Author Topic: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 285579 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »
Thanks Peach! You're a life saver!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
And sorry...yesterday was insane. We were arranging coverage pretty much worldwide so it is completely possible that some info did not make it from tweets to the boards. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline loseaguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
I'm sorry, does anyone know where teams are right now?? Still in Singapore?

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »
Nope. Singapore was only a connection point. Wherever they are, it's probably leg 11. So we might find out if they fly home from there and we figure out where the final destination city is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »
Actually, wherever in the world they are, the leg will be probably be starting in a a few short hours.

So please everyone be alert, watch tweets and blog like crazy, and help here as much as you can! Especially IF you are in Manila, Taipei, HK, or AUS!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »
It is interesting to note the Boston Strong girl didn't start the race with a white wrap around her ankle like she has in the most recent photo. It's likely she does injure herself at some point during this race.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
If MEL is a possibility, teams could be on these flights:

Thai Airways 465 BKK-MEL Departed at 12:09 AM and scheduled to arrive at 11:45AM
China Southern Airlines 321 CAN-MEL Departed at 9:00PM and scheduled to arrive at 10:53AM (Highly unlikely due to visas)
Jetstar 66 DRW-MEL Departed at 7:28 AM and scheduled to arrive at 11:35 AM

The last flight has possible connections with:

Jetstar Flight 64 SIN-DRW Departed at 10:20PM and arrived at 4:20AM

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
They could have come directly fm SIN 6-29 yesterday though, arriv last night around 730...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
Guys, since I'd put this a speculation thing for TAR 23 but I'd found a twitter message from this Filipina girl just today:

Because I'm a fan! 😁👊 #TheAmazingRace #AmazingRace #ElephantCave #puertoprincesa #Palawan #Philippines… http://instagram.com/p/bDmUapiRbc/

‏@peehbeeh
1:48 AM - 27 Hun 13
But on the picture link on her instagram account you could see the board sign that said KARST MOUNTAIN ELEPHANT CAVE TARP Leg 11.  It could be a year old pic for the Philippine version of TAR but if she's telling the truth or if she's giving us a clue that TAR 23 will finally go to my country [the Philippines] and go to that place and it was previously raced for the TARP season 1, then that's great imho.
I'd already asked this lady and she said that it's NOT really related to the upcoming TAR 23, she'd just posted it for TARP season 1.  So that's sad one.  And we really don't know if my country would really visit here for TAR 23 since as we know that there's a tropical storm by he name of Gorio that is now crossed to my country, today but I do believe that one is not as strong as TS Ondoy which it was really a devastated one that happened 4 years ago, and surely by tomorrow TS Gorio will be cross to Southern China and that will be a problem if they're going to that place right now.

But I'll be saddened if they gonna snubbed the producers of TAR US for not visiting to my country for season 23 for nine straight years and that'll pissed and dismayed my Filipino people in spite that we already have a Pinoy version of TAR. :( :'( :gaah:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »
Tweeted 1hr ago

@ExampleButter: So the amazing race is being filmed in Curaçao and the participants are staying at my hotel #Cool

So it Quensland, Aus
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
isn't Curaçao in the southern caribean??

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
^This.. and I think it was TAR Latin being mentioned.

Alen asked if it was TAR Latin and she said yes, so not us.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:20:17 PM by WinTar »

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
Hey it's spec, so why not? As far as I'm aware, and others may have better intel than me, we lost them after the initial flight from Bandung, Indonesia to Singapore. I see that the general consensus from the most knowledgable peeps (Peach) is that Singapore was only a connection airport and that most likely [some] teams were on the 10:10am flight to Singapore with SilkAir.

Could they finally be going to Laos? Fastest flights there route through Singapore. And Laos could be a pretty "Twitter Dark" country.

*shrugs*  I could also be just spouting wishful word vomit too. But something to consider.

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #488 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »
Hey it's spec, so why not? As far as I'm aware, and others may have better intel than me, we lost them after the initial flight from Bandung, Indonesia to Singapore. I see that the general consensus from the most knowledgable peeps (Peach) is that Singapore was only a connection airport and that most likely [some] teams were on the 10:10am flight to Singapore with SilkAir.

Could they finally be going to Laos? Fastest flights there route through Singapore. And Laos could be a pretty "Twitter Dark" country.

*shrugs*  I could also be just spouting wishful word vomit too. But something to consider.

Makes sense... Might try to stump the detectives and quiet social media before they head back to the US

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #489 on: June 29, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »
We have that unused leg in Laos.... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2013, 12:48:37 AM »
We have that unused leg in Laos.... ???
And President Obama and family might be doing the unused leg in Tanzania any day now. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline mellodoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2013, 01:17:14 AM »
So they really went to Lembang  :ascared
I was like  :tantrum

When I was in Bosscha I have a feeling that they will go to Tangkuban Parahu.
 I can't follow the team on friday  :'(

But anyway here is the map of Lembang

http://ndahsaja.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/peta-wisata-lembang.jpg

So if they started from Bosscha, I think lembang is quite close. It's a cool place. That's why on the weekend usually the traffic is really really bad.
When Phil tweeted that he was in traffic jams on friday I think that is in the border of Bandung-Lembang. :))

I think the teams will go to the Tea Plantation at Lembang/Subang to do challenge that related to Tea
or maybe "Sisingaan" a cultural ceremony that held in Subang. Or maybe both is the choice of the detour :))

if they really go to subang, It's really possible Bosscha -> Tangkuban Parahu Mount [detour] -> Subang

Let's see it later  :conf:

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
dosent indonesia > curacao seem ridiculos??
well maybe australia > curacao makes sense but really? oceania again?
oh well i bet its australia as we had indonesia again!
Creating Routes ~

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
So they really went to Lembang  :ascared
I was like  :tantrum

When I was in Bosscha I have a feeling that they will go to Tangkuban Parahu.
 I can't follow the team on friday  :'(

But anyway here is the map of Lembang

http://ndahsaja.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/peta-wisata-lembang.jpg

So if they started from Bosscha, I think lembang is quite close. It's a cool place. That's why on the weekend usually the traffic is really really bad.
When Phil tweeted that he was in traffic jams on friday I think that is in the border of Bandung-Lembang. :))

I think the teams will go to the Tea Plantation at Lembang/Subang to do challenge that related to Tea
or maybe "Sisingaan" a cultural ceremony that held in Subang. Or maybe both is the choice of the detour :))

if they really go to subang, It's really possible Bosscha -> Tangkuban Parahu Mount [detour] -> Subang

Let's see it later  :conf:
Thanks mellodoo! :waves: Second Indonesia leg is confirmed then.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
It was confirmed by the onsite team days ago, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #495 on: June 30, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »
So the final leg should be taking place during the next day or two then?  Which means that we should be getting tons of sightings soon when they get back to the US. Hope it's somewhere different than San fransisco!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #496 on: June 30, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
So the final leg should be taking place during the next day or two then?  Which means that we should be getting tons of sightings soon when they get back to the US. Hope it's somewhere different than San fransisco!

I think Seattle is probably due for a finish line soon, considering LA and SanFran have both been visited post-All-Stars

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »

I think Seattle is probably due for a finish line soon, considering LA and SanFran have both been visited post-All-Stars

What about Salt Lake City? I really wish they're going there.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #498 on: June 30, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »
I think it would be cool to do a Grand Canyon type leg with the finish line being at the 4 corners (Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #499 on: June 30, 2013, 01:07:40 PM »

L.A. has been TAR infestation the past eleven seasons. :lol: Wouldn't be sorry for San Francisco if they visited Alcatraz and Chinatown. I am certain Seattle will be landmarked for the finale, even Phoenix, Arizona would have a slight chance of being visited.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)