Archive > TAR Canada

TAR Canada MEDIA

<< < (9/18) > >>

Leafsfan.:
Territories to be featured on Amazing Race Canada
Canada’s North, a pan-territorial marketing consortium made up of the three territorial governments, announced they have signed a deal to sponsor the new Bell Media series The Amazing Race Canada, premiering July 15 on CTV.

The Amazing Race Canada is a soon-to-debut reality game show based on its American television counterpart The Amazing Race. The series will feature teams of two in a race around Canada.

Olympic skeleton gold medallist Jon Montgomery will host the show.

“We felt it was important that the unique and compelling landscapes of Canada’s North be showcased in this high-profile program,” said Nunavut Tourism CEO Colleen Dupuis in a press release.

Although the deal was signed earlier this year, strict confidentiality agreements preclude any further details being released at this time.

Viewers will have to wait until the closer to broadcast to see how Canada’s North has been featured. A media buy will also be executed during the program to promote Canada’s North as a tourism destination to millions of Canadians.

“We are really excited about the prospect of this exposure for the territories and tourism,” stated Brian Desjardins, executive director of N.W.T. Tourism.

“This type of high profile program and television production is not something any of us could have afforded to do on our own,” said Denny Kobayashi, manager of Global Marketing for Tourism Yukon.

“We need to do things that are different and help us break through the clutter in a very competitive marketplace.”

Canada’s North marketing consortium is funded by Cannor and is in its final year of the current four-year agreement.

The group was formed formally for the 2007 Canada Games after which it marketed the very successful Canada’s Northern House during the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Source:http://www.whitehorsestar.com/archive/story/territories-to-be-featured-on-amazing-race-canada/

Likely explains why all 3 territories are on.

Leafsfan.:
Amazing Race Canada, You Gotta Eat Here! among early winners at the Canadian Screen Awards
TORONTO - "The Amazing Race Canada" and "You Gotta Eat Here!" were among the winners at the Canadian Screen Awards on Tuesday night.

The Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television handed out trophies at an industry gala for news and sports, documentary, lifestyle, reality and digital media categories.

CTV's reality series "The Amazing Race Canada" scored three wins — for best photography in a lifestyle of reality series, best writing in a reality series and best cross-platform project, non-fiction. Food Network Canada's "You Gotta Eat Here" nabbed best lifestyle series and best direction in a lifestyle series.

TSN's coverage of the Grey Cup topped sports categories, winning best live sports event, best sports analyst in a sports program for Glen Suitor, best direction for a live sporting event, and best sports program for "100 Grey Cup Pre-Game."

In the news categories, "CTV National News with Lisa LaFlamme" was named best national newscast, "CBC News: the fifth estate" claimed best news information series and "CBC News: The National" won best news special for its coverage of the capture of the Boston marathon bombing suspect.

An industry gala on Wednesday night is set to honour winners in drama, children's, youth, comedy and variety categories. The Canadian Screen Awards is set to announce winners in the biggest film and TV categories this weekend with a star-studded bash in Toronto.

Source:http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/television/Amazing+Race+Canada+Gotta+Here+among+early/9582549/story.html

georgiapeach:

Markdale native wins Canadian TV award   

By Rob Gowan, Sun Times, Owen Sound

Sunday, March 9, 2014 3:57:32 EDT PM 

A Markdale native has been awarded one of the highest honours in Canadian television.

Ryan Shaw, who grew up in Markdale and now calls Toronto home, has received a Canadian Screen Award for best photography in a lifestyle or reality/competition program or series for his work as director of photography in the first season of The Amazing Race Canada.

It is humbling," said Shaw, who received the award Tuesday in Toronto during a presentation of some of the awards as part of Canada Screen Week. The main gala for the second annual awards, which combines the previously separated Genie Awards and Gemini Awards, was Sunday evening in Toronto.

Shaw said the award actually goes to the whole camera and sound team involved in the filming of The Amazing Race. Shaw said the crews ran through the race with the contestants and captured all the special moments that were seen in the final production on television.

"The award really goes out to the entire team, not just to one guy or two guys. It is just too big of a job," said Shaw. "I was just the lucky guy who got my name on the trophy."

Shaw, shared the award with his American colleague Peter Rieveschl, who Shaw said came from the U.S. production of The Amazing Race and was instrumental in making the Canadian version work.

As part of the team on The Amazing Race, Shaw was responsible for running the whole look of the show with the producers, setting up cameras at race locations and co-ordinating camera and sound teams with contestants. Shaw's role during the race was as a "runner cam."

"I enjoy being sort of physical instead of sitting around, so I said I would be able to do it but I wanted to be able to run with one of the teams," said Shaw. "They said absolutely so I ran right to the end."

Shaw is a freelance director and cameraman based in Toronto who has worked on various other projects, including Top Chef, Masterchef and a TVO Kids show called Giver. He just got back to Toronto from Miami where he was shooting NHL Revealed.

Shaw grew up in Markdale and attended Grey Highlands Secondary School in Flesherton. His parents are Connie and Ron Shaw, and he has three sisters, Angela, Kelly and Jaci.

Shaw admitted that in high school he wasn't the best student and didn't spend a lot of time at school.

"If I applied myself I would do fine, but I just never really went," said Shaw, who attributes farmer Ray Robertson for instilling a good work ethic into him and Grade 12 English teacher Laura Cannon-Sherlock for making school interesting again by allowing him to do a project on anything he wanted. He chose to do a project on the making of the Titanic movie and received 98%.

"She sort of instilled in me that when I set my mind to it I can do it, if I find something I enjoy."

Shaw's first foray into camera work came when he signed up for a communications technology course at Grey Highlands, where he learned about making videos, editing and photography.

"That is sort of what planted the seed," said Shaw, who also did a co-op placement in Owen Sound with Drew Ferguson and Kirk Scott of CKNX news. "The work sort of found me, I guess you could say."

Shaw's next planned project is the second season of The Amazing Race Canada, with preparation work expected to start shortly.

"I am so fortunate to work on a show like The Amazing Race and see Canada on foot" said Shaw, who lives in Toronto with his wife Lara, a television producer and director, and daughters Simone and Estelle. "It really is amazing, no pun intended."

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2014/03/09/markdale-native-wins-canadian-tv-award

Leafsfan.:
CTV's THE AMAZING RACE CANADA Welcomes Four Premier Sponsors for Season 2
- Sponsorships to include in-show integrations, digital integrations on CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada, and brand extensions -
- Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA set to anchor CTV's summer 2014 schedule -

TORONTO, March 12, 2014 /CNW/ - Following a record-breaking first season, CTV announced today that four premier sponsors have joined Season 2 of the mega-hit competition series THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. The four, top-tier sponsors - Air Canada (represented by Mindshare), Chevrolet, Dairy Queen® Canada (represented by MediaCom Beyond Advertising, MediaCom's content division), and Scotiabank (represented by PHD) - create a stellar team of new and returning brands, with Air Canada and Chevrolet back for a second straight year. All four brands will play an integral role this season in showcasing a series that was appointment television last summer, captivating millions from coast-to-coast-to-coast.

**Media Note** Download artwork for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca

"It takes a well-oiled team to win the Race and we're certain we have the winning combination with our four premier partners," said Laird White, Director, Brand Partnerships, Bell Media. "We look forward to sharing this adventure of a lifetime with these iconic brands."

CTV Brand Partnerships is currently working with the four premier clients on customized activations and original branded content across multiple broadcasts, digital and social platforms that will complement Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. The four clients will receive innovative brand extensions and various in-show integrations throughout the sophomore season, as well as an online presence on CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada. Specific details will be announced closer to broadcast.

Following the Season 2 casting announcement in November 2013, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA received thousands of applications from across the country, comprised of pairings from all kinds of relationships. The final teams will be announced closer to broadcast. Fans are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to the CTV Facebook page for updates.

The most-watched Canadian television series on record, Season 1 of the blockbuster, record-breaking, fan-favourite THE AMAZING RACE CANADA raced ahead of the pack with an average audience of 3.5 million viewers each week. Hosted by Olympic champion and Canadian hero Jon Montgomery, the smash-hit original series vaulted into the record books as Canada's most-watched TV series last summer and the second most-watched television program of the entire broadcast year. Covering 10 dramatic legs that introduced Canadians to elements of their country that they had never known before, in the end it was "The Tims" who would prevail as the first-ever THE AMAZING RACE CANADA champions. Season 2 is set to anchor CTV's summer 2014 schedule.

Source:http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1321073/ctv-s-the-amazing-race-canada-welcomes-four-premier-sponsors-for-season-2

Scotiabank is an international bank with a lot of branches in the Caribbean. *Pure spec

Plaidmoon:
Huffington Post Canada put up a list of teams they would like to see on TAR Canada 2.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/28/amazing-race-canada-teams-season-2_n_5397793.html

It's a long slide show - 88 pictures - so I didn't go through it all. They say were tipped off to some info. That probably explains one of the first slides being Rex Harrington and Robert Hope.

'Amazing Race Canada' Season 2: Teams We'd Love To See

In just over a month, "Amazing Race Canada" will start up again for Season 2. The inaugural season's contestants came from a variety of different places in life -- Season 1 featured brothers, a father-son team (who eventually won the whole thing), sisters, married couples, best friends -- and ensured there was a lot of drama at all times.

Expect nothing less from Season 2; "Amazing Race Canada" producers will have to up the ante to maintain the show's success. Having already been made privy to some Season 2 spoilers (for example, we're 99 percent certain the Race is going outside of Canadian borders this time around), we also have some insider knowledge about who some of the competing pairs are. [Ed. Note: We will not reveal who those teams are until CTV officially announces them.]

Here are some of our dream team pairings for "Amazing Race Canada" Season 2. Don't take them too seriously, folks, this is for fun. If you have any hypothetical teams you would love to see, let us know in the comments below!

"Amazing Race Canada" Season 2 will premiere on Tuesday, July 8 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version