then informed me.

I googled L Tower, it is an iconic looking building in Toronto, but I was sceptical because it is still being built and is a construction site. I grabbed a taxi (who thought I was crazy for heading to a construction site and tried to ward me off) and headed toward the L Tower on Yonge and the Esplanade. The taxi didn't think he could get me too close, so he went to pull over about 2 blocks away and let me out when I noticed a team with their camera men trying to flag down my taxi! I freaked out (fan girl moment!) and quickly gave the drive some money, jumped out, and told them they could have my cab as I was leaving anyways. They asked me to hold it as they were trying to get the cab pulling up behind me, which ended up stopping. I was able to snap a few pictures of Team #1 (first team I saw, not necessarily their placement) and then luckily I heard them frantically tell the cab driver to take them to 277 Gladstone Ave, which on a quick google search revealed to be the Cadbury Adams factory (yum! Chocolate). I texted WP, and proceeded to head toward the L Tower in hopes of spotting the other two teams, with no luck. WP offered to grab me on his way to 277 Gladstone, and as I waited I noticed a man walking with a camera man, carrying a clue box (picture above in WP's post) and they placed the clue box on the corner, filmed the clue box, picked it up, and walked back to the L Tower.

WP picked me up and we headed on our adventure to Cadbury Adams. When we got there, we saw the cluebox and the race flag on the door (see pictures above). Some very lovely production people were unimpressed with our picture taking and tried to discourage us, but we were not swayed. I estimate we were about 10-15 minutes behind the Team #1 who I saw get in the cab. We hung around Cadbury Adams for a bit, we knew there was atleast one team still inside as their cab was waiting for them. After a while, I think close to an hour, a team (Team #2 for the second team I saw that day) came running out and tried to take the cab that was waiting, no luck though. They quickly found a cab and took off. The cab driver that was waiting stayed a while longer, and then left as the team inside was taking a long time. The final team we saw (Team #3 of the day) came out of the building around 230 and ran down the road to find a Taxi.

We followed them as far as we could, but lost them when they took a quick turn onto the highway. We believe now that they were headed to the zoo. Just a general observation, after seeing Team #1 get a taxi and head to Cadbury Adams, we did not see them again! When we left to follow Team #3, production could be seen packing up and leaving. We were not far behind Team #1, so I'm not sure what happened to them. We didn't see them arrive (or any teams arrive), but we saw Team 2 & 3 leave, but not Team 1. 

Sorry for the long post! Overall, it was so much fun! Such a cool experience for me as someone who has been following (although not posting) RFF for years.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Instagram :

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Zouly the bottom left was deemed not the race, and the bottom right we have.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks Zouly!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Have we got this already?

It's in Victoria, BC

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Taken when Zouly? Doesnt look like one of our teams I dont think.... ??? Local race?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Taken when Zouly? Doesnt look like one of our teams I dont think.... ??? Local race?

Yeahh.. I think it's a local race, sorry, they're not holding the clue envelope either, and it was posted 2 days ago,

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Tania Inverso ‏@Tania_Inverso 14 Jun

Scaling down #Toronto #CityHall. I'll stick to walking on the ground. Thank-you! pic.twitter.com/oJe13JyTtp

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not us - it is from the Make-A Wish foundation Rope for Hope fundraiser...
http://www.makeawish.ca/
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Any TAR Canada Media Day sightings, advertising sightings, or related promotional sightings can now go HERE:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29106.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
(if I posted this in the wrong place, please forgive, for I am but a noob)

I was curious about the sneak peak of Ep 1 showing Vanessa and Celina (possibly a roadblock, since it's just Celina), and in one shot you could clearly see what looks to be an old railroad trestle, so l did a little research. Thank you Google Maps. They are on the Kettle Valley Railroad Trail, just outside Kelowna. On a hunch I checked out the Myra Canyon Ranch...they have an online guestbook. Here are two entries:

"Our stay with this endlessly hospitable family was a huge pleasure with wonderful food in a beautiful home ! Thank you for providing a great holiday while we were at work on the Bellevue trestle. I'll speak for the six of us in saying that we all look forward to coming for visit again soon ! Amazing Race Canada rigging team, 2.May 2013" (name withheld)

Your place made our 6 days working at the trestles into a work holiday. Thank you for the hospitality, beautiful place, juice and food. Awesome !  Amazing Race Canada rigging team, 2. May 2013 (name withheld)

http://www.myracanyon.com/guestbook_2012.htm
 :yess:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:26:20 AM by WindsorSue »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:bigwelcome to RFF, WindsorSue!!

That is a wonderful find, thank you so much for sharing it! Location, rigging, production hotel, this is a FIND! :hearts:

The video Sue is referring to can be found here, thanks to Leafsfan!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29084.msg900013.html#msg900013
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Finish Line:

With help from WP

Screencap over Google Earth

Probably the Royal Canadian Yacht club:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Notice the reflection on the side of the door...the roofline of the Yacht Club? It would make a great finish line...secluded plus a nice run to the mat.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
If you continue on to the next couple of frames, the camera pans to the front of the car, with a view of what is behind it. (to the east and then to the south) It's all parkland. I was thinking more Olympic Island than on the grounds of the RCYC. Of course, that is just for the purpose of this promo pic, and the car could have been moved to the exact area of the finish line.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR Canada SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*
« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
CTV just aired a very different commercial during Master Chef Aug 7. Jon Montgomery says something to the effect that "for the last 4 weeks, Canada has watched the teams race around Canada. But there was one place they stopped to look around." It was for "Canada's North" ...Nunavut!!!! So is this really a non-leg?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR Canada SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
That's not what they were implying.