Author Topic: TAR 22 FINALE East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 57397 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yep. That's the first 2 professional athletes final.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
David and Connor still getting more airtime than the winners after they found out they won <3
Lol I know...getting a full interview at the finish line after the winners come in. I think they might be someone's favorite!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
David and Connor still getting more airtime than the winners after they found out they won <3
Lol I know...getting a full interview at the finish line after the winners come in. I think they might be someone's favorite!

As if it wasn't obvious in the first 4 legs.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Bates & Anthony won by a landslide.. At least, Maxie didn't win.

Its okay - the team who fatally U-Turned Joey/Meghan won the race, good winners in my book! :colors :colors :colors

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Bates & Anthony won by a landslide.. At least, Maxie didn't win.

Its okay - the team who fatally U-Turned Joey/Meghan won the race, good winners in my book! :colors :colors :colors
Joey & Meghan got eliminated because they didn't get on the earlier flight, not because they got U-Turned by Bates & Anthony. Didn't really mind if Bates & Anthony won, though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:24:48 PM by WinTar »

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
Really? I didn't notice John & Jessica were there! At least they didn't get any airtimes/interviews, can't stand them

BATES AND ANTHONY :hearts: I'm so happy for them! :hrt:
An alpha male team win finally - the last one was Tyler & James from Season 10!
Anyone else noticed John and Jessica was absent at the finish line? (Which is great because I don't like them, lol.)
I love Caroline & Jen's interview at the end of the finish line.
Probably lost their passport in Indonesia. :lol3:
:lol3:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
I'm actually happy Max & Katie didn't win because there's a chance they can get to the next UB/AS. :hearts:
Hopefully the next UB/AS will include teams before S11 too.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
And now that we have been shown clips from Family Edition, it has been confirmed that it's in the canon continuity of the show and we can no longer pretend like it never happened.
I reached that conclusion several years ago and then included the season 8 teams in my rankings without making a distinction.

And I was right, this season is the first to feature two switchback roadblocks in the same season. The only difference I could see is that each team was given a unique code phrase, (which meant that there was only one agent in a briefcase that was correct for that team) and only one briefcase that the team could open for their next clue.

Another item of note. During the live sighting of filming there were eyewitnesses who reported about the MLK aspect of the clue (there was a statute not far from the Lincoln Memorial on the edge of the cherry blossom stand of trees in the Tidal Basin) I don't think anyone picked up on the engraved step at the Lincoln Memorial marking the exact spot where MLK gave the "I Have A Dream" speech. So that was something new I hadn't known.

All in all I liked this season a lot in terms of tasks and locations; and I'm always glad when the best performing team overall wins at the end; it doesn't always happen (and I won;t bring up last season as a result.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think people from production need to sit and rewatch the first seasons of the show. I wanted more tasks , the last Roadblocks were SO easy!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
And I believe this is the first time two teams of athletes finished in the final three (Don't forget that Mona-Beth are professional roller derby players.)
Well, Kisha & Jen were college basketball players and they faced the Globetrotters in the finale of UB

Incorrect......Kisha was a basketball player at University of Louisville, but Jen was a volleyball player.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And I believe this is the first time two teams of athletes finished in the final three (Don't forget that Mona-Beth are professional roller derby players.)
Well, Kisha & Jen were college basketball players and they faced the Globetrotters in the finale of UB

Incorrect......Kisha was a basketball player at University of Louisville, but Jen was a volleyball player.
Well, they were both athletes, so partial credit. Everybody wins.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline wickler

• RFF Newbie
So what happened with Max and Katie at the Tidal Basin?  How did he miss the right agent?  He seemed to ask the the correct code phrase to all the agents & even ran out of agents & had to double back around & start over again.  Bates & Anthony got their agent right away.  What's up with that?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well it was a luck task somewhat and maybe he went one way around the Tidal Basin while his spy was in the other direction. IIRC, there were spies on both sides.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
LONDON !   :yess:

"10 Countries"   :yess:

30,000 miles      :yess:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
While the spec that the teams had a task in London turned out to be correct, I don't think anyone had the teams taking a ferry to Liverpool and then a taxi to London to get that clue that sent them to D.C.

I'm pretty sure Phil, Bert and Elise weren't taking the ferries to and from Northern Ireland. And that detour task involving the final meal served to first class passengers on the Titanic was difficult, especially if you didn't recognize the dishes being served for a particular course (10 courses in all!!!). That was really a tough task.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
This finale was a snooze-fest.

Okay see y'all next season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Oh and Dave and Connor and Caroline and Jennifer are so gonna be on the next Unfinished Business, especially Dave and Connor. What a huge long interview that made it seemed like they won the race. :lol3:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
That last task wasn't a road block? They seemed to be able to switch and even be helped by the partner. Not that is was too difficult anyway in remembering the countries. No close race for even 2nd and 3rd it looked like, the editing couldn't even make it look close. Best part of the final leg was probably making them think they would meet Obama, the seriousness of the security was quite funny.

In the previous leg it looked like they set too easy a time for the bog swimming, Bates and Anthony did it in 2 minutes. The country singers failed but because they had apparently gone the wrong way. If they hadn't had an alliance to protect them and so been vulnerable to the u-turn I doubt they would have made it that far at all. I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to do the harder barrels task. The best part of the penultimate leg was the menu task, but the fact that Bates and Anthony helped the mums out spoilt what might have been a better end. Helping other teams stinks, make people work it out for themselves. Make it a race between all the teams again please.

Annoying they gave the father/son team and even (!) the country singers a word at the end. Joey and Meghan for Allstars.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
IMHO...  I'm OK with the winner, but it was bad edit for Final Leg. When Bates & Anthony finished the last task, i knew they would win. Last season final task definitely harder & challenging  than this. Last season we saw Beekman boys & the Chippendales racing to the finish line, but this time the Hockey boys racing alone. "Unpredictable finish" ?? I still don't get it  :stare

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
IMHO...  I'm OK with the winner, but it was bad edit for Final Leg. When Bates & Anthony finished the last task, i knew they would win. Last season final task definitely harder & challenging  than this. Last season we saw Beekman boys & the Chippendales racing to the finish line, but this time the Hockey boys racing alone. "Unpredictable finish" ?? I still don't get it  :stare

I totally agree with you! It was a clean win.

Well, I was expecting a much hard final leg, but it seems it was pretty easy to do both the challenges. I hoped that. Well, grats on B/A, having all the strong teams supporting them, the result is pretty obvious. Next time, listen to the young guys and try to kick them out of the race. But, well-deserved race! Still wanted a better final leg though

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I don't mind that B\A won, just surprised :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
For unpredicted finish, I just thought that B/A lost and the other two teams crossed the finish line before them lol

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
THAT WAS SO "PREDICTABLE"... Phil you liar! LOL!!! jk!

since the RB,and the baseball challenge, not onlyB/A're lucky, the baseball challenge is basically cake for them.
they gained so much lead there surprise,surprise

even got stuck not finding Indonesia (LOL what is it with the racers and Indonesia, it's like we made them got lost, A LOT!)  :lol3:
they already done before Maxie and M/B arrived..

So happy for Bates&Anthony..  :keeta: :keeta: :keeta:

that final memory challenge was okay, but all the balls should've been marked... to raise more confusion
that way, all those three could possibly at least be neck in neck ... LOL

and Dave&Connor is SO going back on Unfinished Business...
not happy about that but oh well ...

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
Sighs. Dave/Connor are probably coming back. :res:

That interview gave me Gary/Mallory teas. But hoping for a better edit next time.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie

Exactly, which is why last season was one of the best. When Bates/Anthony completed the switchback first, it really was over.