Author Topic: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 285612 times)

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2013, 09:56:33 PM »
I live in Singapore and am free today till about 5:30pm when I need to meet a work mate in the Bukit Timah area till 7pm  to collect teaching materials. Where I'm at is pretty centralized.

contacted, thanks!--peach
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:02:01 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RealityFan37

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
Also available for Melbourne sightings. We are long overdue for the race to visit Melbourne!

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
If they are headed to Bali, (doubtful), my friend just arrived there last night will be there till tomorrow at noon- just sent him an email and message on phone messenger.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »
If they are headed to Bali, (doubtful), my friend just arrived there last night will be there till tomorrow at noon- just sent him an email and message on phone messenger.

PLEASE...PLEASE..DO THAT...

There's also possiblity of splitting teams up... or the stand-by tickets run out of sales...so they need to look for alternative flights (DPS could be one of them)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »

PLEASE...PLEASE..DO THAT...

There's also possiblity of splitting teams up... or the stand-by tickets run out of sales...so they need to look for alternative flights (DPS could be one of them)

Spammed his email, viber, we chat messenger and direct messaged him on twitter already. Last I heard from him was "I'm in Ubud cycling this afternoon with my family." an hour ago...

If teams need to connect to Singapore... and they flew via Bali,

They could possibly be on QZ8494 to SGP (arriving at 3:30pm), or
S Q 943 arriving at 3.35pm, or

VF 242  Valu Air arriving at 4.45pm,

or JQ 116 Jet Star arriving at 4.55pm (via Perth)

that's what I'm guessing.

Unless something went horribly wrong and a team got delayed, the next flight arriving in Singapore from Bali would be at 6:25pm

*all timings are local Singapore time*

My voice is running dry and calling a ton of major tourist attractions here to ask if anyone is filming later today. Came up empty, with most staff not knowing what I'm talking about... RE: Zoo, Bird Park, Marina Bay Sands, Flyer, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Raffles Hotel, National Library

*just incase they might have a leg here*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:10:17 PM by angeldanger »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
New info, watch for tweets after 0800 please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2013, 11:31:59 PM »
MI 191 is delayed!

Silkair Flight 191

Scheduled - arrives in 31 mins
    BDO    
       SIN
    Departed Bandung, today
    Times    Terminal    Gate
    10:10 am    -    -

Arrives Singapore, today
    Scheduled 12:55 pm    Terminal    Gate
    1:02 pm    2    -

Offline abollo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
This is old and I don't know if it has been discovered yet so I'll post it here. Maybe it helps.
On the austria leg teams 7 & 9 from here http://i.imgur.com/Q2tEpgy.jpg were still racing
I contacted someone who said they spotted the race and just got the reply. This is the only info I got so far, but I'll ask for more maybe it helps

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2013, 12:14:02 AM »
Philippines is experiecing an El Nino of TAR visit.  :gaah:
plus a tropical storm out here.. most probably we have to wait another season to speculate.. :groan:
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2013, 12:38:26 AM »
Guys, since I'd put this a speculation thing for TAR 23 but I'd found a twitter message from this Filipina girl just today:

Because I'm a fan! 😁👊 #TheAmazingRace #AmazingRace #ElephantCave #puertoprincesa #Palawan #Philippines… http://instagram.com/p/bDmUapiRbc/

‏@peehbeeh
1:48 AM - 27 Hun 13
But on the picture link on her instagram account you could see the board sign that said KARST MOUNTAIN ELEPHANT CAVE TARP Leg 11.  It could be a year old pic for the Philippine version of TAR but if she's telling the truth or if she's giving us a clue that TAR 23 will finally go to my country [the Philippines] and go to that place and it was previously raced for the TARP season 1, then that's great imho.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »
edreifigure,  :bigwelcome to RFF!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »
There are a lot of tropical storms in the Philippines at this time of the year. :(
They should come to the Philippines on November or December. The traffic during the Christmas season should make things more dramatic. :hearts:

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2013, 06:09:27 AM »
Poor Philippines won't get a leg... Typhoon directly hitting Philippines north but I think south it okay?
It means no hong Kong too... Its gonna get hit
Creating Routes ~

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
Poor Philippines won't get a leg... Typhoon directly hitting Philippines north but I think south it okay?
It means no hong Kong too... Its gonna get hit

Right. :(

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
I see a problem with Singapore being the next destination. That would be backtracking. It's possible that it's a connection point, but thats about it.

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
If teams flew out of Abu Dhabi direct to Singapore, there is only one flight daily that arrives at 22:20h local Singapore time. How many teams did teams see on the BKK-Singapore flight that is the question cause this would be the earlier one arriving direct.

ETIHAD AIRWAYSEY470

ALITALIAAZ5740   
  ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS (NH)NH6370   
  NZNZ4270   
  CZECH AIRLINESOK3222   

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2013, 02:38:04 PM »
Sorry haven't had a chance to check on the sight as often as I've wanted to lately... So I may be a little behind but I have just a couple questions.

Does anyone know for sure how many teams are remaining?
Was the Bandung leg that zouly gave the report on a NEL or were the pink girls eliminated?

Just wondering if we were able to come to a final verdict or if those answers are still unknown.

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
Also we are getting pretty close to the finale. Just wondering where everyone thinks the final leg will take place and where everyone would like the final leg to be. Personally I was a fan of the Hawaii finale in tar 20 but since that was so recent I doubt they will go back.

What about another finish in anchorage or a similar Alaskan city like Juno or Fairbanks. It's beautiful in Alaska this time of year
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:26:46 PM by ranger1010 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
Sorry haven't had a chance to check on the sight as often as I've wanted to lately... So I may be a little behind but I have just a couple questions.

Does anyone know for sure how many teams are remaining?
Was the Bandung leg that zouly gave the report on a NEL or were the pink girls eliminated?

Just wondering if we were able to come to a final verdict or if those answers are still unknown.

The spoilers from Bandung are very clear. 5 teams remaining, one eliminated.

Also we are getting pretty close to the finale. Just wondering where everyone thinks the final leg will take place and where everyone would like the final leg to be.....What about another finish I'm anchorage or a similar Alaskan city like Juno or Fairbanks. It's beautiful in Alaska this time of year

Works for me!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »
Yes that's what I thought, but then people started saying they thought it was a NEL so I wasn't sure

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
I don't believe we ever get confirmation if that was an elimination leg or not. If that was Leg 9 like I thought it was, it would actually have to of been a NEL.

What we need is an update to that timeline to reflect the current information.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:38:37 PM by north09 »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #472 on: June 29, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
(I accidentally posted this on the timeline thread, but I meant to put it here):

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that this season in general has very confusing spoilers- there going back & forth, backtracking, no one can quite confirm some locations, we don't know who made it to where. 

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to anywhere on this site:

1.) Was there a leg in Doha, Qatar?
2.) I heard mention of a leg in Abu Dhabi, UAE- are we sure about this? I didn't see any sightings or tweets. Also, if there was a leg here, are we sure they went to Bandung, Indonesia straight from here? Isn't that kind of a stretch going from the Middle East straight to Southeast Asia?
3.) Are there 1 or 2 legs in Banding, Indonesia?
4.) Is the Bandung, Indonesia leg a NEL or an EL leg? I've heard both coming from numerous sources.
5.) What's the whole deal about Singapore? Was there a leg there, was it just a connection, etc. I couldn't tell.
6.) I heard that they were in Bali. Is this another leg, or a connection?
7.) I've also heard that they were going to Australia. Is this just pure spec or are there sightings?
8.) So far, we are 100% sure they've been to Chile, Portugal, Norway, Poland, Austria, and Indonesia. So far there are no new countries. Are we sure that somewhere between Austria and Indonesia they didn't visit a new country, even for just 1 leg?

I'm so sorry I have so many questions  . It would would be great if any of you guys could answer even one of these. Thanks!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #473 on: June 29, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
(I accidentally posted this on the timeline thread, but I meant to put it here):

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that this season in general has very confusing spoilers- there going back & forth, backtracking, no one can quite confirm some locations, we don't know who made it to where. 

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to anywhere on this site:

1.) Was there a leg in Doha, Qatar? No
2.) I heard mention of a leg in Abu Dhabi, UAE- are we sure about this? Yes.I didn't see any sightings or tweets. Also, if there was a leg here, are we sure they went to Bandung, Indonesia straight from here? Unknown
Isn't that kind of a stretch going from the Middle East straight to Southeast Asia?
3.) Are there 1 or 2 legs in Banding, Indonesia? Two
4.) Is the Bandung, Indonesia leg a NEL or an EL leg? There are two legs, probably one of each.I've heard both coming from numerous sources.
5.) What's the whole deal about Singapore? Was there a leg there, was it just a connection, etc. I couldn't tell. Connection
6.) I heard that they were in Bali. Is this another leg, or a connection? Only a POSSIBLE connection>pretty much did not happen.
7.) I've also heard that they were going to Australia. Is this just pure spec or are there sightings? Possible routing, spec only.
8.) So far, we are 100% sure they've been to Chile, Portugal, Norway, Poland, Austria, and Indonesia. So far there are no new countries. Are we sure that somewhere between Austria and Indonesia they didn't visit a new country, even for just 1 leg? :duno:

I'm so sorry I have so many questions  . It would would be great if any of you guys could answer even one of these. Thanks!

Sigh....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »
So far, we are 100% sure they've been to Chile, Portugal, Norway, Poland, Austria, and Indonesia. So far there are no new countries. Are we sure that somewhere between Austria and Indonesia they didn't visit a new country, even for just 1 leg?

We did lose them some days. You really never know. For all you know they may be on a flight to North Korea now.
Show content
just kidding.