Archive > TAR Canada

TAR Canada MEDIA

<< < (8/18) > >>

georgiapeach:
‘The Amazing Race Canada’: By The Numbers

By CTV

7/12/2013

We know there are nine teams and one host but how many flights did they each take across the country? How many provinces did they visit? And how many arguments did one team have? As we count down to Monday’s premiere at 9/8C on CTV, find out all the facts about ‘The Amazing Race Canada’ here.

Total number of times that teams got lost during The Race: 25

Most arguments for one team: 15

Oldest competitor: 57

Youngest competitor: 21

Biggest age gap between competitors on the same team: 25 (Tim Sr./Tim Jr.)

Smallest age gap between competitors on the same team: Less than one hour (Treena/Tennille)

Heaviest team (combined weight): 415 lbs. (Jet/Dave)

Lightest team (combined weight): 215 lbs. (Vanessa/Celina)

Number of days to shoot The Race: 22

Shooting locations: 78

More than 595 total domestic Air Canada flights

Most flights total for one team: 21

Most number of flights by a team in one day: 4

Total airports visited: 14

Total number of taxis used by teams: 40

Other modes of transportation: 12 (Chevrolet vehicles, personal watercraft, ferries,
fishing boat, jet boat, snowmobile, ATV, snowshoes, golf cart, shuttles, chartered bus, train)

Number of Roadblocks: 12

Number of Detours: 8

Number of shooting locations: 78

Number of Route Markers and Active Route Markers: 20

Hotels (total for production and teams): 16

Provinces visited: 7

Territories visited: 3

Provincial and territorial capitals visited: 8

Number of canine breeds prominently featured: 3

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Articles/by_the_numbers.aspx

Leafsfan.:
Provincial and territorial capitals visited: 8

so 2 didn't have their capitals visited: BC (Victoria) and Alberta (Edmonton), this proves Whitehorse (Capital of Yukon) was in some way visited.

georgiapeach:
Big Event: Amazing Race Canada (July 15, CTV, 9 p.m. ET/PT)

Big picture: Nine brave Canadian pairs are poised to race around Canada in this new series. They have my deepest respect given I can barely make it to the mailbox without wheezing. Contestants include actress Vanessa Morgan (My Babysitter's a Vampire, Degrassi: The Next Generation) and her "bikini-model sister" Celina, and hippy couple Darren and Kristen (she lists her strengths as "making people smile, handling reptiles, identifying plants and basketball" and her good luck charm as a "pine cone"). No, I'm not making this up. Their opponents include a doctor duo, Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod (the married fitness gurus from Body Break), as well as teams that feature a police officer, a police sergeant "highly trained in firearms" and a "retired army sniper." It could be lambs to the Amazing Race slaughter. These daring duos beat out thousands of applicants in order to race more than 9,000 kilometres in locations across Canada, from Alberta's Badlands to the Rockies, from Maritimes oceanfront to B.C rainforest. (The real lesson I've taken from all this is put "bikini model" on your resum© when applying for reality shows. I've already added it to my LinkedIn page).

Forecast: Hosted by Canadian Olympic champion Jon Montgomery, this is a must-watch of the summer. Enjoy the spectacle of seeing these eclectic groups navigate our vast, diverse country. Most of them will see more of Canada in the course of this game than any of us do in our lifetimes. I'd like to see the next federal election settled on Amazing Race Canada. Imagine Stephen Harper and John Baird trying to hail a cab with a $90,000 cheque in the middle of a snowstorm on the Trans-Canada Highway in Saskatchewan, or locked in a two-legged snowshoe race in Nunavut against Justin Trudeau and Marc Garneau.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/amazing-stuff-and-not-so-much-215414481.html

Leafsfan.:
Jon Montgomery interviewed by Murtz Jaffer

http://www.youtube.com/v/363ta7DRcxQ

Leafsfan.:
Behind the Scenes Banter with Jon Montgomery: Episode 1
Host Jon Montgomery gives his take on the leg’s most challenging tasks, the choices the teams made and what we didn’t see in Episode 1.

Spoilers Ahead!

Q: What was your favourite stop on the leg?

Montgomery: Obviously, Kelowna. I got married there two years ago so it has a special place in my heart. We chose to get married there because of its unrivalled beauty and weather and its culture. It has a real cool vibe to the area.

Q: Which part of the leg was the most fun? The most challenging?

Montgomery: I think the most fun was actually getting to do my first ‘mat chat.’ It was blindingly nerve-wracking. I almost passed out I’m sure but to be able to do it the first time was my favourite part. The most exciting part was jumping off the (Bellevue Trestle) bridge. Those sorts of things get my adrenaline pumping and the hair on the back of my neck standing up and you know you’re pushing yourself when you have those types of feelings . . . That’s where I find that I feel like I’m really living. That was also the most challenging, as was learning my role and finding my voice.

Q: What do you think was the most difficult Roadblock or Detour the teams had to complete?

Montgomery: It depends. When Celina’s on the bridge, you hear Vanessa saying, ‘I conquered my biggest fear. You have to do the same.’

Going under the water for someone like myself, claustrophobia-type (tasks), if you’re under water and hate it, might be really taxing. For others, it might be the heights.

Q: Where do you think eliminated team Treena and Tennille went wrong?

Montgomery: It could’ve started as far back as the Niagara Butterfly Conservatory. When things start to go sideways, they have a tendency to continue to slip away from you if you don’t recompose yourself. It could have been at the very beginning where they began to lose ground and make mistakes.

Undoubtedly other people are going to have falters along the way and missteps but I think what will determine their success will be how they recover from that and how they move forward with some purpose.

Q: Did anything else interesting or unusual happen that we didn’t see in the episode?

Montgomery: Brett showed up to the mat chat with no underwear. That was a surprise. He said, ‘I’m not wearing any underwear’ and was holding them in his hand the whole time. I think they were chafing him.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Articles/BTS_Montgomery_1.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version