Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167313 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »
Speedbump at the museum: Eat a "Motongo" each one, a typical Dominican food.

Dario & Esther are following a guide and start to climb and descend through the falls.

Jessica & Michelle in second. Eze & Tobias in third.

Uruguay couple had the coins and is travelling down sliding on the water to return to the departing point.

The place, by the way, is stunning.

Dario & Esther have to jump from the top of a fall in the last part of the circuit.

Commercial.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
The race continues.

Esther is scared but jumps anyway.

Jessica & Michelle get the coins and are travelling back.

The coins must be inserted in piggys. Uruguay is done. Clue: Travel to the Playa Dorada Golf Course where they'll find the following clue.

Foot race to the cars between Uruguay and Venezuela. Jessica & Michelle are in first now.

Evelyn & Jorge are just arriving.

Eze & Tobias completed the task.  So Karina & Braian.

Jessica & Michelle at the Golf Club, with Esther & Darío right behind them.

Clue: Detour: "distance" and Precision.

Distance: do 5 shoots surpassing 200 yards of distance each.

Precision: do 5 holes in two shots each.

Jessica & Michelle opt by distance. Esther & Dario, precision.

Both teams struggling.

Uruguay have the first hole.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »
Colombian couple is done at the task.

Domincans ahead of Argentina couple.

Jessica & Michelle can do a good shot.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2013, 06:48:49 PM »
And back.

Jessica & Michelle switch detours.

Uruguay is done. Clue: Travel to the Malecón de la Puntilla, the Pit Stop of the leg.

Eze & Tobias chose Distance. Manfred & Pierre and Braian & Karina choose precision.
Eze & Tobias change to precision too.

Evelyn & Jorge catch the others and opt by Distance.

All doing precision are failing constantly.

Eze & Tobias finish the Detour in second.

Dario & Esther arrives in first again, and win the leg. Prize: 2.500 dollars each.  :yess:. (Finally a good prize!)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2013, 06:50:31 PM »
Manfred & Pierre finished the Detour in third. Jessica & Michelle in fourth. Braian & Karina in fifth.

Evelyn & Jorge change to precision too.

At the Pit Stop, Eze & Tobias arrive in second, but have a 30 minutes penalty by speeding.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #380 on: November 04, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
And the race is back...

Colombian couple finished the Detour.

Manfred & Pierre arrived in third to the PS, but they check in second place again.

Foot race to the Pit Stop, Jessica & Michelle penalized too by speeding, Braian & Karina then check in third.

Evelyn & Jorge at the PS before end of penalties, but they exceed the Speed Limit too so they're penalized.

Eze & Tobias finish the 30 minutes and check in fourth. Venezuelan girls in fifth.

Evelyn & Jorge are the last team, and they're eliminated from the race.

They're happy of being at the race. They will never forget the days at the race in the future. The race help them to getting closer. What experienced pays more than the 250 thousand dollars prize.

Preview!

Ryding quads, ski, Jessica & Michelle saying is a hard leg.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #381 on: November 04, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
The preview took me by surprise (of course, first time after eight episodes), so if any can update my poor line about it, please do it.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
Thank you for these walkthroughs alen.  :)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
So... th episode is still airing here... just came here to say... FINALLY A GOOD PRIZE  :yess: probably because of the amount of scotiabank logos on the leg...

I'll keep an eye on the preview if it airs here... also I got a commercial break in the middle of the segment and the episode kept going so I think I missed 2 minutes of it... So weird...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #384 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »
My browser crashed... don't even remember what I said...

Too bad Evelyn&jorge are going home... they were doing fine actually....

PREVIEW:

2x U-TURN
Running at night
Michelle crying in a taxi
Surfing Ski

Not much else really...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #385 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »
PREVIEW OF THE NEXT EPISODE!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsyPXuw_3Qs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nsyPXuw_3Qs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #386 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
Caps from the preview!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #387 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
Second part of the caps.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #388 on: November 05, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
Last part of the caps.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #389 on: November 05, 2013, 03:12:32 PM »
The place, by the way, is stunning.

Dario & Esther have to jump from the top of a fall in the last part of the circuit.

Commercial.
The whole time I was watching I kept thinking "Man, I gotta take a vacation Here!" This episode was a great commercial for The Dominican Republic.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
 :waves: Hey guys

13 and 14 are in the French Embasy in Panamá City.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
:waves: Hey guys

13 and 14 are in the French Embasy in Panamá City.

What fits with this:

PANAMA!!

@andylyons
approx. 6hours ago

"Today while in Panama I saw the box where you get a clue for the Amazing Race. I went over and looked at it and took a picture. Then the producer came over and took a pic with me. There was still one team that hadn't checked in yet. So as we walked down the road we saw them come around the corner so Tara, Brandon and I took off running after them videoing and taking pics. I was cheering them on so hopefully we will make the show. This will be the Amazing Race that airs in the Fall. It was so cool plus I love that show. Bam!"

And this:

The place of the picture is the French Park,  a monument to the French builders that began the Panama Canal.

Those are only a couple minutes away walking.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:16:00 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
Desde las sombras

Uno de los productores de “The Amazing Race” nos cuenta en primera personas las impresiones de la carrera más extrema del continente.

EPISODIO 7

Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Hashtag del día: #santasvelasbatman

Santo Domingo, señoras y señores. Ciudad colonial propiamente dicho. Aquí está la casa de Diego Colón, hijo de aquel navegante que hace poco más de cinco siglos llegó a América. Muy rica en historia y cultura. Personalmente, me di el gusto de pasar por la calle donde se filmó una escena de la célebre "El Padrino 2", dada la similitud de esta ciudad con Cuba.

Otro episodio muy caluroso, y encima, con lluvia. La lluvia nos hace muy difícil trabajar y hasta arruina nuestros equipos técnicos. Ustedes vieron un programa impecable al aire gracias al arduo trabajo que todos realizan detrás de las cámaras. Desde la host, "Toya" Montoya, siempre dispuesta todas las demandas del episodio (créanme que son muchas), hasta el último técnico que carga con sus equipos todos el día. Nadie se queja, todos empujan. El capítulo arrojó a los seis restantes equipos, ya nivelados en tiempos, a tomar las líneas del metro de la ciudad y llegar a un mercado para comprar una cantidad de útiles escolares y zapatos para niños. Los elementos debían sumar un número exacto de dinero que les permitiera superar la prueba. De paso, la acción solidaria del día se completó cuando se trasladaron a la escuela "Cristo te ama" e hicieron entrega de lo adquirido a niños carenciados.

De allí, de vuelta al metro y hacia el estadio olímpico Félix Sánchez a practicar la versión callejera del baseball, la vitilla. Sólo que en el juego no hay bola, sino un pequeña tapita plástica. Los taxis que debían trasladarlos hacia la Iglesia de San Miguel, su próximo destino, probaron ser una dificultad para más de una pareja. Que te llevan, que no... en fin. El mayor problema lo tuvieron en la iglesia. Pero más adelante hablaremos de eso. Los dos restantes desafíos los hicieron pasar primero por el mercado modelo de la ciudad, donde debieron encontrar un cuadro entre miles (muy bonitos, por cierto), a partir de una parte de la imagen que ya tenían en su pista. El segundo test estaba en el barrio chino de la ciudad. Dicha comunidad tiene como costumbre pegar en la calle infinidad de afiches o carteles y publicaciones. Por supuesto, en mandarín. Los participantes tenían que encontrar la misma publicación que había en su pista para avanzar.

El hecho de que hayan sido nivelados al principio del episodio no cambió demasiado el orden de los factores. El producto del día fue alterado básicamente por un hecho: al pasar por la Iglesia debían prenderle una vela al santo y no lo hizo nadie, con excepción de los uruguayos Darío y Esther. Quizá desde el deseo que el santo los ayude a cumplir ese sueño de poder tener un hijo. Ese sueño que cada vez que se aborda en una charla con ellos les llena los ojos de lágrimas y te hace imposible no comprenderlos y emocionarte. Todos menos ellos debieron regresar a la iglesia a prender la vela.

El resultado que arrojó el día, además de la victoria charrúa, fue los costarricenses en segundo lugar. Pierre y Manfred siguen a la vanguardia, pero cuidado, la rodilla de Pierre está pidiendo reposo y posiblemente les dificulte la carrera. Terceras las venezolanas Michelle y Jessica, también con problemas físicos, ya que la espalda de Jessica pide a gritos anti-inflamatorios. Cuartos, y casi empeñados en estar siempre en la cornisa, la pareja de argentinos Braian y Karina (un poquito "calientes". ¡Vamos, chicos, que están para más si se calman!). Quintos los patagónicos Tobías y Ezequiel, que parecen recuperados físicamente, pero muy enojados con los tiempos perdidos en penalidades y errores cometidos. Si no se quitan el enfado les va a seguir sucediendo mismo.

Sorprendentemente últimos llegaron los favoritos y colombianísimos Jorge y Evelyn. Aparentemente, la prueba de comprar los útiles escolares les tomó mucho más tiempo que el necesario. ¡Se caían las casas de apuestas! ¡Se iban los más ganadores de TAR 2013! Sólo los salvó el hecho de que el episodio era no eliminatorio. Pagarán su multa y se esforzarán por no quedar afuera. La moraleja de hoy nos deja demostrado que cualquiera puede ganar y cualquiera puede quedar afuera. Los ayer que ayer fueron últimos hoy son ganadores, y vicerveza... perdón, viceversa.

Ok, amigos. Acabo de ver una cerveza y me voy a relajar después de otro largo día de trabajo. Nos vemos en la próxima etapa. ¡Salud!

From the shadows

One of the producers of "The Amazing Race" told in first person impressions of the most extreme race on the continent.

EPISODE 7

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Today's hashtag: #santasvelasbatman (#holycandlesbatman)

Santo Domingo, ladies and gentlemen. Colonial city itself. Here is the house of Diego Columbus, son of the sailor who just over than five centuries ago came to America. Very rich in history and culture. Personally, I had the pleasure of going through the street where they filmed a scene from the famous "Godfather 2", given the similarity of this city with Cuba.

Another episode very hot, and over, with rain. The rain makes it very difficult to work and even ruin our technical teams. You saw a neat program to air thanks to hard work that everyone does behind the scenes. Since the host, "Toya" Montoya, always ready all the demands of the episode (believe me there are many), until the last technician who carries their equipment all day. Nobody complains, all pushed. Chapter threw the remaining six teams, already leveled at times, to take the subway lines in the city and going to a market to buy a lot of school supplies and children's shoes. The elements should add up an exact number of money to enable them to pass the test. Incidentally, the caring action of the day was completed when they traveled to the "Jesus loves you" school and surrendered the acquired to the needy children.

From there, back to the subway and to the Felix Sanchez Olympic Stadium to practice street version of baseball, the Vitilla. Only in the game no ball, but a small Plastic Cap. Taxis should take them to the Church of San Miguel, his next destination, proved to be a difficulty for more than one pair. Lead you, do not ... anyway. The biggest problem they had it in the church. But talk about that later. The remaining two first challenges make them go through the market model of the city, where they had to find a picture from thousands (very nice, by the way), starting from a part of a picture that they had in their clue. The second test was in the Chinatown of the city. This community has as its custom paste into the street a lot of posters or banners and publications. Of course in Mandarin. The participants had to find the same publication that was in his clue to move forward.

The fact that they have been leveled at the beginning of the episode did not change much the order of the factors. The production of the day was altered basically by one fact: at the moment of going inside the Church they should light a candle to the saint and nobody did, except for the Uruguayans Dario and Esther. Perhaps from their desire the saint helps them to fulfill that dream of having a child. That dream that every time is commented in a chat with them filled their eyes with tears and makes you impossible not to understand and be thrilled. All but them had to return to the church to light the candle.

The outcome tossed on the day, besides the Uruguayan victory was Ricans in second. Pierre and Manfred continue to lead, but beware, Pierre's knee is asking them for rest and will possibly hinder the race. On third, Venezuela's Jessica and  Michelle, also with physical problems, since Jessica's back screams anti-inflammatory. Fourths, and almost always determined to be on the ledge, the Argentinian couple Braian and Karina (a little "hot." Come on, guys, you are for more if can calm down!). Fifth, Patagonians Tobias and Ezequiel, who seem recovered physically, but are very angry with the times lost in penalties and mistakes. Unless they leave the anger behind, is going to continue happening to them the same.

Surprisinlgy in last arrived the favorites Jorge and Evelyn. Apparently, the buying the school supplies task took them much longer than necessary. The betting houses were falling down! The biggest winners of TARLA 2013 were leaving! Only save them the fact that the episode was a non eliminatory one. They will serve their penalty and will endeavor for not to be left out. The moral of today leaves us proved that anyone can win and anyone can be left out. The past was yesterday yesterday today are winners, and beerce versa ... sorry, vice versa.

Ok, folks. I just saw a beer and I'm going to relax after another long day at work. See you at the next leg. Cheers!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »
Desde las sombras

Uno de los productores de “The Amazing Race” nos cuenta en primera personas las impresiones de la carrera más extrema del continente.

EPISODIO 8

Cabarete & Puerto Plata, República Dominicana
Hashtag del día: #chaufavoritos

Cabarete no es un club nocturno donde hay batitubos y señoritas de dudosa reputación. Es una localidad dominicana que ofrece hermosas playas. Hasta allí debieron transportarse los participantes para realizar la primera prueba del episodio, luego de conducir 400 km aproximadamente desde la ciudad de Santo Domingo. Históricamente las reglas de The Amazing Race explicitan una velocidad máxima en los recorridos. No todos la respetarían y esto iba a ser determinante al final.

Conocimos también la ciudad de Puerto Plata, uno de los centros turísticos más importante de este país, donde se encuentran los 27 Charcos la Damajagua, un increíble espacio natural donde existen saltos de hasta 12 metros de altura en un ambiente de jungla, con toboganes y piscinas naturales en el medio del bosque. De algo tan natural y salvaje nos fuimos a la hipertranquilidad de unos campos de golf, donde los equipos debían elegir en su desvío del día entre precisión o distancia. Jugar al golf no es fácil; parece, pero no lo es. Hay que tener mucha paciencia, puede ser muy frustrante.

A medida que las duplas superaban la prueba se iban hacia el muy bonito malecón de la ciudad, donde se encuentra la hermosa Fortaleza de San Felipe. Allí estaba el pitstop. Toya recibió en primer lugar a los uruguayos Darío y Esther, ganadores también de la etapa anterior y ya su tercer primer puesto. Esto ya dejó de ser sorpresa. Los charrúas piensan cuando hay que pensar y ponen cuando hay que poner. Se llevaron 5.000 dólares de premio para seguir alimentando su sueño. Segundo fue Costa Rica, siempre firme en el podio y dispuestos a dejar todo. Terceros Braian y Karina, aprovechando las penalidades de los que superaron el límite de velocidad; el equipo Patagonia de Tobías y Ezequiel fue cuarto; y Venezuela quedó en quinto lugar con Jessica y Michelle.

La sorpresa estuvo en la eliminación. Los bogotanos Jorge y Evelyn siempre fueron favoritos. Ganaron varios episodios y comenzaron como para llevarse el mundo por delante. A pesar de lograr superar su multa generada por haber llegado en último puesto en el episodio anterior, no repararon en la regla de la velocidad máxima en su traslado de Santo Domingo a Puerto plata y eso les costó la eliminación. Los detalles hacen la diferencia. Un error baja un favorito así de fácil.

Nos vamos a otro aeropuerto. Mi pasaporte me pide que no le hagan más tatuajes. Recibe uno cada 48 horas y su cuerpito no muestra muchos más espacios a cubrir. Yo siento que el que muestra la foto es alguien mucho más joven que el que veo al espejo a diario. Pero no nos quejamos; por el contrario, seguimos adelante.

Gracias a todos y nos vemos la próxima.

From the shadows

One of the producers of "The Amazing Race" told in first person impressions of the most extreme race on the continent.

EPISODE 8

Cabarete & Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Today's hashtag: #chaufavoritos (#byefavourites)

Cabarete is not a nightclub where there are poles and ladies of doubtful reputation. It's a Dominican town offering beautiful beaches. Towards that place teams had to travel to perform the first task of the episode, after driving 259 miles away from the city of Santo Domingo. Historically the rules of The Amazing Race were explicit about maximum speed on the roads. Not everyone would respect it and this was going to be decisive in the end.

We also knew the city of Puerto Plata, one of the most important tourist centers of the country, where you will find the 27 Pools of Damajagua, an incredible natural space where exist jumps up to 39 feet high in a jungle environment, with slides and natural pools in the middle of the forest. From something so natural and wild, we went to the hyper tranquility of a golf courses, where teams had to choose in the day's Detour between precision or distance. Playing golf is not easy; seems to, but is not. You must have a lot of patience, it can be very frustrating.

As the couple surpassed the challenge, they went to the very nice city's boardwalk, where you find the beatiful San Felipe Fortress. The Pit Stop was there. Toya received first to Uruguayans Darío & Esther, also winners of the previous leg and with their third first place. This had ceased to be a surprise. The charrúas think when they should, and set themselves when they have to. They earned a 5.000 dollars prize to continue feeding their dream. Second was Costa Rica, always firm on the podium and ready to give everything. Third Braian and Karina, taking advantage of the penalties from those who exceeded the speed limit, the Patagonia team of Tobias and Ezequiel was fourth, and Venezuela came in fifth with Jessica and Michelle.

The surprise was in the elimination. Bogota's natives George and Evelyn were always favorites. They won several episodes and started as if they'll take the world ahead.  Despite successfully overcome their penalty generated for coming in last in the previous episode, did not notice the rule of maximum speed during transportion from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata, and this costed them the elimination. Details make the difference. An error knock down a favourite that easy.

We are going to another airport. My passport ask me not to do it more tattoos. Gets one every 48 hours and his little body does not show many more spaces to cover. I feel that the picture is showing someone a lot younger than who I can see in the mirror every day. But we did not complain, on the contrary, we move on.

Thank you and see you on the next!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
Another 5 minutes delay for today.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
 :waves:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Previously on The Amazing Race Latin America...

Six teams keep racing in Dominican Republic and arrived to Puerto Plata.

Dario & Esther reach their third victory.

Speeding penalty for three teams. Colombian couple was eliminated by this.

Intro.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Dario & Esther depart first. Clue: drive to Las Americas Airport and flight to Panamá city. Then make their way to the Scotiabank ATM from the Corporative Park Andrew Field to get their money from the leg.

Uruguay first, they get their money and the clue.

Clue: make their way to the Albrook terminal at take a bus to Chame, Then go to the Cabaña Borgoña Hotel and check in on the registration book.

At the terminal, Dario & Esther bought all the tickets from their bus, so their depart inmediatly.

Jessica & MIchelle were sent to a different place by the cab driver.

Manfred & Pierre and Braian & Karina at the second bus.

Eze & Tobias in the third.

Jessica & Michelle in a bus with a driver who's "making them the favour of dropping both at Chame" (Michelle dixit).

Michelle is crying.

Commercial.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:06:42 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
And we're back...

Dario & Esther, Braian & Karina and Manfred & Pierre get out of the bus far from the hotel.

The uruguayan couple arrive first and check.  9.44pm.

Braian & Karina check at 10.00pm, in second.

Manfred & Pierre thirds at 10.10pm. Eze & Tobias at 10.24pm.

Jessica & Michelle lasts at 11.09pm.

Next day.

Clue: travel by taxi to Nitrocity Panama Action Fort Resort and go to the beach to find the next clue. Caution doble U-Turn ahead. Keep your taxi.

Clue: Detour: Land or Water.

Land: drive a quad through a course and find a clue hidden under pots along the way, if they find hourgalss, must turn it on and wait to finish the time.

Water: travel on a wakeboard to the other side of the lake to retrieve their next clue without falling.

Dario & Esther choose Land. First pot, hourglass

Braian & Karina opt by Land, Manfred & Pierre selected Water.

Argentina couple first pot, hourglass. Uruguay couple second pot, another hourglass.

Eze & Tobias choose Water.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »
Braian & Karina find the clue first. Make your way to the Return site and make your choice about it. Then travel by taxi to the Casco Viejo in Panama city.

Manfred & Pierre complete the Detour.

Braian & Karina U-Turned Eze & Tobias.

Commercial.