Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**

<< < (15/18) > >>

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ianthebalance on August 31, 2013, 01:49:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on August 31, 2013, 01:39:22 PM ---Can we NOT start or finish in California at all for just one season? :groan:

--- End quote ---

I don't get the big deal. California is a great place with a lot of diversity. Its just a starting line  :crazy:

--- End quote ---
I loved starting lines during the early TAR seasons when teams began racing in renowned places with significant statial uniqueness. New York is famous for its beautiful Central Park, Nevada is known for its flat plains and mountainous lands, South Florida is known for the Everglades National Park, teams paid a visit to Santa Monica's infamous amusement pier, Chicago locals know the enormous beauty of Buckingham Fountain, and Gas Works made a rare sighting to see all of downtown Seattle. I miss these types of unique starting lines when it intrigued me to visit there.
Just to name a couple from L.A. County starting lines, TAR16: A random park in New York or Washington could do justice also with a public transportation twist. TAR19: The temple doesn't really make want to visit there although it hints at the Taiwan visit in the first leg. TAR21: Why did they choose that particular bridge? Does it really serve any purpose in defining Los Angeles? TAR22: It's so crowded on the Griffith Observatory roof that Meghan tripped. Although I feel mixed with this starting line, it didn't really make me say, "I want to go there!" As for the film ranch, not excited to see teams start in a random production studio in a random L.A. County city.

Great Salt Lake/Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah (near Salt Lake City Int'l Airport), the Sonoran Desert in Arizona (near Phoenix Sky Harbour Int'l Airport), and the rocket launch pad at NASA (near Houston Intercontinental Airport) would serve as unique starting lines, and there is no fee necessary to enter 2 of 3 of those locations. I'm just disappointed in the people creating the routes that they just choose a start line in L.A. without bothering going anywhere else and go. :(

Chateau d If:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on August 31, 2013, 03:12:15 PM --- TAR21: Why did they choose that particular bridge?

--- End quote ---

Because they knew I would see it while driving around town!   :funny:

Boingo:

FWIW, there's more to Melody Ranch studio than first appears....  :colors

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yj1QJWVJnBQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US

north09:
I think they've just decided to continue starting in LA because that's where their headquarterd and is home to a major international airport. For spoiler purposes, I'm fine with it. We always get pictures of most of the teams at LAX.

Chateau d If:

--- Quote from: north09 on September 01, 2013, 02:27:06 PM ---I think they've just decided to continue starting in LA because that's where their headquarterd and is home to a major international airport. For spoiler purposes, I'm fine with it. We always get pictures of most of the teams at LAX.

--- End quote ---

Yeah RIGHT !!   :groan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version