Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167329 times)

Offline Latamazingfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
At least they´re giving prizes again. On season 3, beginning the following leg first was the only gratification to win the leg  :funny

Now, is it possible a taxi surpass 3 other taxis without exceeding the speed limit?

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »
So I don't know what's wrong with Space but, Teams were opening the poitstop location clue right now and in commercial I got a preview of the now airing Leg 2... this is so weird...

Well, if you check the end of leg 2 promo I posted, it says 11pm as the airing time in Argentina, but it was at 9pm as last monday. :duno:

Now, is it possible a taxi surpass 3 other taxis without exceeding the speed limit?

No (unless it's a slow driver  :) ). And if you're talking about the speed rule, IIRC it only applies on self-driving not on taxis.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »
LEG 3 PREVIEW UP!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WC83mWUfEIo?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WC83mWUfEIo?hl=es_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »
FROM CANALSPACE.TV:
http://series.canalspace.tv/la/the-amazing-race/sombras-ep-2.php

Desde las sombras

Uno de los productores de “The Amazing Race” nos cuenta en primera personas las impresiones de la carrera más extrema del continente.

Episodio 2 - Barranquilla + Santa Marta, Colombia
Hashtag del día: #vinotintoysefue

Segundo capítulo en Latinoamérica y el Sol colombiano siguen sin dar tregua. Las diez parejas comenzaron su recorrido en la ciudad de Medellín, donde debían visitar el Museo del Caribe para su primer desafío. Luego, algo poco usual en The Amazing Race.

En el complejo deportivo "El pibe Valderrama" (¡¡¡qué jugador!!!) los equipos debían aliarse para vencer en un partido de fútbol a jugadores profesionales. Entre todos formaron cinco que fueron venciendo la prueba con bastante esfuerzo. Si hubiese asistido el gran Valderrama se habría arrancado más de uno de sus dorados cabellos ante el balompié  desplegado en su cancha.

De allí, volando en automóvil a Santa Marta. Mención aparte para los conductores de la ciudad. ¡¡¡No se puede creer como conducen!!!

Santa Marta, muy bonita por cierto, nos esperaba con calor (obviamente) y una prueba que definió casi todo. El puerto de la ciudad presentó un desafío de habilidad e inteligencia. Tras mover bolsas con grúas, el participante designado de cada pareja debía apelar a su astucia para resolver la prueba. Y ahí fue donde el humilde director de colegio acertó: el uruguayo Darío supo ponerle la cuota de calma necesaria y logró resolver todo antes que nadie. Así, la dupla "celeste" se fue derechito al pitstop y logró un sorprendente primer puesto. Emotiva llegada de estos que no pudieron evitar acordarse de sus batallas perdidas en la búsqueda de ser padres. Y ahí están… con el sueño intacto.

Detrás los no menos sorprendentes mexicanos Juan José y Gilberto, quienes compensan su falta de estado físico con capacidad de resolución. Terceras las brasileras Débora y Renata, en franco ascenso. ¿Los demás? Casi todos varados en el puerto.

La prueba se transformó en una auténtica aduana y los equipos decidieron aliarse para resolverla y apostar todo a la velocidad para ver quién llegaba antes. Allí fue donde Filippo y Eddy no tuvieron en cuenta que en ese terreno seguramente perderían. Y así fue. Últimos en verle la cara a “La Toya”, quedaron eliminados. Irónicamente en la quinta de San Pedro, donde pasó a mejor vida Simón Bolívar.

Eddy se despidió como un verdadero fanático de The Amazing Race, con llanto casi dramático, mientras los demás se fundían en un abrazo con ellos, despidiéndolos muy emotivamente de la carrera.

Una pareja menos, un episodio más.

Seguimos recorriendo Latinoamérica y nos vamos a otro destino (ojalá haga un poco menos de  calor).

Gracias a todos una vez más por hacer esta carrera increíble.
Nos vemos la próxima.

From the shadows

One of the producers of "The Amazing Race" told in first person impressions of the most extreme race on the continent.

Episode 2 - Barranquilla + Santa Marta, Colombia
Today's hashtag: #vinotintoysefue

Second chapter in Latin America and the Colombian sun still do not give truce. The ten couples began its journey in the city of Barranquilla, where they had to visit the Museum of the Caribbean for their first challenge. Then something unusual in The Amazing Race.

At the sports complex "El pibe Valderrama" (what a player!), teams had to ally to win a football match against professional players. Among all of them formed five who were beating the test with enough effort. If you the great Valderrama would  had attended he have ripped more than one of her golden hair faced with the football deployed in his field.

From there, quickly by car to Santa Marta. Special mention for city drivers. Can not believe as they drive!

Santa Marta, very nice by the way, awaited us with heat (obviously) and a test that defined almost everything. The port of the city presented a challenge of skill and intelligence. After moving bags with cranes, the participant designated in each pair had to call upon his cunning to solve the test. And that's where the headmaster humble guessed right: the Uruguayan Dario knew put the required fee of calm and managed to solve everything before anyone else. Thus, the "light blue" pair went straight to the pitstop and got a surprising first place. Emotive arrival of these who could not help remembering their lost battles in the search of parenting. And there are ... with their dream intact.

Behind the equally amazing Mexicans Juan José and Gilberto, who compensate their lack of fitness with resolution capability. Third the Brazilian Deborah and Renata, on the rise. The others? Almost all stranded in the harbor.

The test turned into a real customs office and the teams decided to ally to solve it, betting everything at the speed to see who came before. That's where Filippo and Eddy did not take into account that in this area they would surely lose. And it was. Latest in see the face of "La Toya", were eliminated. Ironically, in the villa of San Pedro, where passed away Simon Bolivar.

Eddy said goodbye as a true fan of The Amazing Race, with and almost dramatic crying, while the others melted into a hug with them, in a very touchingly dismissing of the race.

One less team, one more episode.

We continue traveling Latin America and go to another destination (hopefully do a little less heat).

Thank you all once again for making this race amazing.

See you next.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
And here we go!

Previously on The Amazing Race Latin America...

10 teams achieved to stay in the race. Esther & Darío the surprise of the leg, won it. Eddy & Filippo were eliminated.

9 teams remain.

Intro.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »
Travel to Bogotá, capital city of Colombia. All teams in the same flight.

Travel on taxi to Jaime Duque park.

Uruguayans suffering Bogotá height.

Teams leaving airport in the same order of arriving to PS.

Dario & Esther, of course, first. They can't find the cluebox.

Brazil, Venezuela, Mex-Guatemala arrived. Jessica & Michelle first at the cluebox.

Roadblock: Who's the boldest?

Travel by foot to the frigatte on the Caribbean Sea. Must use a table to decypher a message in latin on flags on the ship.

Michelle, Dario, Beto, Debora doing it.

Rest of the pack leaving the airport.

Alliance between the first four teams at the RB.

Darío get the clue, so Debora. Phrase: Fortune favors the bold.

Clue: find 4 persons in the park and take picture with a Samsung Galaxy.

Dario & Esther find the second person. So Renata & Debora.

Uruguay has the second picture.

Beto & Michelle struggling with the phrase, but finally get the clue.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2013, 07:15:05 PM »
Brazil has the third photo.

The back pack still in travel. Braian & Karina have taxi trouble.

Both Colombian teams at the Roadblock.

Uruguay still need 2 pics.  Venzuela got their first, so Mex-Guatemala.

Manfred & Pierre and Eze & Tobias at the park.

Karina is crying in the taxi.

Comercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Back to the race.

Karina crying. Their lost one hour.

Dario & Esther get another pic. Venezuela have their second, as Beto & Juan.

Karina & Braian finally at the park!

Jessica & Michelle have the third pic.

Beto & Juan too.

Brazil get the third pic!

Braian & Joge working togheter.

Brazil & Uruguay working togheter and find the last person. Struggling to get the last pic, but they get it. Showing them to the judge and get the clue.

Clue: travel to Plaza del Minero (Miner's Plaza) and search for the next clue.

Venezuela get the pics, and the clue.

Jorge & Braian find the phrase and receive the next clue.

The rest of the back pack Alliance is frustrated with this happening.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
And we're back.

Argentina has the first pic, Colombian dating too.

Colombian sisters get the clue, and share it with Manfred & Pierre and Eze & Tobias.

Beto & Juan find the last person. Go to the judge and get the clue.

All teams getting the pics.

Race to the plaza, Brazil and Uruguay.

Cousins first. Roadblock: scale a Wall and retrieve an Amazing Race flag.

Renata and Esther to perform it.

At the park, teams still looking and taking pics.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Renata get the flag in first!

Clue: search for the pieces of a puzzle at the Zipaquirá Cathedral. Then go outside and form the image of the next Pit Stop.

Brazil first at the Cathedral, and start to solve the puzzle.

Colombian sisters get the pics and the clue!

Colombian and Argentina dating couples get the clue at the same time.

Jessica fell from the Wall, so Esther.

Dario & Esther argue about taking the penalty.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
Ad latere:  there's no Budget for Detours? Three legs and still no notice of them.?  :gaah:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
And back again!

Esther quits the RB.

Juan starts scalating. Jessica fall again but she'll keep trying.

Both teams friends get the last pics, and the clue.

Clue: Pit Stop, plaza at the center of Zipaquirá (sorry I can hear it clearly).

Venezuela quits too.

Brazil first! Prize: wireless speakers.  :o

Juan & Beto quit.

Uruguay at the mat. Two hours penalization.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
Dating couples at the second RB.

Venezuela 2 hours penalty.

Evelyn, Karina, Tobias, Pierre, Astrid doing the RB.

Mexico penalized. The mat is becoming crowded :lol:

Karina get the flag! They go to the Cathedral.

Pierre retrieve the flag!

Evelyn & Jorge use the Express Pass to skip the RB!

Argentina friends quit the RB. Only remain Colombian sisters climbing.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »
And we're racing again!

Race to the Pit Stop! Karina & Braian team number 2. Manfred & Pierre number 3!

Evelyn & Jorge on fourth place!

BTW, Pit Stop is in front of the Zipaquirá Cathedral.

Sisters get the flag! They're crying of happyness.

Ezequiel & Tobias at the mat, another penalized team.

Sisters solving the puzzle.

Esther & Darío complete the penalty and check in fifth.

Astrid & Aleja are team number six. They thought they were eliminated and start to cry at the PS.

Jessica & Michelle on seven.

Beto & Juan team number nine.

Argentina friends in last. However is a NEL
:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Speed Bump in the next leg.

And, of course, no next leg preview.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
Reading again in detail the live update post, I discovered that the fact that I mentioned a Cathedral as the place where the teams had to find the puzzle and the Pit Stop, and somebody can be confused.

To clearify things, the place where teams had to pick the pieces of the puzzle is the Main Nave of the Salt Cathedral, in the outskirts of Zipaquirá.

The Pit Stop is in the Cathedral of Zipaquirá, in the center of the city.

And here's a map of both places.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
OMG the Salt cathedral looks really beautiful.

Ok. I never though I would say this but, I think I'm liking the graphics of the locations, team names and tasks from TARLA more than the ones from S23. Looks more elegant, when they write the challenges though they look really bad, I can't read them.

I didn't like the first roadblock, it really looked impossible because they were too far from the flags. I like it better when they did it in TAR16 when the flags revealed a long message to say to someone to get the next clue.

Second roadblock was ok, I like that a lot of women did it and finish it well. I'm really liking Debora&Renata hope they get to F3, Karina&Braian also did it really well and went up to the front of the pack, also props for Astrid&Alejandra for not giving up on the roadblock and finish it, that would've keep them alive. Also good use of EP from Evelyn&Jorge I think they have 2 legs to give away the 2nd one.

I'm so mad at this challenge though, so many teams taking the penalty, I hate when they do that. It really change the game though most of the front of the pack is now in the back. I don't see Juan&Beto or Ezequiel&Tobias ever getting in front though.

Anyone else getting this feeling of a filler team from Manfred&Pierre, they are rarely on screen, not an interesting team to me for what we can see. I thought they would be the physically dominating team but it doesn't seems to be one this season.

I'm so dissapointed by the last challenge, Solve a PUZZLE a 30 piecces PUZZLE are you kidding me?!  (:;) (:;) My 6 years old godson can do that.
I'm ok with a task related to an sponsor I know TARLA doesn't have much money but the phone challenge take waaay to long, it got boring really quickly.   :gaah:

Ad latere:  there's no Budget for Detours? Three legs and still no notice of them.?  :gaah:

You are right, The teams are gonna run out of roadblocks before we'll get to see a detour.

I'm so mad at the production team too, they are still making the racers use the same flight, I know the lack of money is an issue here, but, I don't think this is fair for the racers, I don't think they are respecting their time to rest at the mat, the last team is probably getting fewer time to sleep or eat because of it, I really don't like it, especially because we don't get to see them start the race, they just magically appear in the airport, we never get to see their departure time either. I feel like TARLA is lying to me and they are not respecting some of the rules of the race. :gaah:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:51:39 PM by Vitoko »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »

:funny:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »
This might be the first brazilian team to reach the finals and i get i very good vibe from them.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:37 PM »

:funny:

I was thinking, we could make a thread entitled "THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE AS A LEG PRIZE IN TARLA". :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2013, 06:46:30 AM »
PREVIEW EPISODE 4!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqdYO6bfJ-M?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WqdYO6bfJ-M?hl=es_</a>

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »
 :keeta: It's Iquitos. Perú-

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
I'm so mad at the production team too, they are still making the racers use the same flight, I know the lack of money is an issue here, but, I don't think this is fair for the racers, I don't think they are respecting their time to rest at the mat, the last team is probably getting fewer time to sleep or eat because of it, I really don't like it, especially because we don't get to see them start the race, they just magically appear in the airport, we never get to see their departure time either. I feel like TARLA is lying to me and they are not respecting some of the rules of the race. :gaah:

If they're still doing what they did in the first season, they sign-up for the flight and then they depart the airport based on the time differences, which in turn makes it extremely difficult for the trailing teams to catch up except for HoO. Unless there's an HoO soon, the Brazilian girls will end up with a huge lead.

Also, I understand TARLA is very generic, but why couldn't they do the climbing as part of a Detour? Seriously, 4 teams had to quit and one burned the Express Pass. I felt like this episode was so not amazing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:29:38 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: October 02, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
If they're still doing what they did in the first season, they sign-up for the flight and then they depart the airport based on the time differences, which in turn makes it extremely difficult for the trailing teams to catch up except for HoO. Unless there's an HoO soon, the Brazilian girls will end up with a huge lead.

They are.

teams were spotted at Las Americas International Airport, Dominican Republic

Germán Castellanos
‏@GermanCR08
The Amazing Race pasando por aqui #lasamericas #theamazingrace http://instagram.com/p/bMtwYSOcf6/

5:45 PM - 30 Jun 13

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #223 on: October 02, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
Wow I didn't see that picture before, Ezequiel&Tobias making it to Dominican Republic is so unexpected. especially if we are probably gonna get two legs on Peru, two legs per country is pretty much a tradition now for TARLA, F5 maybe?.

We really should post some sort of timeline or spoiler summary for TARLA5, especially now that we have faces and countries to relate to the sightings... Went back a few pages of the thread and saw a pic with Jessica&Michelle making it all the way to Panama and Pierre&Manfred to Lima. Maybe editing the first post? There's barely any spoilers though I don't know if it would be worth it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »
There are 6 teams signed up on the board
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move