Author Topic: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 285628 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
OK. It seems they left Portugal at 7am yesterday? Based on what it was said in LIVE sightings. Departures, according to thattime, is a 7.00 am flight to Madrid.

If only we knew the Terminal, it could el us a lot, since all flights depart from Terminal 1, whereas only a few flights left by Terminal 2: the specified one to Madrid, and a flight to Funchal, Portugal. In case we got to see them fly to Madrid, it could easily be a connecting point to somewhere else, but Funchal could be done too.

If they were in Terminal 1, there is LOTS of different possibilities.

About the Svolvaer thing in Norway, is it possible to have them already there, given the sighting time? Is that our Race, then??
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:14:41 AM by David »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
Ok, this is the post on FB that Stylemikro found:

XXXXXXXXXX in The Amazing Race
8 hours ago.

Just seen them at Lisbon airport!

There was a follow up on this Facebook post

YYYYYYYYYY I can confirm, yesterday morning at the airport I've been with them while filming in front of the check-in queues with a friend of mine!
5 hours ago

Seeing them in the check-in queues makes it sounds like they were there to catch a flight rather then running to catch a taxi or pick up a car. I've asked him if they were leaving Lisbon or arriving.

Can we have the actual time please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »

The Svolvaer picture was taken 5 hous ago from this exact minute, I have asked the poster about the details, hopefully he will share a bit of story on what's really happening there..

5PM  is very different info from "the teams arrived at midnight"

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=6&day=16&year=2013&p1=25&p2=133&p3=187&iv=0

Was this 5PM Solvaer time or your time or board time? Please clarify, in this case it makes a difference.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Please notice that a Santiago to Lisbon connection takes at least 23 hours, runway to runway. Average flight time is 19 hours including layover plus a 4 hour time difference. So, there goes a full day, AT LEAST.

The easiest, fastest and with more options available connecting point between Santiago de Chile and Lisbon is Rio de Janeiro's Galeao airport, GIG.

LAN & TAM (both part of LATAM airlines group, hence the name) serve SCL-GIG and both partner with TAP which extensively joins the two traditional and historical capitals of the lusophone (portuguese-speaking) world: Rio & Lisbon.

Since Phil was still in Santiago the day of the morning earthquake, teams must have been "sequestered" for at least an additional 24 hours at the Cascada de las Animas Resort.

If you take all this in count, the Lisbon sightings' timing makes perfect sense: Leg 3 in Portugal.

I'm very doubtful of the Norway sightings.

For me, the actual route followed so far is:

Starting Line
Los Angeles Airport
Dallas or Miami Airports (connect)
Santiago Airport (connect)
Iquique Airport
Alto Hospicio Town
Iquique City PIT STOP 1
San Pedro de Atacama Town and/or Atacama Desert
Santiago City
Cascada de las Animas Resort PIT STOP 2
Santiago Airport
Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo or Four other cities in Brazil or Buenos Aires or Madrid Airports (connect)
Lisbon Airport
Somewhere in Portugal (possibly Sintra or Lisbon) PIT STOP 3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
Regarding the Lisbon/Norway issue, if Lisbon was no more than a connection, that would allow the teams and production to get through customs and passport control for the EU before heading elsewhere in Europe.
We haven't had to worry too much about this in recent seasons, due to the pacing of the flights into Europe and the tasks and HOO, but reading the live sighting posts this morning suggests this time element may be a factor (if the layover is very limited, or if Lisbon is used for a very short leg (in elapsed time) or a very short pit stop.
-- theschnauzers

MrDeerShank

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
Ok, this is the post on FB that Stylemikro found:

XXXXXXXXXX in The Amazing Race
8 hours ago.

Just seen them at Lisbon airport!

There was a follow up on this Facebook post

YYYYYYYYYY I can confirm, yesterday morning at the airport I've been with them while filming in front of the check-in queues with a friend of mine!
5 hours ago

Seeing them in the check-in queues makes it sounds like they were there to catch a flight rather then running to catch a taxi or pick up a car. I've asked him if they were leaving Lisbon or arriving.

Can we have the actual time please?

9:45am Portugal time :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
WHAT is 945?? grrrr..... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

The time of that Facebook post :lol:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2013, 01:10:48 PM »
Flights from Sao Paulo to Lisbon on Fridays, a 5 pm to 7 am next day, to catch the 8 am to Oslo, which they might have missed if the flight from Brazil was late.
Also from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon a 5 pm to 7 am, and several others if Lisbon was a destination not a connection.
Most flights to Svolvaer seem to be through Wideroe.
Do not know where TAR went though, only know for sure one team in Lisbon.
Possibly Phil in Lisbon too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
Regarding the Lisbon/Norway issue, if Lisbon was no more than a connection, that would allow the teams and production to get through customs and passport control for the EU before heading elsewhere in Europe.
We haven't had to worry too much about this in recent seasons, due to the pacing of the flights into Europe and the tasks and HOO, but reading the live sighting posts this morning suggests this time element may be a factor (if the layover is very limited, or if Lisbon is used for a very short leg (in elapsed time) or a very short pit stop.

PRODUCTION WAS DEFINITELY IN LISBON CITY.. THEY DID NOT LEAVE UNTIL SUN AM. PORTUGAL (Lisbon or Lisbon area) IS HENCE NOT A CONNECTION. IT IS/WAS  A LEG.

The key for us is now to figure out Norway.

Facts: Production dep Lisbon early Sunday.
         Teams apparently seen leaving Lisbon approx 7 AM. (FB post)
         Teams may have been sighted in Svolvaer before MN.
         Flights: Teams COULD be in Svolvaer by 520PM with a VERY tight connection, by 930PM or later without difficulty. Times are a reasonable match to the dep/arr "sightings".

(I'll post flight details in transportation later)

Concerns:
The one photo we have may not appear to be a match to our teams. However...what else could be running? And the poster is very specific about "US race".

??? ??? ??? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »

The time of that Facebook post :lol:

Y'all are still not getting it. FB times appear differently based on where you are and YOUR time. So if that is 845 AM YOUR TIME it is way off MY time. See? All FB times should be reported with a base reference or they are useless.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
Flights from Sao Paulo to Lisbon on Fridays, a 5 pm to 7 am next day, to catch the 8 am to Oslo, which they might have missed if the flight from Brazil was late.
Also from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon a 5 pm to 7 am, and several others if Lisbon was a destination not a connection.
Most flights to Svolvaer seem to be through Wideroe.
Do not know where TAR went though, only know for sure one team in Lisbon.
Possibly Phil in Lisbon too.

We need to start with Santiago, that is the last KNOWN location, anything else is spec.

Phil WAS in Lisbon.

What one team and can you link to the sighting please? I am still catching up here... If it is the Lisbon airport sighting, that shows TWO teams, correct?  Or 1.5 anyway, :lol:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:24:14 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
 Wideroe is an airline not an airport. Most likely route to Svolvaer, Oslo- Bodø or Stokmarkne- Svolvaer
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:41:22 PM by dpe »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
Thanks I wondered why I could not find Wideroe.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
I had a thought about the Svolvaer sighting. The TAR Ukraine twitter account (actually the 1+1 network account) has been tweeting some pictures lately. One I remember a few days back had something about tired exhausted teams appearing in airports around the world and had a picture of teammates asleep in seats with their heads on each other shoulders. I didn't look too much into it but I'm now thinking that they are gearing up for a second season. While I've heard nothing about them filming, I wouldn't be shocked if the sighting in Svolvaer was TAR Ukraine. I have no proof either way, but it's a possibility.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
Santiago has evening or morning flights to Lisbon through Sao Paulo and/or Madrid. It still involves 17 or more hours of travel,  arriving in Lisbon the next day around the time you left Santiago. There are also possible connections through Paris and Buenos Aires. These are the ones I could find, I am sure there are more.
leave 11am arrive 11am-2pm or leave 6pm arrive 7pm or later.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Hope I'm not adding more confusion :lol:

Christian Atanacio ‏@sonofbiznit 28m
Vacation turned interesting when you see 2 blonde girls kidnapping people holding an amazing race paper. lolz. #spain

Switching back all search terms from Portuguese to Spanish again. I'll be posting under transportation the Santiago-Lisbon flights that match perfectly by giving Phil an advantage on teams and with the 1.5 teams sighting.

Just a feeling but I think Norway is just not us.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »
This my time/distance supposition:

Leg1 JUNE 09 LAX >> flight >> DFW/MIA >> flight >> SCL
Leg1 JUNE 10 SCL >> flight >> IQQ 1500km PIT STOP
Leg2 JUNE 11 IQQ >> bus >> Location A 500km >> bus >> SCL 1600km (24hr ride)
Leg2 JUNE 12 >> bus/drive >> Location B 60km PIT STOP
Leg3 JUNE 13 Location B >> bus/drive >> SCL 60km >> flight out of Chile for Phil
Leg3 JUNE 14 Phil arrives in LIS // Teams depart for LIS
Leg3 JUNE 15 LIS (Spec from this point on) PIT STOP
Leg4 JUNE 16 Portugal>>Spain

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »

The Svolvaer picture was taken 5 hous ago from this exact minute, I have asked the poster about the details, hopefully he will share a bit of story on what's really happening there..

5PM  is very different info from "the teams arrived at midnight"

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=6&day=16&year=2013&p1=25&p2=133&p3=187&iv=0

Was this 5PM Solvaer time or your time or board time? Please clarify, in this case it makes a difference.

My time.. Sorry, GMT +8..
Or otherwise he posted it moments after he saw the actual sighting...

It is difficult to confirm which group they are,..

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2013, 08:09:31 PM »
I will never get this, lol.

Let's try this...WHat time did he see teams in Norway?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »
I'm trying to remember if TAR was at that exact plaza on a prior visit, maybe TAR 3?

It sounds familiar.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
I went to wiki to look and see, And WOW! I had totally forgotten that they had done SIntra before, lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_3#Leg_4_.28Scotland.2C_UK_.E2.86.92_Portugal.29
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2013, 10:05:53 PM »

:(  Not really seeing much into this Norway sighting.  Could be The Amazing Race Norge, the locally produced Amazing Race in Norway.  Or maybe not....

Amazing Race Norge info 

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2013, 12:06:47 AM »
If it is plausible (based on the flight schedules and times) for our Race to be in Norway at this time, than I don't see why we should as yet discount it. To me those two teams shown in the Norway picture could very easily be Team Boston (note the color of her backpack and the speck of a possible yellow bandana in the back - their team color) and Team African-American/Interracial Couple (they have darker blue backpacks than Team Boston).

However, if the lady in the front of the picture is not the lady from Team Boston, then I will doubt that this is our race, as we have no other team with that color configuration that has a female member (unless there are 12 teams, which is doubtful).

The picture is so poor quality though that skin tone and other features are really hard to make out. :gaah:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:11:28 AM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »
We could use this right now (just to feel like we know something): :lol3:

Teams who made it to Leg 3:
Team Cheerleaders F/F
Team Afghanimals M/F*

Teams who survived Leg 1:
Team Cheerleaders F/F
Team Bingo M/M
Team Afghanimals M/M
Team Interracial / African-American Couple M/F
Team African-American M/M
Team Red/Pink with black bags F/F

Possibly Eliminated:
Team Pink/Blonde Hair M/F*
Team Older Couple M/F
Team Blue M/M
Team Boston M/F - Don't have a CONFIRMED sighting of them yet.
Team Duck Dynasty M/M

*Note: I'm feeling 99% sure that the lone guy in the photo below is actually from the Afghanimals team, not the pink/blonde hair team. Second photo for comparison.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:27:10 AM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis