Archive > The Amazing Race 22

Joys and Disappointments of TAR 22

(1/16) > >>

Daniel:
I saw this thread in TARAus and I thought it would be fun to bring it here!

In my opinion:
Joys:
- GREAT route! One of the best of all time. (Bora Bora! New Zealand! Bali! Berlin!)
- The Germany night leg was one of the best legs in my opinion.
- A likable winner
- Strong teams were first boots, which makes this season unpredictable. Who would've thought the country girls and Chuck and Wynona could make it that far?
- Unpredictable teams made it far, starting from F6. (Except Bates & Anthony, of course.)

Disappointments:
- Tasks were not that great
- Casting was too OK. All the teams were likable, but where's the villains?
- Editing was bad, it's more like run, task, run, task, run, pit stop. I'd love to know the teams more, not just the tasks or the locations. Remember the days when they spent like 15 minutes on the airport?
- Heavy airtime of Dave & Connor in the first episodes. I love listening to their stories, but it's just way too much and it gets boring!
- Too much alliances.
- Switzerland leg was disappointing, especially because TAR always have GREAT Switzerland legs. (Season 3.. 14 premiere.. Unfinished business)
- No selling and eating tasks :'( (especially eating), and the tasks were quite easy.

Overall, I think this was a good season, but definitely not one of the best seasons of all time.

Declive:
Good one!

The one thing that makes me sad are those EASY Roadblocks.

Daniel:

--- Quote from: Declive on May 05, 2013, 10:13:59 PM ---Good one!

--- End quote ---

I know! Especially comparing to the last season's RBs. Where's the eating Roadblocks? Selling tasks? Tricky puzzle RBs like last season's timezones? This season's tasks were overall disappointing. The route is GREAT though!

Declive:

--- Quote from: Daniel on May 05, 2013, 10:24:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Declive on May 05, 2013, 10:13:59 PM ---Good one!

--- End quote ---

I know! Especially comparing to the last season's RBs. Where's the eating Roadblocks? Selling tasks? Tricky puzzle RBs like last season's timezones? This season's tasks were overall disappointing. The route is GREAT though!

--- End quote ---

Shemozzle , Phrase finding , Scorpion Hunting , Montain "Climbing" , Acid Trip and both those UK ones just make me want to throw up. SO EASY AAA

tarflyonthewall:
And the phrase finding was exactly the same "remember what you saw" task as the surfboards the leg before, as well.

Anyone else notice all of the terrible challenges this season were the Road Blocks?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version