Author Topic: Meet The BB15 HGs: Aaryn Gries  (Read 10525 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Meet The BB15 HGs: Aaryn Gries
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »

Name: Aaryn Gries

Hometown: San Angelo, Texas.

Living: San Marcos, Texas

Marital Status: Single

Three adjectives that describe you: Outgoing, driven and spontaneous.

Favorite Activities: Snowboarding, wakeboarding, traveling, working out, Zumba, crafting, decorating, planning events, attending festivals and meeting people.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the “Big Brother” house? Not knowing who is genuine and who isn’t, and realizing that my trusting nature could be my downfall.

Strategy for winning “Big Brother”: I think I will go into the game with the same mentality I go into life: only focusing on myself and what I need to do to make it through, but I’m sure there will be moments of weakness where I second guess myself. I will use my Psychology training as best as I can and try to be strategic.

What are you afraid of? People with evil or absent minds that hurt or deceive others.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am most proud of my ability to rise above disappointment and press on with a positive and peaceful mind. I am extremely proud that each day, no matter what happens, I do my best to look at every situation in a positive light. I can see my future clearly and I’m taking the right steps to reach my goals.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… what you think about, you bring about.

What would you take into the house and why? My music, books by Rhonda Byrne and my cat, Pumpkin, because these three things help my peace of mind.

What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous? I would be entirely grateful for Big Brother putting my dreams on fast-track, and I would never forget the experience.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:16:33 PM by HurricaneHowieWood »
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: Meet The BB15 HGs: Aaryn Gries
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »
Get to Know Aaryn

<a href="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=n67TsUJMAR0P&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;270&quot; src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=n67TsUJMAR0P&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=n67TsUJMAR0P&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;270&quot; src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=n67TsUJMAR0P&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
Here it is folks!! the results of Aaryn's action inside the house won't hit her till she is outside the house!

Zephyr Talent
6 hours ago near Austin, TX ·

Aaryn, season 15 cast member of Big Brother, revealed prejudices and other beliefs that we (Zephyr Talent) do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Aaryn on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by Aaryn, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are hers alone and do not represent the views or opinions of Zephyr Talent. Upon much consideration, we have decided to release Aaryn from her contract with Zephyr Talent.

https://m.facebook.com/ZephyrTalent/posts/672496459443688

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »
Looks like everyone got to see her true colours. :) :) :)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
She's not getting a good edit on tonight's show either.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:05:57 PM »
Would love to know what her families reaction to all of this is.   :ascared

Offline tminus6453

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 01:19:14 AM »
Sucks to be her

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:22:11 AM »
I've been thinking the same thing BamBam. If I were her mother I would be horrified at my daughter's nasty mouth. I think life is really going to kick Aaryn's butt when she's out of the house.  :knuckles:

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
I've been thinking the same thing BamBam. If I were her mother I would be horrified at my daughter's nasty mouth. I think life is really going to kick Aaryn's butt when she's out of the house.  :knuckles:

I have a feeling that Aaryn won't believe everyone hates her as much as they do.  Not even loosing her job will make it sink in.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 03:17:51 PM »
Having seen what they are showing on the edited version, I have to say that I think the Chenbot has a really big hate on for Aaryn.  We really haven't seen much of what GM, Germ and Kait have been doing as well.

I think it might have been the manicure scene that put JC over the edge.  To be fair, they should be showing the others also cracking race/religion/orientation comments, but haven't, so it will be interesting to see the public perception when (pleaselord) Germ is evicted on Thursday instead of Aaryn.

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 05:16:18 AM »
Having seen what they are showing on the edited version, I have to say that I think the Chenbot has a really big hate on for Aaryn.  We really haven't seen much of what GM, Germ and Kait have been doing as well.

I think it might have been the manicure scene that put JC over the edge.  To be fair, they should be showing the others also cracking race/religion/orientation comments, but haven't, so it will be interesting to see the public perception when (pleaselord) Germ is evicted on Thursday instead of Aaryn.

What will also be interesting is to see the post eviction interview with Julie if she is the one evicted.  Julie is tough and her feelings about A's racism are obvious.  But she is always friendly with the one evicted and this one is too much of a sting for JC to be her usual cheerful self.  My guess is that JC already has something prepared to say.

Offline JEN4611

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »
I think it would be awesome if they just ushered her out to a booing crowd and no JC there to greet her.  :funny:

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »
I think it would be awesome if they just ushered her out to a booing crowd and no JC there to greet her.  :funny:

I like the way you think! :yess:  what a BB moment THAT would be!

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »

This would be perfect  :funny: . I truly hope Julie doesn't hold back, and regardless I am sure the crowd will boo her horribly. I can't wait!! Lol.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »
How about having Chima and Libra to greet her upon her eviction?  :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »
Good one BamBam!  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 07:16:46 AM »
Aaryn needs to go this week. The Mom Squad needs to squash the KKK <3

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
Big Brother': Contestant who made racist remarks to get PR help

By Greg Braxton
July 17, 2013, 5:54 p.m.
"Big Brother" houseguest Aaryn Gries, who has made derogatory remarks about African American, Asian American and gay members of the house, has no idea that her remarks have sparked a controversy among viewers.

But when she exits the house, she will apparently get some help with "spin control" to deal with the potenial public fallout from her controversial comments.

Sources for the series said the mother of Gries, who lives in San Angelo, Texas, has already hired a publicist for the 22-year-old college student, making Gries perhaps the first contestant in "Big Brother" history to get representation while still living in the house.

Gries has already lost her job at a modeling agency as a result of the remarks. While she is still isolated and unaware of her dismissal, her mother is aware of the firing and is taking steps to redeem her daughter's reputation.

In last Sunday's episode, Gries mocked a female black contestant, adopting a stereotypical black accent. She has also been shown mocking Asian accents, telling a Asian houseguest that she should "shut up and go make some rice."

"Big Brother" host Julie Chen has lashed out at Gries and fellow houseguest GinaMarie Zimmerman, who has made similar remarks against minorities.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-big-brother-houseguest-who-made-racist-remarks-to-get-pr-spin-20130717,0,1890671.story?track=rss

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »
Odds that "Mommy" told her to be a beyotch, because the nice ones don't really get famous?   :oh

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 10:23:56 AM »
Odds that "Mommy" told her to be a beyotch, because the nice ones don't really get famous?   :oh

There are villionesses and there are beyotchs but Aaryn isn't the former and she overdid the latter  :umn: She shouldn't have listened to her mother.

I really feel sorry for her in a way because she is so totally clueless about what she did and said and it's never her fault, it's the other person who didn't understand.

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 02:06:52 AM »
The Exit Interview Everyone Was Talking About:

<a href="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=tlR_SL3y3oI1&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;270&quot; src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=tlR_SL3y3oI1&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=tlR_SL3y3oI1&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowScriptAccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;270&quot; src=&quot;http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=tlR_SL3y3oI1&amp;partner=cbs&amp;gen=1&quot; allowFullScreen=&quot;true&quot; allowScriptAccess=&quot;always&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »
Way to go Aaryn.

You've managed to piss off one of the largest and most proud states in the nation.

Not to mention 'Southerners'.

Good luck with that.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
I don't know about San Angelo where she grew up It is a small town but a college town between Austin and Dallas but I do know that we don't talk or think like she does in Austin. At least no one I know!

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
Don't I know it TL...

My BIL has a PHD in Music comp and taught at Austin for a number of years.

Obviously she wasn't a music major.