Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**

<< < (4/56) > >>

north09:
Why should we even care about the gender make up of the teams. I seriously get confused when people say they don't want a team to in because their men and they want the only female teams to win. It sounds sexist, especially when you don't even know their personalities yet. Most of the all female teams end up being a bust with a few having what it takes to make it far.

docol:

--- Quote from: ovalorange on June 12, 2013, 02:19:41 AM ---After a recent lack of female talent, this season looks very nice  :colors  :lol3:

--- End quote ---

What you mean? What about Mona & Beth?

Daniel:

--- Quote from: Dobby on June 12, 2013, 10:32:33 AM ---The last time we had 5 all-male teams was in Season 4...

--- End quote ---

and I LOVED that season. (even though many didn't)

I'm actually getting a lot of season 4 vibes for this season.

Jobby:
Well, the world is a sexist place anyway and nothing is ever fair. The Amazing Race is undeniably designed in a way where brutal tasks will benefit alpha male teams and the all-female teams generally suffer. Some people (like me) generally like rooting for all-female teams to win because an all-female win again an alpha-male team will sort of be unexpected and beating the odds, and I don't really see this as sexist, I reckon for me it's I want to see unexpected things happening on the race. TAR 9 was a bore fest watching E/J and the Hippies dominate the race in alternative 1st and 2nd place.

But I do agree that some people don't look past the personality of the teams. I rooted for Max and Katie to win but am perfectly fine with Bates and Anthony as they were hilarious people who were easy going and seemed to be good-hearted.

The fact that people are complaining with an abundance of 5 all-male teams is because, the race is already sort of biased towards helping DECENT all-male teams progress further with physical tasks, and the fact that they are throwing in so many all-male teams without balancing it up is just disappointing. Had they cast 4 all-male teams, 4 all-female teams and 3 co-ed teams, I don't think there will be so much back-lash now. If you do some calculation, there's really only 8 female racers this season and it's pathetic, as compared to 14 male racers.

RachelLeVega:
I hope the two F/F teams will get 8th and 10th like a wish season I am working on. :lol3: (In my version, the highest leg placement a F/F team will get is 6th... worse than TAR20's.)

Maybe we will get another cast like TAR4, "Millie Mole & Werewolf" 2.0 and more Kelly & Jon-styled moments! Well... I hope ratings and route will get better (not like season 4 :lol: )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version