Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167299 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
And we're back.

Morning. Clue: Travel by taxi to the 1st. Brigade of Special Forces and do exercises with them. Once done, they will receive the next clue.

Evelyn & Jorge first. Change clothes to uniforms. Marching is the first part. (Oh, Dandrew!)

Colombian couple struggling with this.

Speedbump at the hotel: cousins have to deliver twenty suitcases in their corresponding rooms.

Evelyn is having a hard time.

Instructing are making have a hard time to the teams.

Costa Rica and Argentina teams at the headquarters doing the training.

Colombia is done. Clue: Detour.

Special Forces or Parachuting.

Special forces: complete a training exercise of a special force memeber.

Parachuting: complete the training who does an airborne troop and perform the jump at a practice platform.

Special forces: Costa rica, Argentina friends,

Parachuting: Colombia and Argentina couples, Uruguay

Evelyn & Jorge finish first. Clue: Travel by taxi to the Club Universitario Regatas.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:23:22 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
Manfred & Pierre in second.

Juan & Beto are really having a bad time with the training.

Esther are afraid of doing the jump.

Commercial.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »
Back on the race.

Esther finally does the jump. And Uruguay is in third.

Special Forces: Brazil cousins

Parachuting: Colombian sisters, Venezuelan friends and Juan & Beto.

Argentinian teams four and five.

Astrid & Aleja do the jump (Aleja wants to do it again for fun), they're in sixth.

Venezuelan in seventh.

Evelyn & Jorge at the club. Clue: board an olympic row boat and follow a race course to get the next clue.

Costa Rica right behind.

Argentina friends and Uruguay in a close race to the club.

Colombia couple first. Clue: Go to the Cordón Bleu.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »
Brazil in eighth.

Mex-Guatemala do the jump and finish in ninth.

Eze & Tobias surpass Manfred & Pierre, but they loose balance and fall to the water close to the end of the course.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
And the race keeps going on...

Argentina and Costa Rica friends are two and three.

Colombia couple at the Cordón Blue. Roadblock: Who has best taste? Taste 4 different dishes and guess 4 ingredients of each one. They have 6 tries for each one.

Evelyn is doing it, so Manfred, Tobias

Braian & Karina cab driver seems to take them to the wrong entrance of the club.

Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil moves in front of them.

Sisters use the Express Pass to skip the task! And leave in fourth.

Uruguay now in fifth.

Cousins having troubles with the boat.

Aleja's doing the RB. Esther too.

Manfred get the clue. Go on taxi to the Huaca Huallamarca, the next Pit Stop. Last two teams will be eliminated.

Venezuela in sixth at the rowing task.

Colombia couple finish RB in second.

Costa Rica officialy in first place after giving the flag to Toya. Prize: a camera Hd. (not going to say anything about it)

Colombia couple in second, but they didn't left the packs in the marked place at the club, so they've got a 15minutes penalty.

Brazil and Mex-Guatemala have troubles. Juan & Beto want to quit.

Commercial.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
I'm overreading this without much attention but I'm still waiting for it to air here... also since I don't call them by their nationalities I still can't figure out who's who in Alenaveda's commentary  :funny:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Back on the race...

Juan & Beto quit the row task, so Brazil. Braian & Karina finish the course and are in seventh.

Michelle's doing the RB, so Debora, Braian and Beto.

Eze & Tobias finish the RB in third. Esther in fourth.

Argentina friends give the flag and are in second!

Michelle finish in fifth the RB.

Colombia couple officially team number three. Uruguay are fourth.

Braian is having problems with the RB and starts to piss and cry.

Jessica & Michelle in fifth.

Brazilian cousins complete RB in sixth. 

Astrid & Aleja quit the RB.

Penalization for Debora & Renata. 2 hours for not doing the row plus 30 minutes for doing wrong the flag task.

Colombian sisters 1 hour for quitting the RB.

Argentina and Mex-Guatemala work togheter to complete the RB, and get the clue.

Juan & Beto: 2 hours penalty.

Braian & Karina are team number six.

Colombian sisters complete the penalization in seven.

Juan & Beto and Debora & Renata are eliminated.

All teams hugh them, and both teams feel sad.

As always, no next episode preview.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »
Predictable.

What i hate about this season is all this quitting.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »
Predictable.

What i hate about this season is all this quitting.

you and me both, beside all the quitting which left me with a really bad taste in my mouth all I can think of this episode is... meh  :groan:

I don't understand why would you ever quit a challenge in the amazing race, knowing there is going to be a double elimination, and you are gonna have to take the penalty... I don't get it!

Boring and already done before army training...   :groan:

If it counts I have row a kayak before and is hard but is not gonna take you 2 hours to do it...  :groan:

I wish we would have been told what the actual ingredients were in that roadblock, or I don't know make it creative a make the racers fill a giant board with them, anything, something else than just telling the ingredients to the chef... for all I know that was a rigged challenge and there is no way for the audience to know anything else...  :umn:

A penalty for leaving your backpacks in the wrong location? WTF?!  :gaah:

1 hr penalty for not completing the roadblock but 2 hours penalty for not completing the rowing challenge... that sound weird and arbitrary...

Juanjo&Beto and all their whinning are finally gone  :yess:

Sad to see Debora&Renata go but it was a really dumb move to quit the rowing task....  :groan:

We have our F6 everybody, one more and this should finally get interesting...  (Don't know why but F5 is when start to get memorable for me)

Edit: I even forgot about the flag challenge, which was a shopping challenge because they just bought the materials and gave them to the professional to put them all together... :groan:

Forgot to say this too... SMART move from Aleja&Astrid, Express Pass to bypass the rowing task to avoid a double elimination was the right thing to do and I clap for them  :hoot: Someone had to be the smart one in this leg

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:23:58 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
Even worse. Why waste your EP this way? I mean, you use it to skip a task and then you decide to quit the one that immediately follows it knowing you'll take a penalization for that. Where was the benefit then?  :groan: .

(In J.J. wise words: does anybody plays this game strategically?)

And about the penalties, totally agree. It looks not only as a cheaper version regarding of the prizes; but we also have to see how the fines doesn't have a match with the importance of the tasks quitted.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
As far as I undertood, Aleja&Astrid did not quit the Roadblock but they failed to do it because they only had 6 tries for every plate or spoon rather... so it wasn't a choice... they failed to do it... which sounds stupid to have a limited tries and then just 1 hr penalty for that... wasn't faster to just quit it then...

what do you mean with fines Ale? I'm not familiar with the word...

BTW I totally messed up and we still have 7 teams... and to be fair at least everyone else seem to be going strong... except for Ezequiel&Tobias...

Curaçao is next right? This should get interesting... location wise at least...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
I'm ashamed of Juan & Beto, though I think they realized this competition was way more than they could chew. They really lacked the heart other Mexican teams had, however after Mexidomination in Season 2 the producers wanted to try something different in casting. They were doomed for an early exit since TARLA tends to be extremely physical...they should have at least cast fit fatties :lol:

I'm currently rooting for Costa Rica since they've been improving and their dynamic has been positive so far.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I think I heard the girls saying they quit, but in the middle of the madness of the live updating could be you're right. Let's wait until the episode is uploaded to check it.

And regarding Curaçao, I spec that the sightings there were TARLA due to the amount of people and the fact that they later went to Dominican Republic, but nothing is yet confirmed. Again, we'll have to wait until the preview be uploaded to confirm it.

And fine is "multa", I used it just not to keep saying penalty or penalization again, and again, and again...  :)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »
Oh... Fine :groan: Seems like I really need to practice my english...   :groan:

Pretty sure that was happened to Astrid&Aleja and I actually thought that happened to Braian&Karina too, but I could be wrong on this one because there was no penalty for that...

BTW Forgot to say there wasn't a preview here either as expected FYI

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Braian & Karina and Juan & Beto worked togheter to finish the Roadblock, they were exchanging info of the ingredients (they were sitting in tables one next to the other).

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
Yeah You are right... I just thought I heard Braian said something about it, I probably missheard him because he was hard to understand while crying.. feel bad for the guy anyway... I kinda like that team for some reason...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
As a side note, fine is not the same thing as a "multa" in this context, since fine implies money being paid
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »
I think I heard the girls saying they quit, but in the middle of the madness of the live updating could be you're right. Let's wait until the episode is uploaded to check it.
They didn't quit, they ran out of samples so they were deemed unable to complete the task.
The story so far:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »
Next week is in Willemstad, Curaçao. Tasks at Queen Juliana Bridge and CBA Television.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:28:24 AM by maxen »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Preview Episode 6!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QX2cqedxLQQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QX2cqedxLQQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
Caps from the episode 6 preview!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:11:37 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:12:11 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:12:35 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
50, 51 and 52 are in Wilhelmina Park.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
16, 18, 55 and 56 could be in Piscadera Bay.

There's a place called Royal Marine Services in one of the shores, and the decks look similar to the one on the pics. Also, in their FB photo album there are a couple of photos with a very similar mountain to the one they're driving to in the cap 28 at the background.