Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**

<< < (47/56) > >>

Snooky:
This is the most garbage amazing race season premiere I've ever seen. Just based on the starting line alone, I can already tell this whole season will be manufactured tasks and tons of fake actor-esque teams. I know I won't be following this season, just like the past 4 seasons.

ranger1010:
I mean I'm all for the change. They lost the reality series Emmy to The Voice....yes, The Voice. I think they are trying to spice up the show. I understand TAR fans hate the "scripted" teams but that's how you gain more viewers. If there is a team that has a buzz in the TV world such as (potentially) Tim and Marie or the Afghanimals, more people will want to watch. They are onviously trying to liven up the show so I can not blame them. I wasn't thrilled by the premiere but I thought it was okay and I think the season has some potential.

Snooky:

--- Quote from: ranger1010 on October 02, 2013, 05:38:57 PM ---I mean I'm all for the change. They lost the reality series Emmy to The Voice....yes, The Voice. I think they are trying to spice up the show. I understand TAR fans hate the "scripted" teams but that's how you gain more viewers. If there is a team that has a buzz in the TV world such as (potentially) Tim and Marie or the Afghanimals, more people will want to watch. They are onviously trying to liven up the show so I can not blame them. I wasn't thrilled by the premiere but I thought it was okay and I think the season has some potential.

--- End quote ---
No, they don't. The seasons with no actors or obscure actors/entertainment gurus did better than the show is now, and the show wasn't constant action and brainlessness like it is now. Every single team playing seems impulsive and they are recruited for "dynamic" TV, when, in all reality, it's not dynamic or entertaining to watch at all. (Unless you like constant action and impulsive overreactions) It's basically the same as the movie The Avengers with its ridiculous constant action. It makes it so that the viewer doesn't have to think at all and just watches it purely for entertainment instead of learning. The first 14 or so seasons were actually educational and had downtime where you could actually get to know the teams. THOSE aspects were enjoyable for me. There's a reason so many early fans of the show have ditched it by now. There is absolutely no cultural value in it and in the old seasons I even felt as if I was on the same journey as the teams. WRP should realize that, but unfortunately they only care about money.

Dånooky:
The premier of TARC was definitely better than this one. Even the premiere of TARLA seemed less generic task-wise, and that is saying a lot.

Air:

--- Quote from: Snooky on October 02, 2013, 05:21:48 PM ---This is the most garbage amazing race season premiere I've ever seen. Just based on the starting line alone, I can already tell this whole season will be manufactured tasks and tons of fake actor-esque teams. I know I won't be following this season, just like the past 4 seasons.

--- End quote ---

I completely agree 100% though you missed out with TAR22.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version