Author Topic: Survivor Questions  (Read 44546 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Survivor Questions
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
Same as The Amazing Race, the second placer gets 100k as well. :) (whether it has changed or not I do not know)

That is NOT correct....  wish it was true!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

Also, is it true that the 1 million prize is not really given in cold cash (assuming its given without tax implication, but of course it has) i mean that the winner needs to wait for some time for his prize to be one million, or he/she has the option to just receive the "present value" of the million dollar prize?

They are given a check for the amount...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
Same as The Amazing Race, the second placer gets 100k as well. :) (whether it has changed or not I do not know)

That is NOT correct....  wish it was true!

Didn't the Bransen get 100k? Wasn't there an interview where Rob Mariano revealed his prize money for TAR 7 was 100k? -_- Or did I remember wrongly? Was pretty sure with the 100k prize money for Bransens though!! :cmas18

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »
Here in the Philippines, prizes and winnings have a final withholding tax of 20%. So for gameshow winners, if they won the grand prize of 1M pesos, they just ended up with P800,000.   :cmas27
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
Here in the Philippines, prizes and winnings have a final withholding tax of 20%. So for gameshow winners, if they won the grand prize of 1M pesos, they just ended up with P800,000.   :cmas27

Same here in China.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »
Another question, can HIIs be played if there's a re-vote?
Chance favors prepared minds.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2014, 04:32:04 AM »

Nope, they must be played the first time votes are cast - after that, if they have a HII and there's a revote, they have to keep it in their bag :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »

Nope, they must be played the first time votes are cast - after that, if they have a HII and there's a revote, they have to keep it in their bag :)

Yeah, was going to ask the same thing. Marty (S:Nicaragua) had a HII and was on a 3-3-2 tie. A re-vote was made, but he did nothing to try to be saved, so I assume he just could not use it.