Archive > The Amazing Race 22

Joys and Disappointments of TAR 22

<< < (3/16) > >>

starrynight:
Casting has stank the last 2 seasons.  So frustrating the Australian one is on hiatus or been scrapped, the American one has been inferior in comparison ever since that ended.

Certainly some very quick tasks that teams finished in less than 5 minutes.  Also I hate ones where teams are just queued up, instead of being able to overtake each other.

gamerfan09:
JOYS:
-Teams were better than TAR 21 casting. Almost all the teams were likable.

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
-Roadblocks were 50/50 good and bad.
-Detours were either horribly unbalanced or boring to watch. (SCOTLAND. BOTSWANA.  :stare)
-The cheese Switchback wasn't as epic as TAR 14.
-A LOT of good teams were out first.
-MAXIE DIDNT WIN.  :'( :'( :'(

starrynight:
I wasn't that displeased with the early boot order, I was more worried about that in 21.

TARFANINDONESIA:
joys  :hearts:
- unpredictable
- leg in bali ( although the road block could've been better )
- Leg in germany ( could've been better if it was an elimination leg and there's a double u turn, but this is the third  best legs in the entire amazing race after ushuaia TAR 11 and xi an TAR 6)
- the teams are very diverse
- The locations are very diverse starting from tropical paradise, deserts, snowy mountains, asian evironment, etc )
-more drama than TAR 21
-thrilling and harder road blocks than TAR 21

disappointments :gaah:
- dave and connor leaving in vietnam ( because i love them, and by them leaving making the uturn very meaningless)
- leg botswana 1 sucks so bad, at least the second leg is much better
- bad detours ( VIETNAM, BOTSWANA 2, REALLY  !!)
-very predictable winners
- not very thrilling finale

starrynight:
A plus on this season was that I did have a team to root for in most of the season (Joey and Meghan).  Last season was a struggle rooting for anyone.

A negative is that the obsession with alliances just seems to be getting worse and worse.  We had some of it in season 20, but people were less like sheep then and didn't necessarily follow through with what Art and JJ wanted.  Now they are just sheep, and a weak team like the country girls get through the race based on the alliance.  Alliances probably cheat us at times of closer finishes and more unpredictability as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version