Author Topic: "APSKIP" --TAR Detective remembered  (Read 27110 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "APSKIP" --TAR Detective remembered
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:06 AM »
R.I.P. apskip.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 02:05:46 AM »
Life is really a box of surprises; I am sad at this loss :'(

Apskip, with his amazing memory and walking-encyclopedia personality, contributed a lot here in Reality Fan Forum. He was even friendly and hospitable enough to be a judge in my Amazing Race Design Game and he really did give his time for my game. I will continue to thank him for doing that.

You will be missed, Apskip!

Oh my word, I totally forgot about that. :'( The only time I ever really interacted with him was when he critiqued my route design/full race course for TAR Design Challenge 2. I couldn't believe that such an iconic RFF'er was actually taking the time to PM me about my design, and not only that, but he had a lot of very nice things to say! I never knew he wrote those books until now; what a terrible way to find out.

Apskip, even though my beloved Boston Bruins are playing in the Stanley Cup Finals right now, I'm changing my forum profile pic in honor of you. Your immense contributions to RFF will long be remembered.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 07:17:29 AM »
RIP apskip. I'm sorry for all the wrong things I ever said to you and am glad we tried to rebuild it from scratch successfully thereafter. Your Geographical knowledge never fails to amaze me and I've learnt so much from you just by reading each and your every posts.

My deepest condolences to all the friends and family members and I'm sure he's with the heavenly father now.

Thank you for ever being generous with everything that you got and sharing them with us abundantly.

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
What?! :ascared I've always misunderstood him as 'rude' and disliked him because I thought 'he thinks he knows everything' and I feel very guilty now for ignoring his replies on my posts and being rude to him.
I just realized it now how he was such a very big help to this site and was actually a really good man. (If only I had realized this earlier)
Rest In Peace apskip, you will always be remembered here in RFF. :'(
Also deep condolences to his family and friends.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »
R.I.P.  :'(

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
I remember when I was a contestant of Cocoa's TAR Design Challenge 1 and he was one of the judges. He PMed me and he also gave me a lot of input about designing a leg. The most important thing was, he asked me to pay attention to every little tiny details of each leg I design. Since I had that conversation with him, I gained more confidence in designing a leg and manage to survive each legs until final round..and not long after that, I decided to make my very first TAR game. That's the first and last time I interact with him. He's a really nice guy :)

Rest In Peace, Apskip. You'll be missed o:)
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »
RIP apskip :(

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 05:16:06 PM »
Oh my gosh, rest in peace Apskip.

I also got correction PMs too, btw :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
RIP Apskip... :'(
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
R.I.P. apskip :(

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( RIP Apskip!

Although I didn't accurately show it, he was secretly always one of my favorite RFF's ever since I started lurking way back during the run up to Season 13...

I always enjoyed his posts, even when some were correcting some errors I had made, or informing me on different facts and trivia about many of the locations. Even when it was something I had already known, I always loved that he took the time to tell me.

Though I'm not, nor will I be, academically trained in geography, I have a deep passion for the subject and I hope to one day be just as knowledgeable about it as he was... what a great man to even model at least part of one's life after...

Apskip, you will be sorely missed by ALL OF US at RFF, even if some of us were a little feisty with you at times (myself included...)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 08:50:02 AM »
Oh my gosh, rest in peace Apskip.

I also got correction PMs too, btw :lol:

I got them as well. :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:43 AM »
We all did. AND he was usually right. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08:40 AM »

Rest in Peace Apskip..    :pray:

I adore you very much for your ultimate skills that you contribute during your stay in RFF..

Thanks for becoming one of the judges on TAR Design Challenge who always gave me a bunch of inputs and critics about locations, flights and stuff...

You will be missed my dear friend..

Regards,
ZouLy

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »
Rest in peace, Apskip.

You will be missed. Warm hugs go out to family and friends.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »
RIP Apskip!

My thoughts are with your family & friends.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
My first ever private messages on this forum from 2007 were back in TAR 11 when apskip visited Guam and I was trying to be helpful with info for that season but I just failed in so many levels.

RIP apskip! You were an essential part of this community and I'm very sad that you're gone. :(

And back to lurking. :)
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »
i didn't know this sad news until i read the transportation thread  :ascared

Rest in peace Apskip  :(

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
Very sad that this happened, but it's nice to know we have a part of his wonderful legacy he left behind.

I knew when I first read his book that he definitely wrote it due to his analytical interest and since he used his real name in a pm with me long ago. He definitely has some great stuff he shared with us and I'm glad I was able to know him.

He also had strong beliefs on having information shared in the open, which shows to me his selfless nature for sure.

anyway, thanks for sharing some great moments with us, Arthur, and rest in peace. :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
After being almost missing for a month, searching through the entire RFF, I have just spotted this thread. I really had no news about apskip, so I did mot know what was MC's profile reason. Sooooo sad to understand everything.

I remember when I began in RFF I could see him as a mature man with the same illusion we have about tracing the steps of TAR filmings. He spoke with knowledge of what he said, always referencing facts and making us see every single option, how other things happened in the past to see how can they come back in the future. He really was the biggest fan or TAR out there, and it is always a huge reason to miss someone like him. Even though I had not much direct contact with him, I would always appreciate his posts and looked up to him. Rest In Peace.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:08:49 AM by David »

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »
You will be missed apskip :'(

As a long time reader of the TAR threads I always loved reading his posts. He was always sure to provide the most accurate information presented in the most professional way.

RIP to the greatest of the Detectives, may future detecting be done in your memory

Offline baseballelmo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 09:36:18 AM »
I've lurked on this site for many, many, many years.  It took this post for me to actually register.  I always loved reading apskip's posts, as I knew that I could believe them as being the truth.  I will miss his contributions so much, and hope that his family is finding peace in their "new normal" life.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »
I've lurked on this site for many, many, many years.  It took this post for me to actually register.  I always loved reading apskip's posts, as I knew that I could believe them as being the truth.  I will miss his contributions so much, and hope that his family is finding peace in their "new normal" life.

Thank you for registering, I know that your post would mean a great deal to him. I am very sure that he would be proud to think he drew you out of lurkdom...and would hope you would stay and join us in the journey.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
Just seeing this now, and so sad to hear! I hope his family find comfort in knowing how well loved and respected he was.

I need to come over here from the Spoiler boards more often.  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »
As Phil did his MS ride near Morristown this week, I have been thinking so much of Apskip. He planned to be there to cheer the riders on, and hopefully greet Phil.
RFF's Golden Rule: