Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 Media

<< < (3/11) > >>

runningblind:
About filming in Poland (with photos).

http://trojmiasto.gazeta.pl/trojmiasto/1,35636,14132378,Amerykanie_kreca_w_Gdansku_film__Tylko_jaki__To_scisle.html

My translation of the text:

Americans are filming a movie in Gdańsk. But which one? It's top secret.

Wednesday morning in Długa Street (Long Street) an american film crew showed up. What are they filming? Right now we can only guess.

It's the middle of the week, but we can see that summer started by the morning crowd on the Długa Street and many school holiday's groups. Children wearing yellow shirts are walking to Motława River but everyone must stop by the Neptun's fountain but not to watch the fountain - the road is blocked buy bigger crowd than usually.

Around the Neptun's fountain located are weird platforms with four metal feet-shaped platforms sticking out and a sign with red double dollar sign. There are eight platforms. All of the metal feet have "Stand here" written on it - on one of it according to the instruction is standing some lady, who is posing for the photo. We can clearly see she has troubles with stansing straight on unevenly setted platforms. Nearby we can see a big camera on the crane and another one.

Film crew is comunicating in English. When I asked what are they filming they say "a travelling program". Travelling? Not enterneinig? So what the platforms are for?

They cannot say anything more. Niether explain the idea of the show, nor for who are they working for or if it's for cinema, tv or internet. I couldn't also hear where are they from or if they came just to Gdańsk or if they were in other polish cities.

"It's a very hush-hush project" - the cameraman mysteriously said which means they want to keep everything quiet for the viewers.

All we know is that the route of the filmmakers is going both through Europe and US and that it's a global project. On the other hand a boy with camera going around the crew tells that it's a documentary. Two hour later I'm coming bact to Neptun's to check if anything changed - the crew is gone but platforms are still there.

When I came closer to figure out (vainly) what is going on, a young man came and asked me (in polish, in authoritative way) not to touch the prompts. They are the filmmakers property. The filmmakers that are making... a TV series. It's the weirdest theory because you can't see any actors there. Maybe the have a really good camouflage and perfectly speak polish.

So the only thing we can do is remembering those platforms and stay focused - maybe the move filmed im Gdańsk will be shown here and then we will know if the americans were filming travelling program, a soap or an enterteining show.Or meybe they are just documenting Bon Jovi's tour?

runningblind:
They are couple of comments underneath with some more details:

Amerykanie kręcą w Gdańsku film. Tylko jaki? To...IP: *.gda.pl
Gość: gość 20.06.13, 07:04 Odpowiedz
Program który był kręcony to "The Amazing Race" emitowany między innymi w stacji AXN
Pod Złotą Bramą planowane było miejsce końca etapu wyścigu oznaczone charakterystyczną żółta szarfą oraz skrzynką z kopertami.
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race

[The show that was film is TAR in polish showed by AXN Network. Underneath the Gold Gate there was a place for planned ending of the stage marked with characteristic yellow sash and a box with envelopes]

*** Sorry for the bad translation but it's late and I'm still irritated that I just found out that Phil was 20 km away from my house! *** :pity

couchracer:
Runningblind thank you for the translation. What a bummer to have Phil so close and not know, but that is the amazing race and life.

runningblind:
I would be more devastated if it was season 18 and the cowboys were near my house ;) That almost makes it easier to get by ;)

couchracer:
LOL, true runningblind, I would feel the same. Cowboys favorite USA and Australia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version