Author Topic: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?  (Read 17940 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?
« on: May 17, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
Hey guys, after some good and bad memory challenges in TAR, what kind of memory challenge that you personally want to see in the final leg? :)

Personally, I like if they have to sort the coat of arms of each countries they visited. Because, I think nobody would thought about this, and they maybe haven't seen it and no way they'll take a note about it. ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Cool thread! I agree that teams are becoming too smart for run-of-the-mill memory tasks, so they should do something different. If they had not put the outlines of the countries on the clues in TAR 19, I think that finale could have been more interesting.

How about the languages of each country visited?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Cool thread! I agree that teams are becoming too smart for run-of-the-mill memory tasks, so they should do something different. If they had not put the outlines of the countries on the clues in TAR 19, I think that finale could have been more interesting.

If they're making it, almost all countries visited should have different mother language. Also, to make it more interesting, how about they have to hear a recording of the language spoken? Wouldn't be harder and trickier than just to see the writing? :lol:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
true that espically portugese and spanish

Also this could be an awesome switchback but put it as a finale memory task
S10 Leg 9 Make Music Detour: Imagine the Final 3 Rapping about eveywhere theyve been. Tests Their memory, creativity, and possibly physically (making a dance to go with it) Maybe combine it with some props that appeared on the race and a few decoys

(just posted this on switch back thread to lol)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »

If they're making it, almost all countries visited should have different mother language. Also, to make it more interesting, how about they have to hear a recording of the language spoken? Wouldn't be harder and trickier than just to see the writing? :lol:

Definitely :lol: <3

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
It has to be somthing to test them mentality and physicality (TAR22 & TAR19 would have worked great if the teams were closssr together and there wasn't 1 clear winner) and somthing the teams wont take note of (TAR21 worked perfictily with the Hello/Goodbye challenge)

Maybe somthing like season 8's puzzle task. (Except a puzzle of the world)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
Something way more puzzling than GO GLOBAL.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
Just throwing it out: even TAR 22 Leg 3's "memory Roadblock" was more puzzling than Go Global :groan:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
I think a more extensive version of the Surfboards in Bali would be a fantastic memory challenge! In my opinion, a memory challenge should be one that is challenging that allows for position shuffling, but isn't too difficult that it turns into a luck challenge. The surfboards task hit all those standards.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »
Just throwing it out: even TAR 22 Leg 3's "memory Roadblock" was more puzzling than Go Global :groan:

I think a more extensive version of the Surfboards in Bali would be a fantastic memory challenge! In my opinion, a memory challenge should be one that is challenging that allows for position shuffling, but isn't too difficult that it turns into a luck challenge. The surfboards task hit all those standards.

THIS so much

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

TAR14 final leg.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Season 14's memory challenge was an awesome one! I should have worded that differently; I wasn't trying to refer to Season 14.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

Agree on this, totally.

Season 14's memory challenge was an awesome one! I should have worded that differently
; I wasn't trying to refer to Season 14.

:tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »
You know what would be perfect? Detour task titles. Match them up into pairs, AND put them in the correct order. The only downside is you'd need one on every leg, and I'm not sure the producers are willing to do that. (And the legs could be planned so the clue for the Detour is given out at the same time as the Fast Forward, so that it doesn't disadvantage those teams.)

Seriously, though, if they want the memory tasks to be challenging, they need to stop allowing teams to make notes during the race. Not letting them use their notes during the challenge is good, but it doesn't mean a thing if they've just spent a fourteen-hour flight studying it all in anticipation for the task. If they don't have the notes to begin with, they can't study them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:05:15 AM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 12:01:43 AM »
Maybe with the RBs?

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 02:49:30 AM »
For a final memory challenge, I would like something subtle that teams won't automatically know it is something very, very important, but something profound enough that teams won't automatically forget them.

I was thinking music. Songs played in tasks or route marker, such as the guitar player is S22.1 Bora Bora or the music at the bamboo dance in S22.5 in Vietnam.

Or maybe the costumes worn by the pit stop greeter. Teams would have to recreate what the greeters wore at the pit stop mat, down to the accesories they wore.

And if TAR doesn't want notes at the final memory challenge, they would just have to tell the teams that they can't check theirs, or produce a task that would render their notes useless (like TAR21).  :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 07:46:05 AM »
Or maybe the costumes worn by the pit stop greeter. Teams would have to recreate what the greeters wore at the pit stop mat, down to the accesories they wore.

I love this idea! I could really see this happening in a future season. It would definitely allow enough time for teams with good memories and good eyes for detail to catch up.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 07:59:51 AM »
I personally think that task would be too difficult and would be turned into a luck task, which I don't really want to see in the Finale.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »
How about remember Phil's outfits in the right order? :lol3:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 07:55:26 PM »
That would be epic! I bet no one has thought about taking notes on what Phil wears (or at least I haven't).

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
All the RB phrases?

i.e "Who wants to take a giant leap to the million bucks?" (something like that) from TAR 22 Leg 1.

I would think that teams do take notes of phrases though.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »
That would be epic! I bet no one has thought about taking notes on what Phil wears (or at least I haven't).
it was a joke im pretty sure this was the finale task on TAR 17

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
No, that was the epic pitstop greeter task <333333

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
No, that was the epic pitstop greeter task <333333
o yeaa.. its just so similar...

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
I would want a memory challenge for the clue givers. They are usually overlooked by teams as they are always in a hurry to grab their clue.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!