Author Topic: TAR 23 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 64146 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 23 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:13:50 PM »

Any and all LOCATION spoilers and the discussion of the PLACES and FILMING SITES of TAR 23 should go here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 23 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
Saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
Saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
Iquique is one of the most importants cities in the north of our country. As you know is sorrounded by the desert and it has many interesting places inside and ouside the city. If i have to think in an extreme challange (like in many first legs), would be something like paragliding. There are a lot of high cliffs ariound the city.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:35:21 PM by -mxn- »

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
I've asked this on Speculation thread, but I'll ask on this thread too... Where is the Starting Line? Does anyone know? :) :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »
I've asked this on Speculation thread, but I'll ask on this thread too... Where is the Starting Line? Does anyone know? :) :)

I guess everyone was so happy it started, they didn't care about it anymore.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »

I asked somebody in production but they wouldn't tell me.   :'(
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »
Since there were no updates on the LA starting line, it may be like season 20 (Bridlewood Winery; Santa Barbara) when the starting line is in a weird location. Long Beach or Simi Valley perhaps? ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
Since there were no updates on the LA starting line, it may be like season 20 (Bridlewood Winery; Santa Barbara) when the starting line is in a weird location. Long Beach or Simi Valley perhaps? ???

Long Beach is not weird! Its my hometown. ITS EPIC!!!

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:37 AM »
Past but somehow recent pictures and video of paragliding in Iquique.

http://youtu.be/Q-OV5oSPPac

Quote: "Los vuelos duran entre 20 a 30 minutos en el aire dependiendo de las condiciones meteorológicas de cada día. Los vuelos se realizan desde  nuestro despegue de Alto Hospicio ubicado a 490 mts. sobre el nivel  del mar y dependiendo de las condiciones haremos un plan de vuelo  para fijar  nuestro aterrizaje que puede ser en una de nuestras tres playas de Iquique. (Playa Huayquique, Playa Brava o Playa Cavancha)."

Flights last between 20-30 minutes in the air depending on daily weather conditions. Flights take place from our "take-off" at Alto Hospicio, 490 metres above sea level and depending on conditions we will make a flight plan to set our landing which may be in one of our three beaches in Iquique. (Huayquique Beach, Playa Brava or Cavancha Beach).

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »
Thanks to docol...

Pit Stop Leg-1 Plaza Prat, Chile :

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
This is what I got from using OCR(Character recognition from an image) and then had a rough google translation

AMERICAN REALITY "THE AMAZING RACE"
Shoot scenes in Iquique
g This is the fifth time the show No one visits the country. Episodes are from season 23
• Eleazar Salinas Granados esolinasg @ estrellaiquiqued One of the most rec-nocidos realities of the United States and abroad,-The Amazing Race ", reached the city-ity to record an episode of the season 23. At Iquique, the Divide -pants were rec-rriendo Plaza Prat (meeting place of the contestants with the program director, Phil Keoghan and national model.) Centenario Market, the Park Ban-deras, among other sites. A city came eight couples who had to overcome various clues in order to take flight to another destination, which was not revealed by the pmducción, having a confidentiality agreement even between-gar also declined over the amount of data people in the production or the contestants. course, at least 50 people were come-fil-sea for the moments of each of the partners comes up with a cameraman and a sonidi st to to capture each of the moments
SOME ARTICIPANTS, WAITING FOR GIVING THE GAME
this race in which recom-rren different countries.
I Amazing CHILE nuances' already visited with the country participating in the growing seasons 7, 11 and 16, which visited the Metropolitan Region (Santiago and the airport of that city-ness), the region Anto- spends (Calama, San Pedro de Atacama and Chuquicamata-mata), Los Lagos and Ma-Magallanes and Antarctica chi-lena (Puerto Montt, Uni-
versity of Los Lagos, Punta Arenas, Magallanes and Antarctica) and the region of Valparaiso and Los Lagos (Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and Puerto Varas, then go to Bariloche). In Santiago, one of the hosts was June-to the driver was known manner model Pamela Diaz, who was in the Cerro Santa Lucia, dressed in ro-pa Mapuche ca-da telling one of the participants who came " welcome to Chile ".

mercado centenario(I can't find Park Banderas but im sure someone else will)

Maybe "parque de las banderas" (Park of the flags) is this one:

Parque de las Americas
People in Iquique call it "parque de las banderas".

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
Paragliders' take-off strip in the town of Alto Hospicio:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »

Long Beach is not weird! Its my hometown. ITS EPIC!!!
Well... not typical. ;) The starting lines usually start in or near major cities like Chicago (6), Los Angeles (4, 12, 13, 15, 16, 22), and Seattle (10). If there was a Long Beach starting line, there would definitely be nearby closures you, a resident, probably would have noticed. I am suggesting they might have started the race at a less populous city. Maybe Laguna Beach...
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 12:13:49 AM »
Sintra... am Liking this!!

World UNESCO Heritage site

See here for more:
http://www.all-about-portugal.com/one-day-in-sintra/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
TAR has done a phenomenal job of not being seen this time. Or being seen in multiple places at the same time. How did they do that? Very clever. But where in the world is TAR now? Keeps us guessing.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »

Confirmed Phil was in Lisbon...

Posted approx. 2 days ago (from my time GMT+8, 9.22AM now)

@my_travel_photo_journal

"With Amazing Race host, Phil Keoghan, what are chances of meeting him here!?"

Detect the exact spot guys... Lisbon town square maybe?

This is the Monumento a los Descubridores. It is a sort of square just in the river. There are two world globes like that, one at each side of the monumento. It is in the neighbourhood of Belem. There is a huge plaza not far from there, the Torre de Belem, the Monasterio de los Jeronimos, some sort of cultural centre, and a harbour.

PS. When we went there, my mom just sat on the white structure below the globe you can see in the further part of the picture.

BTW, I just did not read Boingo's reply. Yes, it is there. :)

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
Btw, Torre de Belém was the pitstop in Portugal in TAR3 :) But is in fact one of the best places to finish a leg of the race...and it makes sense if they went to Sintra. However, maybe Phil just wanted to visit the city and eat our fantastic Pastéis de Belém that are sold in a shop nearby the Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos :) )

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »
If the show is filming, Phil doesn't have time to sight see, he's said that himself in one way or another on numerous occasions. He'd be there to either film a location stand-up to introduce the next leg, or a clue marker, or a pit stop. We don't see the pit stop mat, but it is possible that is out of camera view, along with production.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »
The pasteis de nata shop is just across the road though (if Phil is waiting for teams), and it's oh so good! :)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:39 AM »
If the show is filming, Phil doesn't have time to sight see, he's said that himself in one way or another on numerous occasions. He'd be there to either film a location stand-up to introduce the next leg, or a clue marker, or a pit stop. We don't see the pit stop mat, but it is possible that is out of camera view, along with production.

I have tried to find another angle from that site on the exact day as the picture shown, but found no luck.. There was though, one picture with people mingling in the middle of the square but couldn't see much because it's too far and the pixel gets blurred..

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Happy Wanderer

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fantasy Game Lurker
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:41 PM »

Can you see it guys?
It's our crew with the extended-filming equipment at the Palace in Vienna,

This picture was taken approx. 1hr20mins ago from across the water at Gloriette Cafe..

@__archi__

Looks like a pit stop.
Seen all 22 seasons of The Amazing Race

Amazing Race R: Monica & Joanne, Sorority Sisters

Amazing Race Design Challenge V Competitor

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
Should be a Pit Stop! Cool Europe part this time!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard