Author Topic: TAR 23 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation  (Read 159855 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
I'm not sure I have a lot of insight about the longhairs, but I'd tend to rule out them being miners. I think that would put a lot of dirt on the cap (especially coal mining), but I think most miners would be wearing hard hats, so it's unlikely he would wear the cap too or that it would have that dirt pattern. Oil workers, maybe? Though I think the hat would be dirtier and probably unwashable.

The Carhartt jeans would suggest some kind of outdoor blue collar work like construction, logging, farming/ranching or hunting.  It probably doesn't go along with rockers or metalheads. Someone mentioned sawmill workers and that's possible, but having long hair around powerful and rapidly spinning machines sounds like a bad mix.

Don Task

« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
Dont you know if there is a tool to compare and list Facebook mutual friends? It would be MUCH easier to simply put into this tool links for 10 racers profiles we know and if there will be some mutual friends... it has something to do with the Race.

I think we would get the results much quicker...

No offence, but after seeing some of this mystery team photos I got one interesting idea. It would be very interesting to follow a team of homeless people on  their journey around the world in The Amazing Race. For example a couple of homeless people who were never out of the US... do you remember Dreamz from Survivor, right?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:55:17 PM by Don Task »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2013, 07:15:54 AM »
Dont you know if there is a tool to compare and list Facebook mutual friends? It would be MUCH easier to simply put into this tool links for 10 racers profiles we know and if there will be some mutual friends... it has something to do with the Race.

I think we would get the results much quicker...

No offence, but after seeing some of this mystery team photos I got one interesting idea. It would be very interesting to follow a team of homeless people on  their journey around the world in The Amazing Race. For example a couple of homeless people who were never out of the US... do you remember Dreamz from Survivor, right?

I said the same thing! It could be possible seeing as there is no other pictures of them or names even and they both seem to have made no social media contact with other racers?  :nut: :nut:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
I hope this team has a sense of humor.  :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline J3nn

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:51 PM »
Team Blue/Boston - the girl looks a lot like Miss Massachusetts Amanda Narciso.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »
Team Blue/Boston - the girl looks a lot like Miss Massachusetts Amanda Narciso.

:hiya J3nn, and  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!

The team Boston is Amy Diaz & Jason Case. Check here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28795.msg898215.html#msg898215

We still need to identify one team, so your help will be appreciate.  :)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
I'm currently thinking tattooist or possibly even lawyer. Abba from TAR21 was a music manager, not part of a band. The "Longhair Don't Care 2" could easily reside in California since they look like a 90% recruited team. They don't look as regular people like cousins, brothers, or boyfriends to me...

Does anyone know when the TAR23 cast will be released? I heard it was 20 days before the premiere date.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
Survivor cast reveal was today, TAR will most likely be next week. :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »
I wonder if the long hairs are miners. Lots of Alaskan guys have beards, but not hair that long.
Maybe California miners. Gems or gold. Just a thought.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
Can I ask out of curiosity when was the last time a time was not identified?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »
Often, lol. We are honored and blessed when we find any, much less all!! Having 10 of 11 is awesome.

But we all would like to find this last team before the reveal, so if anyone has any hints, please let us know!

Male/Male. One with a wedding ring. Believed to be father/son. Unusual shirt logo. (I thought sure this would help us...)

Not much time left!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »
I think I may have a close find to one of the longhairs. His name's Cody Stauber. Questionable enough, Ashley Covert (Team Kings) liked his Twitter page and he doesn't have that many followers or followings. It may be a coincidence, but it looks like a match with one of the longhairs' faces. Don't have much more info though. Getting to sleep now. :gnite: *hopes*

Show content

If it's wrong, feel free to delete the post.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »
I think I may have a close find to one of the longhairs. His name's Cody Stauber. Questionable enough, Ashley Covert (Team Kings) liked his Twitter page and he doesn't have that many followers or followings. It may be a coincidence, but it looks like a match with one of the longhairs' faces. Don't have much more info though. Getting to sleep now. :gnite: *hopes*

Show content

If it's wrong, feel free to delete the post.

You can see through his facebook page, he works at LA Kings Ice Crew, that's why he's related to Ashley Covert, so I have to say it doesn't match. But nice try Rachel!  :)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
I agree, it looks a lot like Cody, even some of the facial expressions. But it is hard to imagine Cody being as scruffy as the long hairs. Maybe the eyes are not quite a match. Good job  though.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »
Last autumn TAR premiered on September 30th and the cast release was on August 28th.
This season the premiere is on September 29th, ergo we could have the release tomorrow, August 27th.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Last chance to find the long hairs!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zzunk

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »
I don't know the identity of the longhairs, but I might have a lead on the orange baseball cap ...

I have a similar orange cap from Cabela's, where the logo is sewed on and the edges of the logo patch are intentionally tattered.

I think the dark staining on longhairs' cap is just dirt and sweat-grime, since the darkest tones are the fabric between the seams and where fingers grab on it. 

Given how dirty the cap is, I am guessing they are loggers, ranchers or dope growers.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to find a team woth Google Image Search? I know the photos posted here are not that great quality but maybe with a little luck something will be found?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2013, 01:37:18 AM »
Thanks everyone for trying! I still think orange caps could mean hunters, it will be fun to see!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:51 AM »
Thanks everyone for trying! I still think orange caps could mean hunters, it will be fun to see!

I typed in Cabela on google search and got hunting photographs, and its a Nebraska company...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
To be honest, they do not look overly strong, which kind of makes me doubt they are tree fellers or miners, but I could be wrong.
Hopefully the reveal will be today.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »
Cold Blue Mountain

Brandon Squyres

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #324 on: August 30, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »

All the blame on me, Peach, for not finding them on time. I was checking FB periodically and I missed Brandon on the Tim Winniger list of recent friends.  :'( 
Doing today a re-check, I found it there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:10:55 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez