Author Topic: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 285609 times)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
I'm guessing they will due Brazil because of the World Cup next year. And maybe they can do some sort of task relating to Confederations Cup which starts Saturday.

Brazil is better off as a first two legs country (TAR2, TAR9, TAR13) than a later leg country (TAR18/UB).

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »
I kind of have a feeling that Santiago isn't the final destination, I'm thinking there might be a domestic flight to somewhere in Chile.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
So the teams are heading to Chile!  I hope they go to Brazil next -- and maybe visit Manaus!  I used it for my Fantasy Amazing Race story and my Amazing Race:  Winner's Edition game/story, so I hope it gets used for real!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »
A couple of thoughts to keep in mind, based on past seasons:

If there's one flight headed to Dallas as a connector there's often a second flight that connects via Miami if the teams are headed to South America.

This is one time where the producers' past behavior was a total predictor. And yes, they have used Dulles for a South American connection, although I would have to go through all those seasons to tell you when.

I have no problems with Chile or southern Argentina; both are very beautiful areas and the show has had some excellent legs there. I would love to see the library detour task return as a Switchback -- it was a great task the first time around, and I'd enjoy seeing that one again.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hinagiku

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
It would be interesting if they travel to somewhere such as Arica since TAR has never visited that particular northern part of Chile.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »
I would LOVE to see Easter Island... but i guess that's a little difficult.  :'(

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
In regards to moving onto Brazil, I don't think it'll happen, or they at least will stay away from some cities, due to the confederations cup. It would make more sense to visit next season anyways, since the leg will air closer to the actual date of the World Cup.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »
And are we 100% sure on Chile?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »
My understanding is that Chateau got confirmation of Chile through the money exchange at LAX.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »
I'm guessing they will due Brazil because of the World Cup next year. And maybe they can do some sort of task relating to Confederations Cup which starts Saturday.

This is about the 20th season in a row where someone has said "<Big Sporting Event> is about to happen in <insert city or country here>. I'm guessing TAR will go there."

It NEVER happens. They may go to Brazil this season, but it won't have anything to do with next years World Cup or the Confederations Cup. If they do anything soccer/futbol related in Brazil, the description will be generic. "Brazil is a soccer mad country. At this roadblock, teams must score on a penalty kick, etc."

If they go to a World Cup venue, it will be a few seasons down the road after the World Cup has been held.

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
Domestic? Why? It's my understanding that everytime the race comes to SouthAmerica they do in on summer. Corect me if i'm wrong but this may be the first time for a winter visit, and if that is the case, I see 2 possibilities:

1 From Santiago they would go to the ski resorts in the andes (just a couple of hours away), as we are in snow season. I can't think of any other place in Chile that couldn't be visited during summer.

2 Then, somehow, going to MacchuPicchu or the andean Bolivia. The weather in summer in those places makes them hard to visit, while winter is pleasent.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
I also speculate there's gonna be only one leg in Chile. They usually only spent one leg in first destination in odd-numbered seasons

Domestic? Why? It's my understanding that everytime the race comes to SouthAmerica they do in on summer. Corect me if i'm wrong but this may be the first time for a winter visit, and if that is the case, I see 2 possibilities:

1 From Santiago they would go to the ski resorts in the andes (just a couple of hours away), as we are in snow season. I can't think of any other place in Chile that couldn't be visited during summer.

2 Then, somehow, going to MacchuPicchu or the andean Bolivia. The weather in summer in those places makes them hard to visit, while winter is pleasent.

It's gonna be interesting to visit South America in winter <333 I'm really looking forward to it.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:26 AM »
Thanks, you guys are unbelievably fantastic. I love the name team duck dynasty.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 02:05:19 AM »
I swear, if this ends up being just another stinking Chile/Argentina combo, I might just :tantrum

The only *potentially* redeeming thing of that is the slim, outside chance that they do a chocolate finding/meat eating Switchback in there somewhere.

Two quality tasks right there.

However, I find that very unlikely...

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
Just came back from school, and this already started! :hrt:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »
My understanding is that Chateau got confirmation of Chile through the money exchange at LAX.

You sure they didn't confuse Chilean peso with Brazilian real and they are actually going to Brazil?  :lol3:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:25 AM »
I also speculate there's gonna be only one leg in Chile. They usually only spent one leg in first destination in odd-numbered seasons.
It's been 3 years that they didn't visit Chile, since season 16. So, I think that there will be two legs in there because Chile has more to serve. :)

Anyway, where is the Starting Line?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:57 AM »
Iquique is a great place of the want to continue to Bolivia or Peru in car, by bus or plane (to Bolivia).

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:17:05 AM by -mxn- »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

If they go to Macchu Picchu, I'll flip!  I had the teams go there for the Pit Stop in my Amazing Race:  Winner's Edition game/story!

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
I was also thinking Peru, since Iquique is in Northern Chile.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
Iquique has flights to destinations in Chile only besides La Paz, Bolivia.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
I wonder if there is going to be another season 7 or 13-style route again. After Chile, it looks like Peru's side of Lake Titicaca or Arequipa will be visited.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline jlim201

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
Where was the starting line?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »
Where was the starting line?

For the 47474739th time its not known atm :tup:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 05:51:33 PM »
I am excited about Chile again. If Season 16 really is the last time it was visited, than it is definitely due!

I am totally wondering what happened to the 11th team. I really hope there aren't only 10 teams! The only thing worse would be another Starting Line elimination. (Please, no!)

However, it is entirely possible that the 11th team just slipped by without being noticed. Maybe they were grouped with all the other teams the entire time they were at the airport, and nobody noticed that they were a separate team. :lol:

As for the route, what they should do to be unpredictable is make a jump from South America to Africa. I don't think that has ever happened before - normally it's a jump to Europe!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis