Archive > TAR Canada

TAR Canada MEDIA

<< < (3/18) > >>

walkingpneumonia:
So what if this Mosaic Stadium thing is just a ruse to get all of the TAR Canada fans in one place that's away from the actual places the teams are going?
Are the producers that clever?

Ahhhh... no.

lostinTARland:

--- Quote from: walkingpneumonia on May 13, 2013, 09:33:28 AM ---So what if this Mosaic Stadium thing is just a ruse to get all of the TAR Canada fans in one place that's away from the actual places the teams are going?
Are the producers that clever?

Ahhhh... no.

--- End quote ---

That would only happen if we were running the game.  ;D

LoveRocked:
Amazing Race Canada contestants take on Regina

The yellow and red route markers might have gone unnoticed by many people in Regina on Monday – but not by Amazing Race fans.

They knew the markers seen around town – at Regina International Airport, at city hall and at Mosaic Stadium – meant that competitors of television’s Amazing Race Canada had descended on the Queen City.

“I have been trying to catch them, but it’s been hard. Someone told me they were coming here so we kind of took a personal day off to come here,” said Kelsey McDonald, who snapped a photograph of herself with a route marker at the stadium.

“This is my whole Amazing Race day.”

The Saskatchewan Roughriders had posted a Facebook message to their 130,000 followers on May 2 about a “travel adventure show” filming at the stadium on Monday, and had asked fans to come wearing their green and white beginning at 10 a.m. and until as late as 5 p.m.

“I’m a giant Rider fan and was like, any reason to go and sit in the sun at the stadium … we all love The Amazing Race,” said Stefanie Ward, who sat in the stands with three friends, all decked out in Riders gear — watermelon helmets included.

Fans cheered on cheerleaders and a few Riders players as they filmed a scene for the show with rumoured host and Canadian Olympic gold medalist Jon Montgomery. Meanwhile, an obstacle course of sorts was on the football field.

Other sightings around the city, according to Regina fans, included Ukrainian dancing in front of city hall and contestants rushing through the airport.

The filming of Amazing Race Canada began on May 3. The reality program will air on Monday nights on CTV starting on July 15.

CTV has not released many details of the show or identified its host, though the network confirmed last week that the prize for the winning team is $250,000, free worldwide trips for a year with Air Canada and two 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays. CTV did not return a call from Metro News to comment or to confirm the show’s filming in Regina.

“The prize is valued at 167,224 hockey pucks, 178,572 cans of beer, and 33,356 half-litre jars of pure Canadian maple syrup,” a release dated May 6 says on the CTV website.

The prize might just be perfect for rumoured show host and classic beer-chugger Jon Montgomery.

saskvagabond:
http://www.cjme.com/sites/default/files/RMN%20AMAZING%20REGINA.mp3

Quick news story on the radio from yesterday morning. Radio host is a friend, saw I was at the airport and asked to call me.

walkingpneumonia:
Does anyone have a copy of the TV ad that they can post?
Apparently there is more than one of them (with a yodeling moose?).

I can't find it online anywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version