Author Topic: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 90722 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »
Having double Indonesia again is disappointing.
But have you ever seen the "same" part of Indonesia every time they went here? ;) ;) ;)

You are right, but its the same country and for the third season out of five they are having two legs in Indonesia. They risk overdoing it.

Maybe that's because the production is cutting the budget (am I right), and travelling in Indonesia for foreigners (especially within Java) is pretty cheap, y'know. ;) But I agree that they should take a rest in visiting Indonesia for a couple of seasons, but then go to other places in Indonesia like Sumatra, Sulawesi, Kalimantan, or even Papua! :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »
I'd be disappointed if the final leg was in San fransisco. I feel like that area has been the location for the finale numerous times over the years. Wouldn't mind Seattle but at the same time I wouldn't be trilled.
I wouldn't be disappointed for SanFran again. TAR2 featured some decent sites and Sausalito which was okay. TAR11's feature was mostly in the city core of SF. TAR16's finale made me want to barsh (barf & blush), not only to the win, but the Star Wars, Coit Tower rappelling, and psychedelic posters theatre crap was embarrassing for S.F. A childhood friend I have living in West San Francisco watched the finale and told me how disgusted she was of seeing "her" city being featured poorly. I mean, SF has SO MANY amazing sites like the Embarcadero St. (Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Ferry Building Marketplace), Alcatraz, Chinatown (origin of fortune cookies), the infamous trolleycars, so much history. It's a deep shame they couldn't feature any of it. :( I would feel sorry since I used to live in San Francisco for 10 years as a newborn to kid before moving to Chicago.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
But have you ever seen the "same" part of Indonesia every time they went here? ;) ;) ;)

You are right, but its the same country and for the third season out of five they are having two legs in Indonesia. They risk overdoing it.

Maybe that's because the production is cutting the budget (am I right), and travelling in Indonesia for foreigners (especially within Java) is pretty cheap, y'know. ;) But I agree that they should take a rest in visiting Indonesia for a couple of seasons, but then go to other places in Indonesia like Sumatra, Sulawesi, Kalimantan, or even Papua! :)

I don't mind any country being visited but please spread it out lol

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »

Agree! :lol:

Gosh! I just realized that Indonesia is the only country that's visited for three seasons in a row other than USA! :ascared :funny:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »

Gosh! I just realized that Indonesia is the only country that's visited for three seasons in a row other than USA! :ascared :funny:

And India 12-13-14

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »

And India 12-13-14

And China 16-17-18 (Hong Kong included)

That's it, Indonesia has become the next Chindia. Maybe we should say Chindonesia now? :lol:

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2013, 10:19:12 PM »
^ lol chindonesia makes sense
Creating Routes ~

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
I'd be disappointed if the final leg was in San fransisco. I feel like that area has been the location for the finale numerous times over the years. Wouldn't mind Seattle but at the same time I wouldn't be trilled.
I wouldn't be disappointed for SanFran again. TAR2 featured some decent sites and Sausalito which was okay. TAR11's feature was mostly in the city core of SF. TAR16's finale made me want to barsh (barf & blush), not only to the win, but the Star Wars, Coit Tower rappelling, and psychedelic posters theatre crap was embarrassing for S.F. A childhood friend I have living in West San Francisco watched the finale and told me how disgusted she was of seeing "her" city being featured poorly. I mean, SF has SO MANY amazing sites like the Embarcadero St. (Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Ferry Building Marketplace), Alcatraz, Chinatown (origin of fortune cookies), the infamous trolleycars, so much history. It's a deep shame they couldn't feature any of it. :( I would feel sorry since I used to live in San Francisco for 10 years as a newborn to kid before moving to Chicago.

Not too mention there are plenty of great places just North, South, and East of San Fran that could host tasks and/or the finish line (Napa Valley, Oakland Hills, Silicon Valley, etc)

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »
Seattle please. I'm still waiting for the Dakota finish that will probably never happen.  :smoke
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2013, 11:30:26 PM »
They've just about exhausted all of the major cities on or near both coasts since TAR 13; and the finish lines from other seasons have included Las Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, Chicago.
St. Louis, Houston, New Orleans, Detroit, Cleveland, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Nashville, (and Philadelphia near the east coast) are all areas that have not hosted either a start or finish line and are overdue.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
If they're in Phoenix I'll try and spy on them, but if I don't I'll blame the 119 degree heat D:<

What if this season is in the west, but somewhere they've never gone- Salt Lake City, Idaho, or maybe even Wyoming or Montana. I'm still waiting for a finish line in Yellowstone or Glacier national park :)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
I'm at the ready!

If you need me to get to SFO, try and give me some advanced notice... it takes a while to get up there, especially if it's during rush hour traffic...

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »
I search 'amazing race' on twitter and the first 5 tweets are about body break from TAR canada :res:
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »
Block by putting in "none of these" using advanced search
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »

Not too mention there are plenty of great places just North, South, and East of San Fran that could host tasks and/or the finish line (Napa Valley, Oakland Hills, Silicon Valley, etc)

Napa Valley :hearts: :<3 :hearts: One of my bucketlist activities is to go to a wine & cheese tasting at one of their wineries.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2013, 01:29:15 AM »
i'm still praying that leg 7 and 8 is in Doha. they haven't been going to new countries for 2 seasons. while they're still so many safe countries they haven't been to. nonetheless, abu dhabi is still fine with me 

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »
I just hope that we get Seattle, Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, Philadelphia and Miami as End Cities in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
I just hope that we get Seattle, Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, Philadelphia and Miami as End Cities in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go watch TAR18 if you want Miami, they won't be going for a while now

As for the others, well, it's when TPTB feels it's time to visit them

Juneau final destination city love <33333

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
Well it's looks like we missed out on the finish...  Too bad

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »
i'm still praying that leg 7 and 8 is in Doha. they haven't been going to new countries for 2 seasons. while they're still so many safe countries they haven't been to. nonetheless, abu dhabi is still fine with me

THIS! I understand that Abu Dubai is something new and we haven't been to the UAE in 8 seasons but I would really, really want to see a leg or 2 in Doha/Qatar!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »
Does anyone know how far the last all-female team got?

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »
I believe the last time we saw them was in Bandung. :)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »

Go watch TAR18 if you want Miami, they won't be going for a while now

As for the others, well, it's when TPTB feels it's time to visit them

Juneau final destination city love <33333

I would like to see a city finish there like NYC in Season 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

addie

« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2013, 01:05:01 PM »
OMG YEAH A CITY LEG IN ALAKSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
I believe the last time we saw them was in Bandung. :)

Sigh. So probably the brunettes got 6th at best and the blondes in 5th. That's great I guess. Sigh..
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!