Author Topic: American Idol Top 3  (Read 17110 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Top 3
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »
I thought Candice had the best homecoming but Kree's and her sister's visit to their empty home was heartbreaking. It was obvious that they want Kree gone and a Candice/Angie final 2. It won't matter for Kree though, she will have a great career on her own.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »
I like this F3 a lot and would be heartbroken to see anyone of them go. Honestly, I am going to say I am rooting for Kree and Angie because I want the show to continue on... if Candice win, I know she's going to be yet another normal winner (Fantasia etc) who doesn't have a big career. Kree and Angie on the other hand will have higher chances than Candice. I know I'm being unfair here because Candice is obviously the best singer of the three.. but to be an American Idol you need the package and the X factor and likability factor.. which Candice lacks.. :( Sigh.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »
OMG WHAT THE HECK???????????????????

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
I am actually in shock... I was sure it was going to be Angie and someone else in the final! I haven't even considered a finale without her!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I am actually in shock... I was sure it was going to be Angie and someone else in the final! I haven't even considered a finale without her!

I am shocked and disappointed.  I don't even care about next week now.   :'(

I never thought that this could happen. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
Omg guys, sorry all the performances videos were removed! :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
Lol. I was guessing it might be Angie out the whole day yesterday too. Things happen. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
I'm guessing the credibility of American Idol goes to zero after this season. :lol3:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 12:51:23 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWIPNP5Zu0c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NWIPNP5Zu0c</a>

Tough to watch. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »
I wasn't really sad that Angie went home (AND I'M A HUGE ANGIE FAN), because as a rationale person ( :lol3: ), I think all 3 of them DESERVED to be in the Top 2 and after Janelle went, her votes went to Kree and after Amber went, her votes went to Candice... so obviously, Angie is the only one without any much transferring of votes.

The thing is, it all came down to votes and destiny. If God didn't want Angie to win, he probably thinks that it's better for America to remember Angie as the person who deserved to be in the Top 2 and didn't make it (UNFAIR, UNJUST) and probably she will have a huge career like JHud, ChrisD and such. Imagine if she's in the finale, but she got owned by Candice and people remember her better as the second loser, her career won't pick up anyway. So I know Angie is going to be fine and know that God has the best plans for her.

19 Entertainment will sign Angie up in about 1 to 2 months anyway. Just you wait. :lol3:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 05:28:15 AM »
'American Idol' reveals its top 2 with a shocking elimination

“American Idol” has been light on surprises all season, but delivered its most shocking result on Thursday night.

Candice Glover was the first singer to earn her spot in next week’s finale, which wasn’t a surprise. The unexpected result came next when Kree Harrison joined her in celebration, leaving teenager Angie Miller as the third-place finisher.

Angie hasn't been in the bottom three all season, while Candice and Kree have been in the bottom two within the two previous weeks. Kree even got the “whatever happens tomorrow ...” speech from the judges after her third performance on Wednesday, the usual sign that they think the results are obvious. It’s certainly the same message that Amber Holcomb received the week before, just before her own elimination.

But instead, it was Angie who left, and the teenager who has had a smile on her face all season -- who even reacted gracefully when Lazaro Arbos left her hanging with a brutal performance in their duet a month ago -- had to try and compose herself. She cried during the video montage, got herself together momentarily, and then broke down during her final performance of Colton Dixon’s “Never Gone” as her family and friends rushed the stage to console her.

(A silver lining for Angie’s mother: This probably means her son can go ahead and shave his “playoff beard.”)

Mariah Carey looked overjoyed. The other three judges huddled for a moment, looking like they were marveling at what happened.

(That wasn’t the only drama involving the judges. Early in the show, Ryan Seacrest walked behind the podium as he told the viewers, “A little later on we’ll reveal who’s leaving our show.” He stopped and stared pointedly at Randy Jackson, who made some random noises. “A little heads up?” Ryan asked)

Jimmy Iovine may have inadvertently put his finger on the reason for Angie's surprising exit, noting that while she sang well Wednesday, she missed out on the opportunity to have one of those elusive “moments” that the judges are always talking about. As both he and the panel pointed out, she decided not to sit behind the piano, where her star has shone the brightest. Angie replied that it was because with three solos to perfect and not much time to prepare, she wasn’t confident she could learn the part.

A reasonable point, but that left her at a disadvantage when Candice brought the house down as she closed the show with “Somewhere.” But still, most thought Angie had done enough to earn the other slot.

As for Kree, perhaps viewers saw her hometown visit, where she and her sister went back to the home they were living in when their parents died, as something they couldn’t ignore. Her tragic backstory is much more compelling than that of Angie, who’s probably about to have the same kind of career as the third-place finisher that she’d have had if she had won.

Kree and Candice were definitely the two looking the most tense onstage while waiting for the results. Angie, smiling, looked like she didn’t have a care in the world. But as the final few minutes showed, she actually cared very much that she’ll now have to watch her two friends compete for the title next week.

Did the right two advance to the finale? Tell us what you think in the comments!

Source: http://www.today.com/entertainment/american-idol-reveals-its-top-2-shocking-elimination-1C9870946

Personally, I'm really disappointed that Angie was eliminated. This is the second time that I was really sad when someone failed to reach the final 3 (the first is Melinda Doolittle (season 6)). :'(
After reading that article, somehow I think that we missed the second thing that might be the reason of people voting for someone that I think has mediocre voice (sorry Kree fans) other than good looking, which is the backstory of the contestant. I can say this because in Indonesia, many singing competitions have mediocre winner JUST because the winner's backstory, like from really poor family, etc.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 07:37:19 AM »
Dang, I try to not bring it up. I know Americans have a lot of compassion but ultimately, country music fans on American Idol has always been a force to be recognized. Look at how country singers like Carrie, Crystal (maybe), Scotty, Lauren etc made it so far into the competition... you will know how much votes they get into the competition each year.

The background story is a plus, but look at Angie... Angie is partially deaf as well (although not mentioned in the homecoming video). If true fans of the show are really compassionate, Angie would have gotten a fair amount of votes too.

And not to forget, Kree's hometown is HUGE. Look at her whole theater of fans, as compared to Angie's "small field" and Candice's "huge backyard". With the crowd.. I sort of knew that Angie would somehow be in trouble, but I preferred to be blinded by the statistics on Youtube. Turns out, if you want to compare fans all over the world, Angie might have an upper hand. But just in America alone, I think Candice and Kree's fans prevails.

That said, I don't think it's any shocking elimination as they all expected Kree to go as they kept throwing her under the bus. But honestly, I knew Kree isn't going anywhere. Her hometown adores her and the backstory and her true sincere voice and everything.. I knew she was a shoo in into the finals. It was a matter of fact between Angie and Candice and when I knew Candice was the first person announced into the finals... Knew that it was game over for Angie.

:(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
I didn't know that Angie has a hearing problem. I think that a lot of people (me included) didn't vote because we thought she was a shoe-in. :*(

I haven't felt this bad in a long time. Melinda Dolittle should have had a chance.. she didn't She didn't fit the marketing model. IMO.

Jessica Sanchez was another who didn't make it but at least she made it to the final two.  I really don't care about watching next week. Either one have their own good and bad points but they weren't my favorite and my interest has died. The only good thing is that Angie can now do her own thing and she will do just fine!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
I didn't know that Angie has a hearing problem. I think that a lot of people (me included) didn't vote because we thought she was a shoe-in. :*(

I haven't felt this bad in a long time. Melinda Dolittle should have had a chance.. she didn't She didn't fit the marketing model. IMO.

Jessica Sanchez was another who didn't make it but at least she made it to the final two.  I really don't care about watching next week. Either one have their own good and bad points but they weren't my favorite and my interest has died. The only good thing is that Angie can now do her own thing and she will do just fine!
Yeah.. I just noticed about Angie's hearing problem like yesterday, when I read some AI reviews. I hope she'll get a contract soon and get famous! :luvya:

Don't forget Pia Toscano! Her elimination I think is one of the most shocking elimination (especially for an early boot)..

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »
I don't care who wins at the finale either. I'm rooting for Kree only because AI sucks (a little of VFTW mentality) and is trying to throw Kree under the bus WEEKS AFTER WEEKS after all the boys were eliminated. I feel so bad for this girl and just want her to win to officially piss off the producers and everything.

Angie is the only winner in my heart this season. :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152852720340601&set=a.10150593297330601.677938.123984435600&type=1

You all should see the amount of Angie fans that suddenly appeared out of no where. With every like and heartbreaking comment, and if everyone of them voted at least 50 times, I think we could have a 100 million votes for Angie alone. :lol3:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152852720340601&set=a.10150593297330601.677938.123984435600&type=1

You all should see the amount of Angie fans that suddenly appeared out of no where. With every like and heartbreaking comment, and if everyone of them voted at least 50 times, I think we could have a 100 million votes for Angie alone. :lol3:
If they extend the voting so not only Americans can vote (and prolong the voting deadline), maybe I'll vote... :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »
I tried to vote but a big "AMERICANS ONLY" notice appeared on the website and I'm like. Okay can. I tried to use proxy and managed to tweak my IP to get in 50 votes for Angie... but what is 50 votes when compared to the millions that Angie probably lacked?

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
Angie Miller Reveals A Record Deal is in The Works (VIDEO)

American Idol 12 finalist, Angie Miller revealed during a press day interview with New York City radio station, WPLJ, that a record deal with Interscope (presumably) is in the works, and that we would learn details sooner rather than later!

On talks with a label, Angie says, “They’re starting now, and I think…everything will be finalized after the finale.”

“That quick!” asked the DJ.  ”Yeah, that quick,” Angie replied. “I am so excited, you have no idea!”

Watch the interview below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lg5l5cHQrjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lg5l5cHQrjY</a>

SOURCE

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »
Great news for Angie!  :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
Once with the record, and making sure that You Set Me Free is one of the songs.. Angie will be off and going before you know.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
It was for the best, she didn't chance coming in second, and if she had won she'd be tied to the AI contract. Go Angie! :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 06:47:19 AM »
You Set Me Free will be released tomorrow!