General > TV Shows that are NOT Reality

THE 65th ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS

<< < (5/5)

Kacper:
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie (Presenters: Bryan Cranston & Claire Danes)
EMMY GOES TO:
Michael Douglas, Behind the Candelabra

Outstanding Miniseries or Movie (Presenters: Bryan Cranston & Claire Danes)
EMMY GOES TO:
Behind the Candelabra (HBO)

Kacper:
Outstanding Comedy Series (Presenter: Will Ferrell)
EMMY GOES TO:
Modern Family (ABC)

Outstanding Drama Series (Presenter: Will Ferrell)
EMMY GOES TO:
Breaking Bad (AMC)

And the show is over!  :waves:

RealityFreakWill:
Thank you, Kacper for doing this again. You rock as always!  :tup:

theschnauzers:
NPH is a god when it comes to hosting an awards show. And he and the producers found a clever way to bring some Tony Award-like elements into the Emmys (specifically, the choreography, which was a brilliant way to do it and have the nominees involved.) And Derek Hough richly deserves that Emmy; he's a fantastic dancer in his own right, and he's proven to be a good luck charm for his celebrity partners on DWTS.

I was pleased that of the series I watched, that Homeland got further recognition this year, and that The Hour. which aired in the US on BBC America got a writing nod even though the BBC decided to cancel it after two series, even with the excellent casting.

I'm disappointed for TAR, but it probably didn't help that they've been recycling a lot of actual locations the past couple of years (although it might have been to use the HD cameras in those places). The fact that many places they haven't been to are deemed unsafe for US travelers doesn't help things, although I do think they've improved on the casting over the past few cycles. The problem may be the current editors who are making it harder for casual viewers to drop into an episode as many things that have been done in the past aren't being done now. And I think that might be an issue going forward. Hopefully with the improved financial situation for CBS, maybe the budget could be increased again and make it possible to have some more interesting tasks that are culture-specific.

Andre:
Latest The Voice season was really outstanding! The talent is gold! That's why TAR losing this for the 2nd time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version