Author Topic: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?  (Read 17938 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What kind of memory challenge that you want to see?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
A signboard task involving all the countries they have visited, or to make it more challenging, a list of cities.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »
You mean kind of like an adapted Switchback of TAR11's "write the places Magellan went, in order" task?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »
You mean kind of like an adapted Switchback of TAR11's "write the places Magellan went, in order" task?

Yes. Given that teams had a lot of trouble with that detour, I kind of expect it to be quite a challenging roadblock.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 10:07:17 PM »
I never posted here when I first saw this thread because I was afraid that once someone from the crew sees this, they might cross it out from their list, but I realized that it's not the case all the time.

I was thinking music. Songs played in tasks or route marker, such as the guitar player is S22.1 Bora Bora or the music at the bamboo dance in S22.5 in Vietnam.

I have a similar thought, musical instruments.  :cmas23 Let's say on one leg a cluegiver is playing a musical instrument, then on another leg it's the background music of a cluebox location, then maybe it could also be at an ARI or roadblock location, or even the pit stop greeter can play a musical instrument.

I think they can be hidden properly to the point that the racers won't notice it and that they won't be able to take note of it. :cmas22

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 11:39:27 PM »
I was thinking that they should have a photographic memory task... Like determine in order pit stop they have encountered... That should be hard but idk whether it would be epic in TV...

Also I love the concept that TAR had offered in TAR 27 finale leg... Having physical task together with memory task that was a clever one....
what might have been

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
They should do a memory task including country calling codes. Maybe give the teams a list of all the calling codes and make them search through the list for the ones from the countries visited. Then they will have to fill the numbers into an equation.

After they have found the numbers the task is to add, subtract, multiply and divide the numbers in a pre-determined matter to get a four-digit code. This code will then be used to unlock a box with the clue.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
How about airport codes? After arranging, they will need to spell out a word (from the letters) that will be their clue to the place where the finish line is.  :xmas146
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2015, 09:27:49 PM »
How about airport codes? After arranging, they will need to spell out a word (from the letters) that will be their clue to the place where the finish line is.  :xmas146
Holy crap that would be difficult
Would teams be provided with the airport codes, or will they have to figure them out AND THEN unscramble them?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
Airport Code would be fun. But I think it will be really confusing if teams somehow transit flight or land at different airport in the same leg. But LOL that would be chaotic and amazing. <3 Teams wouldn't care to take note about it I think.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 11:36:06 PM »
^^ I don't think it will be that difficult. Airport codes are in their plane tickets (but of course no peeking!) Still up to production if they will give letters or the team will need to figure them out themselves. If they will be unscrambling them, then it would be fun to give them excess letters (so if there are 10 countries and assuming 3-letter airport codes, that's 30 letters plus 3 excess). Also, it would be a team task not an RB, two brains to solve the puzzle.  :cmas22

^Of course it will just include airports on which they did landed. So it will not mean if you have 13 legs, there will be 13 airport codes. That's for the teams to figure out. A country can also have 2 airport codes, if they landed on two airports on the same country.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 08:00:51 PM »
I would love to see every leg have music involved wether it is somone playing music at the pit stop or music they dance to. The final task would be they would listen to 11 songs and place them in the correct order they heard them. To make it harder they could add extra songs or place clues in restaurants and use the music playing in the restaurant. I think teams would have a tough time with this task.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 08:11:01 PM »
What would have been great for the strangers season especially would have been that one from 11 where one has to match their partner's feelings about other teams.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
I would like to see a task, on which a picture of all of the Pit Stops where the teams check-in on the race, are posted on like a sign and they have to arrange the signs in correct order.

However, on the final sign, is the Finish Line. If the teams leave out this sign, then the answer is wrong. They need to put that picture at the end of the line.

There will be also be Pit Stops, in which the teams didn't visit. They must leave these out.

I hope this makes sense!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
What would have been great for the strangers season especially would have been that one from 11 where one has to match their partner's feelings about other teams.

I thought that it did end up with Eric & Danielle winning TAR 11?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

kaedav9

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2017, 05:53:11 AM »
i like the airport codes idea

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
Perhaps something do to with currency?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
Perhaps something do to with currency?

They've done it in TAR 23. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »
Rather than a task about things racers have seen, I'd like to see one about things racers have done.

Like (this would be perfect for an LA finish since they could have it in a soundstage with little issue), have a bunch of miniature variations of tasks, with the chosen team member required to complete them in order to receive their next clue.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 03:46:09 PM »
Foods - Teams must gather an ingredient that's symbolic to each country they visited.  They'll be given a shopping list, but some food items will be wrong.  Once all the items have been gathered, teams must mix them together and eat/drink the final product. 

World Leaders - Teams will go through a bunch of portraits of world leaders and must find the correct world leader for each country they visited. 

Video Game references - Teams will be given a video game reference in each roadblock clue and must identify what video game goes with a certain country.  For example, in Australia, teams would carry some fruit boxes to a market which is a reference to Crash Bandicoot.  In Poland, teams would go on a mystical hunt which is a reference to The Witcher. 

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
I would like to see a memory task where teams must place answer cards to 12-15 riddle questions about the race destinations, chronological order, and tasks onto a giant spinning fan or spoke. This task will require teams to be quick physically, cognitively, and attentively. I can imagine this task now being a noteworthy challenge with teams tragically messing up and freaking out over which answers are wrong.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
HMLM (who ostensibly rip this off from BB CAN 2 had, and I'm going to quote wiki on this:

Quote from: HMLM 5 wiki
At Melbourne Museum, teams had to play a giant trivia board game, which was divided into the countries they visited during the race. Then, teams had to roll the dice to advance their token to a space where they would draw a card which contained a question and a penalty related to the leg from that space's country, with the exception of the Australia spaces which contained questions about previous seasons of HaMerotz LaMillion. If teams answered the question correctly they could roll the dice again; however if their answer was wrong teams had to complete the penalty task before rolling again. Additionally, each country had a space where, if landed on, teams drew a card that would instruct them to move their token to a specific country. Once the teams reached the end of the board, a man dressed as Captain Cook would hand them their next clue.

They could change it slightly (I think it would be mean to ask teams questions about 29 seasons worth of TAR US) but this would be great and hilarious to watch, especially if all three teams are there.

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »
I liked the TAR12 memory Roadblock - it was so challenging and really made the racers think.
Por ti volaré

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »
HMLM (who ostensibly rip this off from BB CAN 2 had, and I'm going to quote wiki on this:

Quote from: HMLM 5 wiki
At Melbourne Museum, teams had to play a giant trivia board game, which was divided into the countries they visited during the race. Then, teams had to roll the dice to advance their token to a space where they would draw a card which contained a question and a penalty related to the leg from that space's country, with the exception of the Australia spaces which contained questions about previous seasons of HaMerotz LaMillion. If teams answered the question correctly they could roll the dice again; however if their answer was wrong teams had to complete the penalty task before rolling again. Additionally, each country had a space where, if landed on, teams drew a card that would instruct them to move their token to a specific country. Once the teams reached the end of the board, a man dressed as Captain Cook would hand them their next clue.

They could change it slightly (I think it would be mean to ask teams questions about 29 seasons worth of TAR US) but this would be great and hilarious to watch, especially if all three teams are there.
This could be what superfans excel at
Brooke and Scott will smash this  :funny:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:27 PM »
I came up with an idea for a memory challenge.

I think they should end a season in Detroit, Michigan. Being the home of the automobile industry, they would have to do a challenge related to cars. I was thinking that THAT could be the memory challenge. Teams are each given an area 12 cars with licenses plates that have something relating to the locales they visited, such as IATA (I saw someone mention something about that before), country/city names, actual license plates from those countries, etc. and they have to park the cars in order before they can receive the next clue.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 02:05:51 AM »
I just thought of a brilliant one, imho.

The task could take place in an American city's Chinatown. Teams would be given a bunch of cards with Chinese letters on them, and have to find the ones that say all of the countries they have been to and put them in order on a board.

To facilitate this, teams can take them out and ask a local to say one of the cards to them. However, teams can only ask each local individual to say ONE card. Furthermore, teams cannot use notes so if they find a country, they will have to memorize the Chinese characters so that they remember which one is that country.

Slightly inspired by a task in South Korea on TAR Israel 5.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!