Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**

<< < (4/18) > >>

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ianthebalance on June 10, 2013, 07:53:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on June 10, 2013, 02:49:37 PM ---Since there were no updates on the LA starting line, it may be like season 20 (Bridlewood Winery; Santa Barbara) when the starting line is in a weird location. Long Beach or Simi Valley perhaps? ???

--- End quote ---

Long Beach is not weird! Its my hometown. ITS EPIC!!!

--- End quote ---
Well... not typical. ;) The starting lines usually start in or near major cities like Chicago (6), Los Angeles (4, 12, 13, 15, 16, 22), and Seattle (10). If there was a Long Beach starting line, there would definitely be nearby closures you, a resident, probably would have noticed. I am suggesting they might have started the race at a less populous city. Maybe Laguna Beach...

georgiapeach:
Sintra... am Liking this!!

World UNESCO Heritage site

See here for more:
http://www.all-about-portugal.com/one-day-in-sintra/

couchracer:
TAR has done a phenomenal job of not being seen this time. Or being seen in multiple places at the same time. How did they do that? Very clever. But where in the world is TAR now? Keeps us guessing.

David:

--- Quote from: ZouLy on June 17, 2013, 08:25:44 PM ---
Confirmed Phil was in Lisbon...

Posted approx. 2 days ago (from my time GMT+8, 9.22AM now)

@my_travel_photo_journal

"With Amazing Race host, Phil Keoghan, what are chances of meeting him here!?"

Detect the exact spot guys... Lisbon town square maybe?

--- End quote ---

This is the Monumento a los Descubridores. It is a sort of square just in the river. There are two world globes like that, one at each side of the monumento. It is in the neighbourhood of Belem. There is a huge plaza not far from there, the Torre de Belem, the Monasterio de los Jeronimos, some sort of cultural centre, and a harbour.

PS. When we went there, my mom just sat on the white structure below the globe you can see in the further part of the picture.

BTW, I just did not read Boingo's reply. Yes, it is there. :)

Stylemikro:
Btw, Torre de Belém was the pitstop in Portugal in TAR3 :) But is in fact one of the best places to finish a leg of the race...and it makes sense if they went to Sintra. However, maybe Phil just wanted to visit the city and eat our fantastic Pastéis de Belém that are sold in a shop nearby the Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version