Author Topic: TAR 23 Media  (Read 35346 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 23 Media
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:18 AM »
 :hrt:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 23 Media
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:41:32 AM »
Not really TAR 23, but an incredible 5 part video interview with BVM and Elise....many many TAR insights!

A do not miss experience, especially to hear what they say about RFF! :lol:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15690.msg880828.html#msg880828

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
I found another Iquique newspaper article about TAR 23 racing yesterday in Iquique at http://c806398.r98.cf2.rackcdn.com/EstellaIquique/110613/Paginas/jpg/11_06_13_pag_20-1440.jpg. It has two pictures, one similar to the pit stop picture from yesterday (it even has the Afghanimals). The other just looks like a shot after a pit stop arrival with 2 teams and several production people milling about while Phil and the greeter wait at the mat. This newspaper posts it's pages as a jpg file, so I can't cut and paste and translate the article. Anyone with a knowledge of Spanish that can translate it for us, please do so. It will be appreciated and much better than I could do. I made the image very large so that hopefully the text will be readable and the pictures large enough to show more details. Sorry about the scroll bars.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:57:00 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »
This is what I got from using OCR(Character recognition from an image) and then had a rough google translation

AMERICAN REALITY "THE AMAZING RACE"
Shoot scenes in Iquique
g This is the fifth time the show No one visits the country. Episodes are from season 23
• Eleazar Salinas Granados esolinasg @ estrellaiquiqued One of the most rec-nocidos realities of the United States and abroad,-The Amazing Race ", reached the city-ity to record an episode of the season 23. At Iquique, the Divide -pants were rec-rriendo Plaza Prat (meeting place of the contestants with the program director, Phil Keoghan and national model.) Centenario Market, the Park Ban-deras, among other sites. A city came eight couples who had to overcome various clues in order to take flight to another destination, which was not revealed by the pmducción, having a confidentiality agreement even between-gar also declined over the amount of data people in the production or the contestants. course, at least 50 people were come-fil-sea for the moments of each of the partners comes up with a cameraman and a sonidi st to to capture each of the moments
SOME ARTICIPANTS, WAITING FOR GIVING THE GAME
this race in which recom-rren different countries.
I Amazing CHILE nuances' already visited with the country participating in the growing seasons 7, 11 and 16, which visited the Metropolitan Region (Santiago and the airport of that city-ness), the region Anto- spends (Calama, San Pedro de Atacama and Chuquicamata-mata), Los Lagos and Ma-Magallanes and Antarctica chi-lena (Puerto Montt, Uni-
versity of Los Lagos, Punta Arenas, Magallanes and Antarctica) and the region of Valparaiso and Los Lagos (Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and Puerto Varas, then go to Bariloche). In Santiago, one of the hosts was June-to the driver was known manner model Pamela Diaz, who was in the Cerro Santa Lucia, dressed in ro-pa Mapuche ca-da telling one of the participants who came " welcome to Chile ".

mercado centenario(I can't find Park Banderas but im sure someone else will)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:51:53 PM by Kandace »

Offline Pope Ave

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
A couple notes on the translation:

The secondary headline says, "This is the fifth time the show has visited the country. Episodes are from Season 23."

It says Plaza Prat is the pit stop (doesn't use those words...), and that other places were Centenario Market (Centennial) and Banderas Park.

Interesting that it says there were 8 pairs racing. Maybe they didn't wait around long enough to see them all? About 50 people in total, when you count up all the camera/sound and other crew members.

It says that the show came to Chile in seasons 7, 11, and 16 and states where they went those seasons.

In Santiago, a model named Pamela Diaz was at Cerro Santa Lucia to give a 'welcome to Chile' greeting. May have been when they first arrived, getting directions to travel to Iquique?

[first posting here. I hope I didn't break some rule by posting this in the wrong thread!!]

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
The Amazing Race 7 finished its leg in Santiago at Cerro Santa Lucia in 2005 so I would think it could be referring to that. Santiago was just a layover stop as teams headed towards Iquique.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
Here's come the cavalry... (I made some little adjustement from the original syntax)

AMERICAN REALITY  "THE AMAZING RACE" RECORDS SCENES AT IQUIQUE
by Eleazar Salinas Granados - esalinasg@estrellaiq.cl

This is the fifth time the show visits the country. Episodes are from the 23th. season.

One of the most recognized realities from the U.S.A. and abroad, "The Amazing Race", came to the city to record one of the episodes of his 23th. season.

At Iquique, participants were going across Prat Square (meeting point with the show's host Phil Keoghan and a national model), the Centennial Market, the Flags Park, among other places.

Eight couples came to the city, who should overcame diverse clues to be able to embark on a fly to another destiny which wasn't revealed by production due to have a confidentiality contract, they not even also like to spoil mayor data on the amount of production people or contestants.

But one thing's for sure, 50 people came at least to tape the moments of each couple. Each one comes up with a cameraman and a sound guy, to capture every one of the moments of this race where they go all over different countries.

CHILE.
"The Amazing Race" has already visited the country with its participants on Seasons 7, 11 and 16; in which they visited the Metropolitan Region (Santiago and the city's airport), the Antofagasta Region (Calama, San Pedro de Atacama and Chuquimata), of Los Lagos y Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena (Puerto Montt, Universidad de los Lagos, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica) and the Valparaíso y los Lagos Region (Valparaíso, Viña del Mar y Puerto Varas, to later go to Bariloche).

In Santiago, one of the hostess who joined the show host was the known model Pamela Díaz, who was at the St. Lucia hill dressed on mapuche attires, saying to each of the arriving participants "Welcome to Chile".
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any to put this, feel free to move if already posted elsewhere - http://tvline.com/2013/06/17/cbs-premiere-dates-2013-fall/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook :
CBS is the first network out of the gate with premiere dates for the 2013-14 TV season, and it will kick things off with the Season 27 premiere of Survivor.
Premiere Week officially arrives, however, the day after the Eye hosts the Primetime Emmy Awards, beginning with its rejiggered Monday sitcom lineup — opening Sept. 23 with an hourlong How I Met Your Mother final season premiere — and which now is paired with the 13-episode thriller drama Hostages.
CBS’ premiere plan by and large wraps Sunday, Sept. 29 with the tried-and-true combo of 60 Minutes/The Amazing Race/The Good Wife/The Mentalist.
CBS also locked in one midseason launch date: Intelligence, which stars Josh Holloway (Lost), Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI), will premiere Monday. Feb. 24 at 10/9c. (Also on tap for midseason but not yet scheduled: Mike & Molly and the new series Friends With Better Lives and Reckless.
All told, the network’s launch plan will play out like this:
Wednesday, Sept. 18
8 pm Survivor (Season 27 premiere)
Sunday, Sept. 22
8 pm The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards
Monday, Sept. 23
8pm How I Met Your Mother (Season 9/final season)
9 pm 2 Broke Girls (Season 3)
9:30 pm MOM (new series)
10 pm HOSTAGES (new series)
Tuesday, Sept. 24
8 pm NCIS (Season 11)
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 5)
10 pm Person of Interest (Season 3)
Wednesday, Sept. 25
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS (9th season premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (14th season premiere)
Thursday, Sept. 26
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY (7th season premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM THE MILLERS (Series Debut)
9:00-9:30 PM THE CRAZY ONES (Series Debut)
9:30-10:00 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN (11th season premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM ELEMENTARY (2nd season premiere)
Friday, Sept. 27
8:00-9:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS (5th season premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0 (4th season premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS (4th season premiere)
Saturday, Sept. 28
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS (26th season premiere)
Sunday, Sept. 29
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES (46th season premiere)
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (23rd edition premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (5th season premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST (6th season premiere)
Monday, Sept. 30
8:30 pm WE ARE MEN (new series)
Monday, Feb. 24
10:00-11:00 PM INTELLIGENCE (Series Debut)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any to put this, feel free to move if already posted elsewhere - http://tvline.com/2013/06/17/cbs-premiere-dates-2013-fall/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook :
Sunday, Sept. 29

8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (23rd edition premiere)
Making it easier for tired eyes, this is the part that is important for TAR.  It's the same pattern for the fall edition as we've seen for quite a while.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
About filming in Poland (with photos).

http://trojmiasto.gazeta.pl/trojmiasto/1,35636,14132378,Amerykanie_kreca_w_Gdansku_film__Tylko_jaki__To_scisle.html

My translation of the text:

Americans are filming a movie in Gdańsk. But which one? It's top secret.

Wednesday morning in Długa Street (Long Street) an american film crew showed up. What are they filming? Right now we can only guess.

It's the middle of the week, but we can see that summer started by the morning crowd on the Długa Street and many school holiday's groups. Children wearing yellow shirts are walking to Motława River but everyone must stop by the Neptun's fountain but not to watch the fountain - the road is blocked buy bigger crowd than usually.

Around the Neptun's fountain located are weird platforms with four metal feet-shaped platforms sticking out and a sign with red double dollar sign. There are eight platforms. All of the metal feet have "Stand here" written on it - on one of it according to the instruction is standing some lady, who is posing for the photo. We can clearly see she has troubles with stansing straight on unevenly setted platforms. Nearby we can see a big camera on the crane and another one.

Film crew is comunicating in English. When I asked what are they filming they say "a travelling program". Travelling? Not enterneinig? So what the platforms are for?

They cannot say anything more. Niether explain the idea of the show, nor for who are they working for or if it's for cinema, tv or internet. I couldn't also hear where are they from or if they came just to Gdańsk or if they were in other polish cities.

"It's a very hush-hush project" - the cameraman mysteriously said which means they want to keep everything quiet for the viewers.

All we know is that the route of the filmmakers is going both through Europe and US and that it's a global project. On the other hand a boy with camera going around the crew tells that it's a documentary. Two hour later I'm coming bact to Neptun's to check if anything changed - the crew is gone but platforms are still there.

When I came closer to figure out (vainly) what is going on, a young man came and asked me (in polish, in authoritative way) not to touch the prompts. They are the filmmakers property. The filmmakers that are making... a TV series. It's the weirdest theory because you can't see any actors there. Maybe the have a really good camouflage and perfectly speak polish.

So the only thing we can do is remembering those platforms and stay focused - maybe the move filmed im Gdańsk will be shown here and then we will know if the americans were filming travelling program, a soap or an enterteining show.Or meybe they are just documenting Bon Jovi's tour?

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:31 PM »
They are couple of comments underneath with some more details:

Amerykanie kręcą w Gdańsku film. Tylko jaki? To...IP: *.gda.pl
Gość: gość 20.06.13, 07:04 Odpowiedz
Program który był kręcony to "The Amazing Race" emitowany między innymi w stacji AXN
Pod Złotą Bramą planowane było miejsce końca etapu wyścigu oznaczone charakterystyczną żółta szarfą oraz skrzynką z kopertami.
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race

[The show that was film is TAR in polish showed by AXN Network. Underneath the Gold Gate there was a place for planned ending of the stage marked with characteristic yellow sash and a box with envelopes]

*** Sorry for the bad translation but it's late and I'm still irritated that I just found out that Phil was 20 km away from my house! *** :pity

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
Runningblind thank you for the translation. What a bummer to have Phil so close and not know, but that is the amazing race and life.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »
I would be more devastated if it was season 18 and the cowboys were near my house ;) That almost makes it easier to get by ;)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
LOL, true runningblind, I would feel the same. Cowboys favorite USA and Australia.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing that with us, runningblind! It was interesting.

The last part reminded me that when I was looking for tweets and Facebook posts from Gdansk, almost every one was about Bon Jovi performing that night and there were very few about TAR being in the area. It was a little frustrating.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/photos/view?id=132040#  :luvya:

Emmy award winning host Phil Keoghan of the CBS series THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
Thanks! Looks like the salt mines in Chile. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:02 PM »
mmm salty Phil  :-[

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:49:44 PM by Candi Lee »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »
A starting line snippet already!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH7ph_I8_8g

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
EW released the info for the new season:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20302134_20729028,00.html

This fall, 11 teams will sprint 35,000 miles around the globe for $1 million. The Amazing Race's season 23 brings back the Double Express Pass twist, first introduced last season, as the pairs paraglide above Chile, take an icy dive in Norway, and race Formula One cars in Abu Dhabi. Who will win among the baseball wives, married ER doctors, former NFL teammates, self-proclaimed ''Queens of Bingo,'' and more? Tune in to CBS on Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. ET to find out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:19:04 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:24:31 AM by Candi Lee »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »
It's oonn...!!!  :cheer:

Waiting for contestants thread to open..!
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
While the race was being filmed, I remember thinking this was one of the best casts in a while. But after watching the video, I don't know, something doesn't seem right  :'(

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
Oh yeah! Finally! I love all the contestants. I'm so excited for the start of the race! :D :D
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses