The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.

<< < (63/117) > >>

maxen:
Tomorrow another episode of TAR: Quit edition.  blahblah

Vitoko:
I feel sad because...

I LOVE THE SHOW. I WANT IT TO BE AMAZING. I WANT IT TO BE AT THE SAME LEVEL AS ANY OF THE OTHER VERSIONS FROM CANADA OR USA.

But. Why not? Why is it so hard?

Is is the lack of a more competitive or physically able cast? Is it the production doing a bad job at managing the money? Is it a lack of creativity in the production? Is it because we don't have a better channel that airs in every country of latin-america? Is people not watching it? why is it? I really don't get it.

I think we have the locations to show the world how beautiful and interesting is latin-america and I think production is doing an OK job at it but it could be so much better.

Alenaveda:
Yes. And I know that this could sound as a joke at some point, but many of the TAR game host here (and put me out of the group in this case) have been able to do a better job designing legs for their games or the different seasons from TARDC on our continent. I always say - referring to the US version - that they should take a look on our game board. Well the same concept applies for TARLA.

Regarding the network issues... The first season here was aired on an air channel besides Discovery - in one of the four majors networks on Saturday's evenings - and ratings were not good, I must say they were terrible, bottom list. And producers were also responsibles for what happened because with the exception of the TAR fans base, nobody else had - and have - any idea of what is the show about (I also blame AXN for this for stopping the broadcast after TAR12 - at least here in Argentina -).

Air:
^regarding DC, I don't think any version is or should be exempt except for TARAus.

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: Alenaveda on October 20, 2013, 04:38:14 PM ---Regarding the network issues... The first season here was aired on an air channel besides Discovery

--- End quote ---

Same here, I can't tell you if it was succesful or not (I'm guessing it wasn't). But in this I blame first the audience of Chile, with every show now the only way to make it interesting for people to watch is to have some sort of celebrity on it. Every prime time show here it has a cast of B and C list of celebrities. And the rest of the day the peak of the hour is talkshows about this B and C list celebrities. The other thing that I blame is the lack of promotion, NOBODY care that Ferna&Fran made it to the last leg on season 1, the air channel NEVER talked about the show, it would just start out of nowhere. Nicolas&Cristobal won season 3 and all they got out of the press was a 1/4 of an article in a national newspaper. That's it.

I know a lot of people who saw The Amazing Race on AXN, me included and then they just stop airing it at some point and I personally lost track of it until Season 15 when youtube was starting to be a thing for me and somehow found it on it.

I wonder if the main problem of TARLA has to do in how teams are "representing" their country, and the amount of emphasis the editing show about how the argentinians, the colombians or whatever, instead of making it more about the history behind every racer, I don't what makes this cast race? I feel like I don't know them and maybe that is why I'm not interested in this cast at all. I don't care who wins. I want the people complaining to go home, but I'm not rooting for anyone in particular. Maybe Jessica&Michelle but only because they are a competent F/F team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version