Author Topic: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 90714 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
The new graphics are vomit-worthy.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
Bitch Moan Squeal...???

wow this season are gonna need this one LOL!!!!

anyway, hate the mix music, hate the graphics, should've stuck with the previous one, it's way much better ...  :groan:

and a lot of footage from previous seasons destinations in the intro...  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
so disappointing!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »

and a lot of footage from previous seasons destinations in the intro...  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
so disappointing!!!

That's always there to throw us spoilers off..you can see how well THAT worked :funny: over HERE
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
In the first few seasons it was possible to figure out from the opening credits what countries were being included that season; and in season 1 they all but told us the final three or four by their use of shots on teams in those locations. They wised up and nowadays we may see some of the new places being visited, but the editors will maintain a wide mix of the places they've been to, especially now that there are several seasons in the can recorded in HD.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
After reading Hoskote & Naina's interview, I want to bitch about the first leg. After watching it, the tricky question in the first Roadblock practically left half of the racers doing nothing on the first leg, which was Naina's case. I think it was by far the lamest Roadblock since the only thing they had to do was ride a cab. At least in other similar tasks they had to navigate and drive themselves.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »
This is the most garbage amazing race season premiere I've ever seen. Just based on the starting line alone, I can already tell this whole season will be manufactured tasks and tons of fake actor-esque teams. I know I won't be following this season, just like the past 4 seasons.

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2013, 05:38:57 PM »
I mean I'm all for the change. They lost the reality series Emmy to The Voice....yes, The Voice. I think they are trying to spice up the show. I understand TAR fans hate the "scripted" teams but that's how you gain more viewers. If there is a team that has a buzz in the TV world such as (potentially) Tim and Marie or the Afghanimals, more people will want to watch. They are onviously trying to liven up the show so I can not blame them. I wasn't thrilled by the premiere but I thought it was okay and I think the season has some potential.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
I mean I'm all for the change. They lost the reality series Emmy to The Voice....yes, The Voice. I think they are trying to spice up the show. I understand TAR fans hate the "scripted" teams but that's how you gain more viewers. If there is a team that has a buzz in the TV world such as (potentially) Tim and Marie or the Afghanimals, more people will want to watch. They are onviously trying to liven up the show so I can not blame them. I wasn't thrilled by the premiere but I thought it was okay and I think the season has some potential.
No, they don't. The seasons with no actors or obscure actors/entertainment gurus did better than the show is now, and the show wasn't constant action and brainlessness like it is now. Every single team playing seems impulsive and they are recruited for "dynamic" TV, when, in all reality, it's not dynamic or entertaining to watch at all. (Unless you like constant action and impulsive overreactions) It's basically the same as the movie The Avengers with its ridiculous constant action. It makes it so that the viewer doesn't have to think at all and just watches it purely for entertainment instead of learning. The first 14 or so seasons were actually educational and had downtime where you could actually get to know the teams. THOSE aspects were enjoyable for me. There's a reason so many early fans of the show have ditched it by now. There is absolutely no cultural value in it and in the old seasons I even felt as if I was on the same journey as the teams. WRP should realize that, but unfortunately they only care about money.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:03:06 PM by Snooky »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »
The premier of TARC was definitely better than this one. Even the premiere of TARLA seemed less generic task-wise, and that is saying a lot.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »
This is the most garbage amazing race season premiere I've ever seen. Just based on the starting line alone, I can already tell this whole season will be manufactured tasks and tons of fake actor-esque teams. I know I won't be following this season, just like the past 4 seasons.

I completely agree 100% though you missed out with TAR22.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »

I completely agree 100% though you missed out with TAR22.
And this alone explains TAR's lowest 8 point something ratings in viewership. The producers better start realizing they need to either FIRE & REHIRE PREVIOUS CREW MEMBERS or RETRAIN EVERY CREW MEMBER (no if, ands, buts, or whys about it :nono2:) how to properly edit and deliver a quality cast and route. The athlete teams need to stop. The "pretty girl" faces need to halt because they need to realize either they have a memorable personality or belong on VH1. From what I heard about other CBS shows, this is beyond the worst year of broadcasting in CBS history.

Period!. :furious:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »
Some of the edited out bits that show on CBS as extras are better than what they leave in.
TAR needs money to continue, but they need ratings for that.
Love TAR all the way, good and bad.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
CBS REALLY needs to quit giving away spoilers in the episode titles.   :groan:

:funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »
CBS REALLY needs to quit giving away spoilers in the episode titles.   :groan:

:funny: :funny: :funny:

)-**

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
I was skimming through the interview of Hoskote & Naina, and they mentioned that they had a layover in Dallas, which seemed to play a factor why the 2nd set of teams were a lot farther behind than the 1st set. I wonder why it was not shown at all, instead showing as if it was a straight shot from LA to Santiago.

I am also not a fan of the new intro, but I guess I will have to get used to it.

Also, the casting has definitely gone the way of the Asian edition. And who knows, if Phil Simms will get his wish. He did say in one broadcast, that he would like to try out for the race.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
I was skimming through the interview of Hoskote & Naina, and they mentioned that they had a layover in Dallas, which seemed to play a factor why the 2nd set of teams were a lot farther behind than the 1st set. I wonder why it was not shown at all, instead showing as if it was a straight shot from LA to Santiago.

I believe they said something about a delay in Santiago though, I remember Jason&Amy talking about it in Santiago's Airport.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »

I believe they said something about a delay in Santiago though, I remember Jason&Amy talking about it in Santiago's Airport.

FROM TVGUIDE.COM:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Hoskote-Naina-1071472.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

Amazing Race's Hoskote and Naina: We Deliberately Did the Roadblock Incorrectly

Sep 30, 2013 02:57 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

What do you mean?
Hoskote:
You had to take one of the two flights the show booked. Between the first and second flights, there was going to be a 30-minute gap between when they landed in Santiago, Chile. Then there was a one-hour window from Santiago to Iquique. Once we arrived there, we could've all gotten on the same flight to Iquique. They didn't show this on TV, but unfortunately, there was a hurricane in Dallas and our flight went through Dallas, so we knew we were going to be three hours late into Santiago. ... If we were allowed to use our own navigation skills and our chutzpah to get to Chile any way we want, maybe we wouldn't have been three hours late. But the rules didn't allow that. We ended up being three and a half hours late, so seven teams were completing the leg before our flight had even arrived in Chile.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
There wouldn't have been a hurricane in Dallas at the time of filming; but severe thunderstorms or a tornado is quite possible.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
Well after a not so memorable premiere, I personally thought episode 2 was pretty good.  I know...there was a lot of drama but I was entertained!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
I'm just watching the beginning of the second episode and...

IQUIQUE IS NOT KNOWN AS THE CITY OF ETERNAL SUNSHINE, IQUIQUE IS KNOWN AS THE LAND OF CHAMPIONS, YES OUR CITIES HAVE A NICKNAME BUT THAT IS NOT US, ARICA IS THE CITY OF ETERNAL SPRING FOR EXAMPLE, ANTOFAGASTA IS THE PEARL OF THE NORTH, AND SO ON... BUT WE ARE NOT THE CITY OF ETERNAL SUNSHINE, WE ARE THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

Also those neoclasical buildings that were shown while Phil was talking about Iquique, those were buildings in Santiago except for Teatro Municipal de Iquique  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

I expected so much more   :gaah:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:12:54 PM by Vitoko »

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
I'm just watching the beginning of the second episode and...

IQUIQUE IS NOT KNOWN AS THE CITY OF ETERNAL SUNSHINE, IQUIQUE IS KNOWN AS THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS, YES OUR CITIES HAVE A NICKNAME BUT THAT IS NOT US, ARICA IS THE CITY OF ETERNAL SPRING FOR EXAMPLE, ANTOFAGASTA IS THE PEARL OF THE NORTH, AND SO ON... BUT WE ARE NOT THE CITY OF ETERNAL SUNSHINE, WE ARE THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

Also those neoclasical buildings that were shown while Phil was talking about Iquique, those were buildings in Santiago except for Teatro Municipal de Iquique  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

I expected so much more   :gaah:

They showed the cathedral of Santiago at the beginning of the leg as it was part of Iquique. THE EXACT SAME CATHEDRAL where the teams found their clue arriving in Santiago, as if the viewers were stupid enough.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
Sorry to say, but Iquique did not look interesting at all. Maybe the race chose the wrong places, but after seeing the 1st leg, I definitely don't have a desire to visit.

Santiago, on the other hand, looked a lot more interesting.

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2013, 11:50:20 PM »
In fact, Iquique IS NOT interesting at all (at least for me). There's a unesco world heritage site/ghost town near the city in the desert. I still have no idea why they didn't visit it.

Santiago, on the other hand...  :hrt:
However, This is the 4th time the race visits Santiago (yes, very overvisited), but it has never hosted a whole leg, it has been either a half leg or a lenghty bus connection (the bus fiasco of TAR16) Just some trivia :)

Loved the showcase of Santiago in TAR Norway!

And now that I think about it, chilean buses always deliver good TAR moments!

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »
I only really remember the race actually having a leg (or parts of a leg) in Santiago during TAR7. And sucks that half of the 2nd leg of TAR23 was wasted on Iquique. I mean, 1 leg was bad enough there, but having another, is just mind-boggling, to say the least.

Though, looking at it at another way, it was not a complete waste, with certain teams choosing the Brining Detour.  :)

At least no team was dumb enough to get the wrong currency.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »
you know what i am really loving about this season? It has had the best editing in a long time. After only TWO legs, no team has been ignored and we can get a feel for each of the teams! Also, we got moments for all teams in leg two! That is just awesome!