Author Topic: All Four Judges Fired For 2014?  (Read 19107 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: All Four Judges Fired For 2014?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 04:14:54 AM »
 :keeta: I want Simon Cowel back even if only one season, but don't look for that to happen.  I thought Keith Urban was good.  CANNOT stand Nikki!! :gaah:  Keith was good as was Mariah. :hrt: I will really miss Randy!  :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
American Idol wants to hear from you!

Take the American Idol survey! http://www.instant.ly/s/Nbosg

Apparently, the general consensus is similar, keep Keith, change the girl judges and bring back JLO. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 01:08:36 AM »
http://www.thesouptv.com/latest/american-idle/424989?cmpid=sn-111021-facebook-na-soup

Big news on the American Idol front. What's that you say? Well, we don't have any news about The Voice right now so we're talking about American Idol instead. Just bear with us.

The rumor mill has churned out word that both Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj are relinquishing their seats at the judge's table. Shortly after Mariah's formal announcement, Minaj took to Twitter to announce she was peacing out as well. And just like that, what little excitement was left on the aging talent show has evaporated completely.

The question now is who will be brought in to replace the dueling divas. We're not saying the producers will purposely seek out two opposed parties, to keep the drama flowing, but the frontrunners in the search so far seem to indicate as much.

Offline praiseorbash

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Praise or Bash - Have your say!
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »
I think American Idol is done and Randy Jackson knows it. I miss Simon and Paula. I will still watch the show because I like watching the talent on there, but it just won't be the same. I guess I will have to give American Idol a "Bash" for now.
Praise things you love or Bash what you hate.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 02:52:08 PM »
American Idol wants to hear from you!

Take the American Idol survey! http://www.instant.ly/s/Nbosg

Apparently, the general consensus is similar, keep Keith, change the girl judges and bring back JLO. :lol3:

I tried the survey but it said I don't "qualify." (I guess anyone who didn't watch the last season can't vote.) :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
Weird!  How would they know and if you didn't watch, it seems to me that might be something to take into account too.  Maybe try again Hooky.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
They know because it asks you in the survey. If you say you haven't watched an episode, the next page says you are not qualified.

I won't be dishonest and mess up the accuracy of their poll, but I do wonder why only those who watched some of the last season have a voice? Aren't they trying to reclaim the viewers they had back in the old days?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
The moment I picked in other countries aka Singapore, I am not allowed to take the quiz. So I... became an American for that survey. :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
They know because it asks you in the survey. If you say you haven't watched an episode, the next page says you are not qualified.

I won't be dishonest and mess up the accuracy of their poll, but I do wonder why only those who watched some of the last season have a voice? Aren't they trying to reclaim the viewers they had back in the old days?

You would think so wouldn't you!  :crazy:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »
Come to think of it, I really think the next season will go back to a guy winning again. I wouldn't join if I'm a great female singer next season. :lol3:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »
FROM "THE WRAP TV"
http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/american-idol-judges-dilemma-jennifer-lopez-jennifer-hudson-107166

'American Idol' Faces Judges Decision: Inside the 'J. Lo or J-Hud?' Diva Dilemma (Exclusive)
By Jethro Nededog

Show insiders tell TheWrap that indecision among the newly appointed executive producers have caused plans to shift several times on the Fox competition.

Fox's "American Idol" is going back to its safe place – or at least it's trying.

Two months after TheWrap broke the story that Fox was looking to completely revamp the judging panel on its declining singing competition, insiders tell us that indecision among the newly appointed executive producers have caused plans to shift several times.

Former judge Jennifer Lopez is in negotiations to return to the Fox singing competition, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap.

Formerly, Lopez made about $15 million a season for the gig, but those kind of numbers don't work for the current climate at "Idol," which has been shedding viewers for several seasons now.

If producers can come to an agreement with Lopez, then Jennifer Hudson is most likely out. The Season 3 alum had struck a deal with the producers to join the panel for somewhere between $4-$5.5 million, but her contract was never finalized and remains open.

Hudson made sense back in May when the goal was to put together an all-alumni panel. According to the "Idol" insider, that plan fell away after producers failed to sign Kelly Clarkson.

One "Idol" insider said that producers are still leaning toward a three-person panel and their preference is one female and two males. If they can come to agreement on salary, Lopez will return and Hudson will likely be let go. Keith Urban is set to return for the second spot and technologist-singer will.i.am, who's currently in negotiations, is the top contender for the last spot.

The ongoing indecision stems from the differing views of the quartet of new producers -- Simon Fuller of 19 Entertainment and his new producers Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager, former Swedish "Idol" producer Per Blankens for FremantleMedia and Fox's David Hill.

Apparently Fremantle's Swedish producer wants the show to go with the biggest possible talent, while Fox is more interested in a balanced panel than in spending diva dollars.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the plan will shift again before the panel is set. But, time is definitely not on "Idol's" side as auditions for Season 13 started earlier this month in Salt Lake City and ends Aug. 11 in Omaha.

Fox, Fremantle and 19 Entertainment declined to comment for this report.

This isn’t the first time "Idol" producers turned to Lopez for help. Allegedly, they hatched a plan to replace Mariah Carey in April as a ratings stunt but Carey's lawyers put an end to the plot.

Things began to unravel even before Mike Darnell left his post as Fox's president of alternative programming. Fox then tapped David Hill to oversee "Idol" and "The X Factor" soon after.

As TheWrap first reported, founding producers Nigel Lythgoe and Fremantle Ken Warwick were fired in June. Blankens and Den of Thieves would later replace them, respectively.

Additionally, judges Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj have confirmed the exits TheWrap reported first in May. That leaves Urban and host Ryan Seacrest, who has another year on his contract.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »
Both Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez would be good for the show and are good judges. It probably will be a good thing if they only have 3 judges. Mariah Carey was a terrible judge in my opinion. They have to get judges set soon with auditions starting.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
I would rather Lopez than Hudson.  Hudson has gotten into political issues which irritates me.  I want to be entertained not irritated.  I thought Keith Urban did good last year considering the diva wars.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:08 AM »
I liked Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj before she turned into a rude b***h. She was really good up till about the Top 7 last year, where it was plain obvious she was nothing than biased.

And I don't know if I'm alone... but I REALLY LIKED KARA DIOGUARDI.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 08:02:31 AM »
I really liked Niki and thought she gave the best advice even if it was tough advice sometimes. I wonder if she didn't get fed up with the way they were favoring some over others. I'd still like to see her back.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
I liked Kara too.  I liked Nicki until she became so biased in her evaluations.  Nicki is too much of a DIVA for me.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 11:39:47 PM »
I liked Kara too.  I liked Nicki until she became so biased in her evaluations.  Nicki is too much of a DIVA for me.

Same here!! Nicki was really good... so much better than Mariah who doesn't know what she's saying most of the time. But she turned a little rude towards the end and it was plain obvious she didn't care anymore and she didn't like to be there either. -_-

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
I love him too. :)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
And I don't know if I'm alone... but I REALLY LIKED KARA DIOGUARDI.

Me three! They should just bring her back. :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »
They just didn't liked her because she wasn't as "famous" as the other judges. Kara was real, professional and gave constructive comments all the time. :(