Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167315 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »
And back...

Braian & Karina are heading to Plaza Francia in the Panama's Casco Viejo.

The U-Turn is at the entrance of the place.

Dario & Esther in third after ending their Detour. Eze & Tobias in fourth.

Manfred & Pierre and Darío & Esther choose not to U-Turn anybody. Of course, Eze & Tobias U-Turn Jessica & Michelle.

Braian did the U-Turn by strategy, cause Eze & Tobias are second to last.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
Venezuela friends do Land.

Both teams are searching under the pots.

Braian & Karina at the Plaza. Clue: travel by taxi to the Isaac Hannono Misti street, and search for the next clue.

Uruguay and Costa Rica in second and third.

Eze & Tobias get the clue. So the girls, they know they were U-Turned and go to do Water.

Eze & Tobias can't believe they were U-Turned by Braian & Karina.

Commercial.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
And the race continues...

Argentina couple first at the Route Marker. Roadblock: who's better informed? Search between the pages of 50 newpapers for an advertising with the next clue.

Karina is doing it. Esther is doing it. Manfred is doing it.

Eze & Tobias at Plaza Francia and heading to the Route Marker.

The three are checking the dates of the papers for the same editions in each group of newspapers.

Eze & Tobias catched the leading pack.

Jessica & Michelle arrives to the Route Marker and the RB.

Eze is doing the RB, and Jessica performs it. The boys apologize with the girls.

Eze has the clue first! But Tobias is not there, he went shopping something to drink.  :groan:

Commercial.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:05:55 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
Braian & Karina U-Turned Eze & Tobias.

YES!  :yess: Finally someone stop thinking "Because we are from the same country we should be frieeeeends"

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2013, 07:01:27 PM »
Back to the race...

Tobias is missing and Eze is shouting in despair. He finally appears.

Clue: travel by taxi to the heliport of the Bay Front Tower, the pit stop of the leg.

They can't find a cab. Manfred find the clue, and tell it to Esther and Karina.

Eze & Tobias finally get a cab. Ticans find it quickly.

Karina found the clue. Only remained the two other girls.

Esther get it too and are heading to the Pit Stop.

The girls got it!

Eze & Tobias at the tower! Must climb by the stairs to the heliport. They are the team number one! Prize: a smartphone for each one.

Manfred & Pierre in second.

Braian & Karina check in third. The things are going to be more spicy, and fun, they said.

Dario & Esther are the team number four.

Jessica & Michelle arrived in last. They've been eliminated from the race. They talik about what they learned on the race. They wanted to be in the finals. Depart at the ninth leg is even good. They were proud of each other.

Preview!

New episode at the beach. Tobias is feeling deezy. Frictions between the contestants.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #405 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:48 PM »
Two things...

1.This was the most exciting episode of this season... probably because out of all the teams I wanted Jessica&Michelle to be on the finals and probably win the race... but what can you do...

2. I can't believe the best challenge in the race that caused one of the biggest changes in position was one where the teams had to find a something in a newspaper... I know I've seen this before but can't place it... Well done Space... That's an amazing race challenge... Lame in paper but with so many outcomes and possibilities.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #406 on: November 11, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »
The RB is a copy of the TAR13 Active Route Marker in the leg 3 on Bolivia.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
The RB is a copy of the TAR13 Active Route Marker in the leg 3 on Bolivia.

knew it but couldn't place it for some reason I was thinking on TARLA season 2 maybe... but you are right :)

Did anybody else notice how if you don't count TARLA4 because was Brazilians only... In every season of TARLA there has been at least 1 team from Argentina on the Final 3... I know I talk about that I don't care about nationalities but I felt like pointing that out.

Edit: If everyone who is on budget management from The Amazing Race Lationamerica is reading this. Here is a tip to get more money for challenges: STOP SPENDING MONEY IN HOTELS FOR THE TEAMS IF HOURS OF OPERATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT NIGHT. IF THEY NEED TO SLEEP IN THE FLOOR OR A BEACH THEY'LL DO IT TO GET A CLUE. IS A FAIR EQUALIZER AND SHOULDN'T BE AVOIDED.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:32:45 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
Yeap. I know.  :)  (And all I have to say about it is "mission accomplished"... again. :lol: )

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »
Edit: If everyone who is on budget management from The Amazing Race Lationamerica is reading this. Here is a tip to get more money for challenges: STOP SPENDING MONEY IN HOTELS FOR THE TEAMS IF HOURS OF OPERATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT NIGHT. IF THEY NEED TO SLEEP IN THE FLOOR OR A BEACH THEY'LL DO IT TO GET A CLUE. IS A FAIR EQUALIZER AND SHOULDN'T BE AVOIDED.

This.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »
Yeap. I know.  :)  (And all I have to say about it is "mission accomplished"... again. :lol: )

Funny thing is Brian&Karina and Tamara&Matias are the only ones who deserved it... Aleandra&Marlene  :groan:  Tobias&Ezequiel   :groan:  Maxi&Demi   :groan:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »
Aleandra and Marlene did it better in the final part of the season than in the beginning. I must be honest. I was rooting for them (I root for all my teams always), although until they arrived to Córdoba I was convinced that they wouldn't reach the finals, and probably would be luckyly the last to be eliminated. But it seemed that racing on Argentina recharged them somehow - and I don't forget they constant bickering along the previous legs - and from this point on they minimized errors.

With Maxi and Demi I was a little less enthusiastic. The guys were cool and gave me a Brendon & Adam type vibe, but it was really a suprise for me them surviving until the F4 and becoming one of the final 3. Of course, once there I wanted badly for their winning.

(BTW, should we start a "Previous TARLA sessions discussion" thread? :lol: )

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #412 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
OK I agree on Aleandra&Marlene doing better at the end but I was so annoyed by Maxi&Demi the entire time but then again that season was all over the place...

Let's face it, theres like 4 people talking about TARLA mostly you and me... don't think anyone would care if previous races is talk here...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »
Preview!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4u24RmUbpJc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4u24RmUbpJc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #414 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:05 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:43:37 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #415 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:31 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:50:28 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #416 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:56 AM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:53:04 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #417 on: November 12, 2013, 07:53:49 AM »
Preview and caps up!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #418 on: November 12, 2013, 02:39:09 PM »
I don't get why other teams seem to think of Brian and Karina as somewhat villanous? their playing the game. Also, have to agree about making the teams rough it instead of giving them hotels. Top three everytime??!... Argentinians know how to play the game.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #419 on: November 12, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
I don't get why other teams seem to think of Brian and Karina as somewhat villanous? their playing the game. Also, have to agree about making the teams rough it instead of giving them hotels. Top three everytime??!... Argentinians know how to play the game.

The U-Turn is there for a reason... and they use it with a solid strategy... so I have no problem with it... specially because it was between people from the same country which is great because finally someone realize this is not a competition between countries this is a reality tv show that puts 11 teams that are NOT REPRESENTING A COUNTRY.

And yes argentinians seems to understand the game better and a little bit of luck has put them ahead (cough... Eze&Tobias... cough...)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #420 on: November 12, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »
(BTW, should we start a "Previous TARLA sessions discussion" thread? :lol: )

You know what I was thinking about that we should maybe have... a Wishlist thread for TARLA or something like that where we can discuss what we want to see from the franchise... Maybe made up legs or possible challenges or possible cities or towns that we would like be part of the show... maybe possible landmarks? cultures?  blahblah

Maybe? Would anyone be interested? I know that pretty much every latin american leg from the wishlist thread for TARUSA would work for TARLA but maybe this could make it easy to archive or be specific for TARLA's style... you know... not that expensive style...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #421 on: November 12, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »
Start it and let's see how it works. :tup:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Next week I promise if someone don't do it first... I'm kind of in a bussy week and I'd like to do something fun and interactive to start things off.. :)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
Every team left is just kind of meh for me. I'm rooting for Costa Rica because they're having the most fun, it seems. We haven't learned anything from the teams except that Eze (or tobías) has fibromyalgia and that Esther & Darío want to get in vitro fertilization. It's hard to care for any team because I don't know what their motivations are. We haven't even seen much about the relationships within each team. This season feels very shallow.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
dw y'all I also watch this :lol: but yeah this endgame in general seems rather bland

Dario & Esther FTW
I'm baaaaaack!