Author Topic: Favorite Season Post UB  (Read 23838 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Favorite Season Post UB
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
edited for rudeness
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:23:42 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
1. TAR 20 <3333333333333333333333333333333333333

And it was the first race I saw, so lucky I chose that one with that cast, if it had been the following race for instance I might not have rushed to watch other seasons.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »
1) TAR 22 - awesome route, great teams, decent winner
2) TAR 20 - average route, awesome challenges/tasks, bad casts
3) TAR 19 - great route (Indonesia's first visit <333), bad challenges, not-memorable casts
4) TAR 21 - bad route (repeated countries </3), pretty good challenges, one of the worst winner IMO
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
JUST GOTTA SAY THAT THE SWITZERLAND LEG WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY MIND IT IS SO AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS AND... :colors :colors :colors

I did not like that leg. All the train equalizers made essentially the first half moot, plus lack of position changes at the RB kind of sucked, leaving only the cheese task to salvage the leg.

Sometimes, it's really not about the teams you know. :lol3: It's about what we see from the POV as a viewer. I watch The Amazing Race season after season for the views/scenery/locations that I know some of them I will never ever even get to visit in my life. The teams actions are secondary, always the locations first for me and Switzerland was breathtaking. Made me really really jealous of the teams. :colors

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
JUST GOTTA SAY THAT THE SWITZERLAND LEG WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY MIND IT IS SO AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS AND... :colors :colors :colors

I did not like that leg. All the train equalizers made essentially the first half moot, plus lack of position changes at the RB kind of sucked, leaving only the cheese task to salvage the leg.

Sometimes, it's really not about the teams you know. :lol3: It's about what we see from the POV as a viewer. I watch The Amazing Race season after season for the views/scenery/locations that I know some of them I will never ever even get to visit in my life. The teams actions are secondary, always the locations first for me and Switzerland was breathtaking. Made me really really jealous of the teams. :colors

In the scenery sense, you are 100% correct! Those views were amazing! :colors

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
Is tar22 leading the poll because it was the most recent season?

No, I think TAR22 is just better IMO.

addie

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »
Is tar22 leading the poll because it was the most recent season?

No, I think TAR22 is just way better IMO.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
I already posted my order, but I wanted to go into detail:

1. TAR 22 - This season had one of the best routes in a long time. From tropical islands to deserts to grasslands to snowy mountains to nighttime city-views to everything.. it was amazing. I also loved that strong teams went out early. Even though I loved the legs a lot, they were on a rollercoaster from good to bad to good to bad, but fortunately, mostly good! It started off in hot and beautiful Bora Bora for two legs off to New Zealand which wasn't so fun for me.. and onto Indonesia (again :res: ) but luckily it was probably the best Indonesia leg yet however consisting of the dumbest mistake ever of not utilizing the Express Pass! Vietnam was okay but its suspense was killed with Dave & Connor had quit in the first 10 minutes of the episode. Botswana 1 was a slight disappointment but 2 picked it right back up! Switzerland wasn't so great... but Berlin helped bring this season on point! Scotland and Northern Ireland were great as well. We finally went to D.C for a finale leg! It's too bad that it was pretty much luck and the competition wasn't so tight... but the winners were very deserving.
2. TAR 20 - This season kicked off with a quite boring first leg.. but was saved by Misa & Maiya who completely missed the Pit Stop! The season preview at the end of the first episode told me that this season was going to be great... especially the drama. I seriously loved the drama this season and that's what has been missing in recent Races! I also loved how none of the teams actually liked each other :lol: except poor Bopper & Mark and Nary & Jamie. Speaking of Nary & Jamie, they had what I thought the hardest Speed Bump to date.. Who can forget one of the best legs ever.. the third leg of the season? The tasks were so well-balanced and were all focused on skill and not luck - (watermelons, harp, bottles) - with an epic footrace of Vanessa & Ralph vs. Elliott & Andrew to the Pit Stop. Overall this season had a small touch of old-school TAR.. which is probably why I really liked it.
3. TAR 21 - Great teams (they seriously saved this season), airport drama, and basically drama among the teams as well
4. TAR 19 - I came around to re-watch some of this season a while back, and I don't really see why I disliked this season so much. I think this season got off to an okay start, only to be completely ruined by Thailand. The last 1/3 of the season or so when they touched Europe picked this season up.. I loved those legs! Panama was crazy in a good way, while the finale brought the season back down because it was so underwhelming.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
Teams and tasks are way more important than the scenery for me.  If I want a nature documentary I watch that.  It annoys me how they pick the Emmy nominated episode based on scenery.  It's meant to be a race.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
edited for rule violation
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:32:50 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:46 PM »
Some people on American forums want a dictatorship where everyone agrees with them, I've noticed that on the net.
Wow. Wonder where you've been. Everyone here respects people's opinions even though at times we may not agree with them. People debate to show people their reasoning, they don't force their opinions on anyone. You better think twice before coming at the most successful democracy in the world!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
Teams and tasks are way more important than the scenery for me.  If I want a nature documentary I watch that.  It annoys me how they pick the Emmy nominated episode based on scenery.  It's meant to be a race.

I just want to say.. Everyone have different reasons for watching TAR. For me, it's about the scenery. You can of course say you watch the teams for the tasks and the teams, but you don't have to go on and comment that if I wanted scenery I should have watched a documentary.

Just like how I can also comment that if you wanted a race, you can always watch Track and Field at the Olympics.  :lol3:

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
Mess.  :res:

Anyway, my reason for watching the Race is seeing the females kicking everyone's butt. Which is why I loved this season than the other 3.  ;)
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »

Anyway, my reason for watching the Race is seeing the females kicking everyone's butt. Which is why I loved this season than the other 3.  ;)

I like it when bottomgod teams go all the way too. Loved it when John and Jessica and Dave and Connor went home. Pamela and Winnie's elimination was shocking.. but wasn't too sad because I like Maxie and the country girls more. <3

Just wished that the country girls had been in the finale. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
I am deleting a lot of personal rude comments addressed to each other here.

THIS IS NOT TOLERATED AT RFF.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

SO THINK before you respond rudely to each other. These forums are to discuss the RACE, not insult each other's opinions. You can certainly RESPECTFULLY disagree.  If you can't manage that, then don't reply.

This rule is the CORE RULE of RFF. Break it at your peril.

And remember, if ANY of you feel any conversation gets out of hand, the use the report to moderator button instead of continuing an argument please, and let the mods handle it.

Thanks everyone!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »

I like it when bottomgod teams go all the way too.

Lumilia :hearts:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:11 AM »
I liked this season because of the unpredictability. Nobody would have guessed Caroline and Jennifer or the derby moms are making the Final 4 if they do not follow spoilers. Just as people expected Maxie to be a strong team from the beginning until they bottomgod (even a NEL)... all the way until only at Episode 9 where they finally picked up the momentum and won a leg. :lol3:

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
1. Season 22
After watching the whole season i ends up liking it.........I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAX & KATIE!!
the only thing sucked this season is the country singers-hockey players relationship. istg it makes me want to cringe and puke at the same time ew just stop it. The route is also awesome!! The labyrinth RB in Germany is definitely one of the most wicked RB ever

2. Season 20
Fun season. The challange is fun to watch (i love that watermelon challeange). Although the final 3 kinda sucked. I mean...i just can't bring myself to liked one member from each team (dave, JJ, rachel) while rachel, art and brendon are just fine i just cant stand their partner.

3. Season 21
It's painful to see Josh & Brent struggle almost in every leg yet the won the whole damn thing. Thanks god Jaymes & James + Twinnies are there to save the season

4. Season 19
lol did this season even exist
forgetable lol the only thing i can remember is the RB in Borobudur temple where they count the buddhist statue......it must be really hard creys
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »
1- 20
2- 21
3- 22
4- 19
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline Happy Wanderer

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fantasy Game Lurker
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
To me, it's 21. Good teams. Good race. The only thing I have against it is that they had 2 straight legs in the same city (Moscow). Not really a fan of those.
Seen all 22 seasons of The Amazing Race

Amazing Race R: Monica & Joanne, Sorority Sisters

Amazing Race Design Challenge V Competitor

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
Yeah I really dislike the 2 legs in 1 city thing. TAR 21 had a lot of great teams. My personal favorites were Trey & Lexi, Jaymes & James, James & Abba, and Abbie & Ryan. But there's plenty of people on here that really love NaNa and Josh & Brent. So it's pretty easy to say that S21 probably had the most likable cast.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
Don't forget the 2 legs in Dhaka and 1.5 legs in Surabaya in S21. I also hate it when then do two legs in the same city. It gets annoying and too similar sometimes.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
I really didn't like the TAR 21 route, but the teams made up for it. TAR 22 had great teams and a good route, making it the best post-UB season for me.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 01:25:16 AM »
I thought it was a given that TAR21 didn't exist.