Author Topic: Advertisment Bots  (Read 13658 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Advertisment Bots
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
Recently, some malicious users or bots have created a bunch of phony pages in the User: Namespace filled with adverts and links to possibly malicious sites. I think it's important for these to be removed.

http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges See here to see them.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Advertisment Bots
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »
Have you let DOM know?? 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:46:22 PM »
Yeah, the problem has been rectified now. All's clear!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
Great!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
This problem is showing up in other forum message boards hosted by other services. One forum I am an admin at has been seeing adspammers who are not only able to evade the Captcha device, they also are getting past email verification in setting up a user account.

It is a pain to deal with, and we're not sure what a long term solution is unless the host of the forum servers makes modifications to deal with these latest evasions. Just a FYI.
-- theschnauzers