Author Topic: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 286268 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
Is Kim performing both roadblocks?
We can see that she's doing the Paraglide task in the sneak peek.
And we can see in the spoilers photos that Nicole is waiting her to complete the boat roadblock.

I think Ally did both too. Now, I don't understand.

I think Travis did both two, but I'm not sure.

At the beginning of the season is not really a problem and they can do whatever, but it becomes a problem later on when the teams needs to have an equal amount of Roadblocks performed.

It has happened a few times where one of the team member has done all their roadblocks so productions writes in the clue that "____ needs to perform this roadblock" or "If one team member performed tha last roadblock, the other team member must do this"... I'm paraphrasing obviously but you get the idea.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
^ Or it could be like what happened in the first episode of TAR 20 where the team member that did not perform the RB went skydiving while the one doing the RB had to navigate to the dropzone.

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #602 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »
^ Or it could be like what happened in the first episode of TAR 20 where the team member that did not perform the RB went skydiving while the one doing the RB had to navigate to the dropzone.

No way, since Jamal did the second Roadblock.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #603 on: September 28, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »
I'm going to speculate half of the teams are going to misspronounce Iquique when they read the clue.  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »
Hmmm, we have been speculating that the "Knight" challenge seen in promos would be taking place in Poland as a sort of switchback. But with the Ep 3 title being "King Arthur Style" does it seem to y'all that perhaps it could be in Lisbon instead? Would also explain why CBS spoiled at least one team as making it that far in the promos...

Thoughts?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
Hmmm, we have been speculating that the "Knight" challenge seen in promos would be taking place in Poland as a sort of switchback. But with the Ep 3 title being "King Arthur Style" does it seem to y'all that perhaps it could be in Lisbon instead? Would also explain why CBS spoiled at least one team as making it that far in the promos...

Thoughts?

That's certainly a possibility in the abstract; do we have any Portuguese speakers who want to take a crack on finding any King Arthur references via the search engines? I would think that would be the most likely way to see if there's anything that was pre-existing that would support that notion.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
I interpreted this to be talking about the sword fighting, so I would have guessed Norway :duno:

So one of the exciting places we get to [go] this season is Norway, and that's Viking country, so let's just say that we tap into some of the Viking spirit, and perhaps some things that Vikings were tested with, and we have the teams sort of immerse themselves in that world for awhile,

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »
I interpreted this to be talking about the sword fighting, so I would have guessed Norway :duno:

So one of the exciting places we get to [go] this season is Norway, and that's Viking country, so let's just say that we tap into some of the Viking spirit, and perhaps some things that Vikings were tested with, and we have the teams sort of immerse themselves in that world for awhile,

I don't about you guys but vikings don't relate to heavy armour to me. Helmet and shield tops.

According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age_arms_and_armour

These arms were also indicative of a Viking's social status. As war was the most prestigious activity in Viking Age Scandinavia, beautifully finished weapons were an important way for a warrior to display his wealth and status. A wealthy Viking would likely have a complete ensemble of a spear, one or two javelins, a wooden shield, and either a battle axe or a sword. The very richest might have a helmet, other armour is thought to have been limited to the nobility and their professional warriors. The average farmer was likely limited to a spear, shield, and perhaps a common axe or a large knife. Some would bring their hunting bows to use in the opening stages of battle, as well.[3]

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: October 01, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »
Pure spec, from little data provided by title and the few shots from the preview.
Found some King Arthur Related things in Portugal, but they all seem to be outside of Lisbon.

Here's the English Text, which is a tad bit less detailed than the Portuguese version: http://www.visitportugal.com/NR/exeres/0DCEBD06-A391-4AA5-8203-FA2DFFF3E602,frameless.htm?mode=2

(The content in Portuguese if you'd like to check it out: http://www.visitportugal.com/NR/exeres/0DCEBD06-A391-4AA5-8203-FA2DFFF3E602,frameless.htm

This would take them out of Lisbon, but not a huge stretch. A potential place might the Tomar Castle due to its ties to the Templar, it's a 80 minute drive from the airport according to Google Maps. Seems like that region of the country does have a lot places with Knight related things.

Have yet to do comparisons to the few pics we got though. Was not able to find any mentions or potential sightings or filming notes, associated with the area within our timeframe, so it's pure spec from my part.

However it's an area named as part of UNESCO World Heritage, so wouldn't be a stretch as place that WRP to consider filming.

More Reference content:
Official Page: http://www.conventocristo.pt/pt/index.php?s=white&pid=185&identificador=ct114_pt
And a curious page, about bookings/ space rental for private activites: http://www.conventocristo.pt/pt/index.php?s=white&pid=173&identificador=ct26_pt, I doubt they would tell me if I tried to inquiry about a possible booking back from June.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:34:13 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #609 on: October 02, 2013, 03:08:58 PM »
The Castle of Almourol, isolated on a small island in the middle of the River Tagus, seems a likely place for an unseen knights joust.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:04 AM »
Yes!!! Brandon and Adam had made at least leg 4, thus leg 2 maybe a NEL.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:09:44 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »

Yes!!! Brandon and Adam had made at least leg 4
>>true based on the Episode title, and sightings.
thus leg 2 maybe a NEL
  >>What makes you think that??  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:01 AM »
Episode 4:

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPAAAYYYY  :conf: :conf:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »

thus leg 2 maybe a NEL
  >>What makes you think that??  ???

All we know for sure is that there are 8 teams in the 5th leg (Poland), so there has to be a NEL/TBC before the 5th leg... and the chances of having a NEL on leg 2 is 1 out of 6. :)

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »
Hi , just wondering if anyone would tell me , pretty please , who the f3 teams are , or more importantly if my faves, Leo and Jamal make f3 . I would so greatly appreciate it :) If u can't post can someone pm me please.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #615 on: October 08, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #616 on: October 08, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
I wonder if the memory task of this season will have anything to do with the amount of Ocean related stuff...

Leg 1: Iquique's harbor, Prat Pier
Leg 2: Arturo Prat's quote when he was captain of the Esmeralda
Leg 3: Vasco de Gama look alike?  :crazy:
Leg 4: Svolvaer was stablish as a harbor  :crazy:
Leg 5: Sopot Pier is the pitstop in Gdansk
Leg 6: I think Vienna is big on rowing clubs  :crazy:

Could this be a thing?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Maybe the final task will be to identify explorers with ports or something like that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »
I wonder if the memory task of this season will have anything to do with the amount of Ocean related stuff...

Leg 1: Iquique's harbor, Prat Pier
Leg 2: Arturo Prat's quote when he was captain of the Esmeralda
Leg 3: Vasco de Gama look alike?  :crazy:
Leg 4: Svolvaer was stablish as a harbor  :crazy:
Leg 5: Sopot Pier is the pitstop in Gdansk
Leg 6: I think Vienna is big on rowing clubs  :crazy:

Could this be a thing?

I like it if it holds...I was trying to think what it could be, always given that they even DO one. They have gotten lazy about it so we never know. But this is a good theme so far, great idea!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »
Maybe the final task will be to identify explorers with ports or something like that.

Hee, I clearly failed. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »
For the final memory task, I've noticed a pattern: So far the first task in each leg was to find a person

Leg One: Find Javier for the paragliding
Leg Two: Find the Officer of the day on board Esmeralda

I think in the third leg in Lisbon they have again to find someone. If that's the first task, it could mean something.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
ooooooooooooh!! I like that too!! :hearts: Hope they are keeping notes!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
Changing it from the pit stop greeter is actually an amazing and simple idea  :hearts:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #623 on: October 12, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »
For the final memory task, I've noticed a pattern: So far the first task in each leg was to find a person

I think in the third leg in Lisbon they have again to find someone. If that's the first task, it could mean something.

Maybe it doesn't even need to be the first one but just remembering A NAME of someone you have met during every Leg could be a thing, is harder that remembering a Place or a Face... Arturo Prat could be the name on Leg 2...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »

Maybe it doesn't even need to be the first one but just remembering A NAME of someone you have met during every Leg could be a thing, is harder that remembering a Place or a Face... Arturo Prat could be the name on Leg 2...
Leg 3: Find the Portuguese singer in a red? dress (stagecoach painting clue)

If Norway will require finding a person, it's a definite lock or else in Juneau I would be shocked. :yess:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)