Author Topic: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 90913 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »
I can't believe they didn't air the zip line over the raging whitewaters! :groan: The tasks on Leg 2 were barely pumped and the ZL task would have made this episode a lot more fun and better.

Let's just all hope the final Leg's speculation of the Alaskan Panhandle zip line will be aired. *fingers crossed*
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
I've been keeping up with the season, just haven't been posting in a while.

Here are my overall impressions of the first fourth of the season, leg-by-leg and team-by-team.

Leg Impressions (up to Leg 3)

Leg 1 - I found this leg to be one of the worst first legs.. possibly ever. There was nothing interesting about it and we barely even got to know the teams. I think TAR should get 90-minute premieres because 60 minutes is just too little to fill in the team profiles, starting line, airport (if necessary), and the actual tasks. Because of that, this, along with the past few premieres, felt really rushed and boring. I felt so bad for the Father/Daughter team, especially after reading their elimination interview. The leg design was TERRIBLE with one of the teammates of each team actually not doing anything the entire leg (since the person NOT performing the first RB actually did the paragliding, and that person was forced to do the second RB = one person carrying the team). They had a really interesting dynamic as well.. so sad to see them leave too soon.

Leg 2 - I found this leg to be a MAJOR improvement from the previous leg. It wasn't quite good if you take a closer look at the leg design and events. The Detour was definitely pointless and was just a deciding factor for who will be on the first bus and so on. While the Detour choices were.. different.. but there was nothing too interesting about them. The shoe-shining RB saved the leg. I loved when night fell - I think the fact that it was nighttime and still crowded is what made the RB so chaotic for the last five teams or so. Rowan & Shane were a total trainwreck this episode! They did surprisingly well in the first leg, though.

Leg 3 - This leg brought back something that TAR lacks these days: airport drama. It wasn't just getting the right flight that was drama, it was also team-drama! Nicky & Kim were smart to get on standby earlier than everyone else.. makes me wonder why no one hadn't thought of that before them. I think the tasks were pretty cool this leg, especially the Magellan Detour choice. I'm really liking all of the teams so far. I just think the doctors need to calm down and stop getting stressed when they're consistently in the front. Honestly, TAR should apply a new rule where teams cannot work together unless it's an Intersection. This is probably why they don't do Intersections anymore, because teams are constantly working together whenever they feel like it - and it's just not fair imo. While this episode had lots of great drama and decent tasks, it WAS lacking something: suspense. Poor Chester & Ephraim.. just one little mistake (even if it wasn't theirs) can completely change the outcome of the Race.

Team Impressions (as of Leg 3)

Nicole & Travis - Like I said in my Leg 3 thoughts, I think they should tone down their competitiveness. They're getting too stressed over nothing. So far they're an okay team. I can't wait for Nicole's "power play" meltdown "I WANT THAT EXPRESS PASS."  :funny:

Jason & Amy - They are definitely improving and could start to dominate. Apparently they had some seven minute-lead ahead of Nicole & Travis. Sucks for them that they lost their lead because of the taxi driver.

Nicky & Kim - I think they're a really likeable/strategic team. I don't really have anything against them.

Tim & Danny - My pre-race impression of them was that they're going to be one of those slow and boring M/M teams who get booted early. Boy, I was wrong. I really like them and they're just running and enjoying the Race. I loved Danny's guilt for lying to Marie :lol:

Brandon & Adam - They haven't really made much of an impression for me. I think of them the same way as Tim & Danny: running and enjoying the Race.. but they haven't quite delivered yet.

Leo & Jamal - I like AND dislike them for some reason. I'm not a fan of their alliance with the Ice girls.. it's just rather pointless. I love when they mess with Tim & Marie though :lol:

Ally & Ashley - Not a fan of their alliance with the Afghanimals.. they're kind of better off without them. These girls as their own team actually haven't delivered much yet, either.

Tim & Marie - I was surprised that they were actually the last team of the second flight pack. I love me a team of Exes but I think Tim needs to fight back with Marie sometimes.. I guess it's better that he doesn't so their whole dynamic doesn't come across as "fake" as some view it. Like the Afghanimals, I like AND hate this team for some reason.

I actually kind of agree with Phil's pre-season hype this time around. The teams this season are pretty competitive and there are no teams remaining that stroll around slowly (i.e Rob & Kelley) and somehow make it. They're all competitive whether they're in an alliance or not, and that's what I like about this cast so far.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
you know what i am really loving about this season? It has had the best editing in a long time. After only TWO legs, no team has been ignored and we can get a feel for each of the teams! Also, we got moments for all teams in leg two! That is just awesome!

This I don't agree. This season still seems to be Marie against the world + moments of Afghanimals. I am still not seeing much from Jason and Amy, Tim and Danny, Brandon and Adam and the Ice Crew girls. That's half the teams in the final 8. :(

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2013, 11:26:56 PM »
My team analysis so far...

Afghanimals: The worst of BJ & Tyler combined with the street smarts of Erwin & Godwin. I’m sure they are smart, athletic and funny in real life, but their race so far has been a train-wreck. Alienating the other teams this early in the race will also make you enemies, something that you don’t need especially with the Express Pass still in play and also the U-turns.

Nicole & Travis: Sometimes asking nicely will get you things, and throwing tantrums will only make people see you as a 5-year-old.  Can't wait for Leg 4.

Tim & Marie: I see them as an Eric & Danielle type of team, with one racer dragged down by a teammate with poor racing abilities (in this case Marie dragged down by Tim) and poor team dynamics. I still stand by my pre-season assessment of this team.

Brandon & Adam and Tim & Danny: Both teams are so invisible, I fear they will be eliminated soon.

Chester & Ephraim: They had so much bad luck it wasn't funny.

Jason & Amy: Once they get their race going and have some luck, this team could be a threat.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:01:05 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2013, 06:49:06 AM »
We need a memory challenge this season. :res:

laimis

« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
Can't wait for upcoming episode because I will go to Gdansk next month with my class ! <33

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
WHat fun!! Take loads of TAR pics!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2013, 03:00:06 AM »
That moment you feel when not seeing every team's departure time from the pit stop.  :pull :tantrum

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2013, 01:04:53 PM »
can I just bitch about something really quick? it's been really bothering me since I just read this part of Team Bingo's interview and I just need to let it out :
Reality TV World: Could you elaborate on why you have no respect for the Afghanimals -- "Cousins" Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran? Did you talk to them much?

Rowan Joseph: We did, but they were not -- that's the only team that, for us anyway, swore at us and just...

Shane Partlow: Made promises.

Rowan Joseph: Yeah, made promises -- a Muslim oath -- and then they'd completely break it. They were not -- they're completely 180-degrees opposite of us and anyone else that we encountered on the Race.

We are not fans of theirs at all. They lied to us blatantly to our face and they lied by taking what we considered to be "a special oath." They cheated us on money, they told us to go f-ck ourselves, they just made it clear that they didn't care about anything or anyone.

And that went for, not just us, but for all the teams -- except for the two girls [Allison "Ally" Mello and Ashley Covert], but it was clear what their intentions were there too.

So they were just -- and it was unfortunate, because [Ephraim] is a Muslim as well, and he pulled him aside and said, "You might want to consider..." they don't show any of that obviously, but everything that we value means nothing to them. So therefore, they mean nothing to us.
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-rowan-joseph-and-shane-partlow-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-2%29-15385.php#GY56GL5odWh7tbJY.99

I mean, could a team possibly go on that level just to win a million dollars.... before tax?
That was HORRIBLE what they did. Completely!!!
sure this sort of thing won't get any air time whatsoever,
but seriously like WOAHHH!!! I am beyond surprised to say the least..

I haven't read much spoilers yet, but I knew from wiki that this season will visit United Arab Emirates for a Formula one racing task (which I am really looking forward to btw! #notimportant), and I can't help but notice some you here posted about how well the Indonesian TAR fans trailing the teams so I assumed they went back there again, surprise, surprise!
but anyway, those two countries are really huge muslim countries. so I wanna see how much these "animals" could endure being such hypocrites when they get there.

Indonesia, ELIMINATE THEM! It's always elimination leg there, right?  :funny:
just..such..awful..awful..human beings!!!!

Thanks! Glad I got that one out.  :whew

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2013, 05:23:56 AM »
I'm glad TAR didn't show that. That would have generated even more hate against the muslim community. I just want to say Ephraim is muslim too and the issue here is with two individuals and please... don't bring religion into this debate okay? :) <3

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2013, 05:41:57 AM »
I'm glad TAR didn't show that. That would have generated even more hate against the muslim community. I just want to say Ephraim is muslim too and the issue here is with two individuals and please... don't bring religion into this debate okay? :) <3

:like:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2013, 07:17:29 AM »

of course TAR didn't show that. I'd be mortified. That was insane what they did.
and absolutely zero offense towards the muslim community (sorry if any was taken). I am a muslim myself.
the issue is solely focused on Leo and Jamal and Leo and Jamal only.
so please don't take anything the wrong way!
and thanks! I just want to let everyone notice how disgraceful of human beings they are  :)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2013, 12:42:45 AM »
I'm sad that Brandon and Adam were eliminated. They are such fun people to watch. Saddest moment of the season so far for me.  :(
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
Never mind!

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
I'm sad that Brandon and Adam were eliminated. They are such fun people to watch. Saddest moment of the season so far for me.  :(
me too :pity
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »
Why on earth do they ruin any kind of suspense & leave 4 people left in episode 10 you no it is most likely going to be a NEL. So when they do it like this i always find episode 10 boring i dont want to NO before the episode has even started its a NEL  (:;) (:;)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2013, 03:30:39 AM »
Why on earth do they ruin any kind of suspense & leave 4 people left in episode 10 you no it is most likely going to be a NEL. So when they do it like this i always find episode 10 boring i dont want to NO before the episode has even started its a NEL  (:;) (:;)

I also hated leg10 F4 episodes, but they "need" the suspense on the previous leg. [I can't explain it well.]

What TAR could've done is: All NELs on or before the F6. The problem here (for them) is $$$. That's why earlier legs are often elimination legs.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »
Damn it CBS! Who does the editing for the final episodes of the Amazing Race  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Damn it CBS! Who does the editing for the final episodes of the Amazing Race  :funny:

Probably the same guy that does the Survivor previews

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »

The same guy who did last season preview  :groan:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2013, 12:14:12 AM »

Probably the same guy that does the Survivor previews

:funny: True.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37:02 AM »
Heee, pretty bad when even the SPOILER boars don't like it. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
The Afghanimals have had a good edit? What show have you been watching?!!!   :umn:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2013, 08:58:42 PM »
They might as well give away the winner now.

Offline arubanna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »
Heee, pretty bad when even the SPOILER boars don't like it. :lol3:

funny when it's spoiled by us then we all are excited but when it's spoiled by CBS it sucks :cmaslol
TAR 23: The Doctors, The Wives, The Couple, The Exes <3