Author Topic: TAR Canada 1: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers  (Read 52405 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
This is around 327 Water Street (Al Porto Restaurant).
Trying to find the convention centre?
Glenny ‏@glennygs 7m

Spotted Amazing Race Canada contestants. Jess wanted to help them. #RaceCDA #amazingracecda @ Gastown http://instagram.com/p/Y-21vsNemI/

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
And I'm at school when this all happens. :'(

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »
And I'm at school when this all happens. :'(
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
I thought this was interesting:
http://www.vancourier.com/news/Amazing+timing+Vancouver/8345210/story.html

The Courier discovered unusual visitors to Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden Monday when the upcoming Amazing Race Canada used the site as a stop for its competing teams. Eight teams are in the race, currently being taped across Canada for its debut this summer on television.

If this brief article is correct, then one team would've been eliminated prior to the Vancouver leg.

Offline MathildeG

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 12:30:39 AM »
Hot damn I'm excited. I live in Quebec City, I'm not willing to camp out at the airport or anything but I'll be on the lookout for teams running through the Old Town! The Canadian version probably won't hold a candle to the original one we know and love, mostly because of budget and location restrictions, but spotting racers has been a long-time goal of mine, and certainly TAR Canada would be a nice start!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:41 AM »
Welcome to RFF, MathildeG! :bigwelcome

All of a sudden, I want there to be snow in Quebec because I think that would make an amazingly beautiful leg. :lol:

Offline lostinTARland

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
Not sure where this should go. Got this from a FB friend in Saskatchewan (SK)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151360112861541&set=pb.11693281540.-2207520000.1367955484.&type=3&theater

Hey Roughrider Fans,

On Monday, May 13th an exciting travel adventure show will be taping with us at Mosaic Stadium and we are inviting you to be a part of this once in a lifetime event. There is no charge to attend, just bring your enthusiasm and if you fell like it- your watermelon helmet! There more wonderful your watermelon helmet creation the more likely you’ll make it into one of our television shots. We will supply the audience cheering props so you don’t have to bring your own.

The excitement will involve fun loving contestants from all over undergoing challenges with a few members of the Riders and the Cheer Team!

Doors will open at 10:00 and we plan to be holding events until 5:30. You are welcome to be with us all day or any part of the fun you can squeeze into your day. Come on down to the Stadium and be part of the fun.

Offline lostinTARland

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
And if it looks like they will be coming to Ottawa. I am more than willing to cut out of work and stalk them.  I can PM someone my email addresses/contact info

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
Speculation...

What would The Amazing Race Canada be without a trip to Canada's arctic?

I'm thinking Yellowknife or Whitehorse - both Air Canada destinations.
Or would they make them drive and show off the impressive rough road capabilities of the 2013 Chevrolet Suburban or Avalanche?
The Mackenzie Hwy is spectacular... as is the driving to Whitehorse in the Yukon.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
Looks like they were on Air Canada flight 202 - Vancouver to Calgary
Scheduled Departure YVR:    Scheduled Arrival YYC:
07:00 - Wed May-8-2013    09:25 - Wed May-8-2013

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
Yay to Toronto being visited!

Amazing Race Canada will likely rappel from Toronto City Hall rooftop

A proposal moving through Toronto City Hall right now could be giving away a future challenge for contestants on The Amazing Race Canada.

The agenda item has been deemed urgent and asks the city to give permission to Insight Productions to allow three people on a television show to rappel down the side of Toronto’s city hall.

“The Facilities and Management Division has received an application from Insight Productions to film an episode of a television show at City Hall on Friday, May 24, 2013,” the document reads.

“One of the main activities consists of three participants rappelling over the west tower roof onto the podium green roof of City Hall.”

Insight Productions is the production company responsible for The Amazing Race Canada, Big Brother Canada, Battle of the Blades, the Juno Awards and the upcoming series Never Do This At Home.

But the document is marked “urgent” and notes that filming will occur at the end of the month, pending completion of the appropriate paperwork. This narrows down the list of possibilities considerably, pointing squarely at The Amazing Race Canada, which is currently filming in Western Canada.

The motion currently before Toronto City Council recommends adoption the recommendations from the Chief Corporate Officer, who approves of the license. That document is here:

Source and document:http://o.canada.com/2013/05/08/amazing-race-canada-will-likely-rappel-from-toronto-city-hall-rooftop/

Also Insight Productions will provide the City of Toronto with $10,000,000.00 liability insurance and WSIB coverage.  :o

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
We normally wouldn't post this before it happens - but the info is being re-tweeted by literally hundreds of people.
If they don't want a mob scene day of, it might be a good idea to arrange for lots of extra security.

Yay to Toronto being visited!

Amazing Race Canada will likely rappel from Toronto City Hall rooftop

A proposal moving through Toronto City Hall right now could be giving away a future challenge for contestants on The Amazing Race Canada.

The agenda item has been deemed urgent and asks the city to give permission to Insight Productions to allow three people on a television show to rappel down the side of Toronto’s city hall.

“The Facilities and Management Division has received an application from Insight Productions to film an episode of a television show at City Hall on Friday, May 24, 2013,” the document reads.

“One of the main activities consists of three participants rappelling over the west tower roof onto the podium green roof of City Hall.”

Insight Productions is the production company responsible for The Amazing Race Canada, Big Brother Canada, Battle of the Blades, the Juno Awards and the upcoming series Never Do This At Home.

But the document is marked “urgent” and notes that filming will occur at the end of the month, pending completion of the appropriate paperwork. This narrows down the list of possibilities considerably, pointing squarely at The Amazing Race Canada, which is currently filming in Western Canada.

The motion currently before Toronto City Council recommends adoption the recommendations from the Chief Corporate Officer, who approves of the license. That document is here:

Source and document:http://o.canada.com/2013/05/08/amazing-race-canada-will-likely-rappel-from-toronto-city-hall-rooftop/

Also Insight Productions will provide the City of Toronto with $10,000,000.00 liability insurance and WSIB coverage.  :o

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 03:57:41 PM »
I wouldn't want to post all the tweets wihout cofirmation, but they've been appearing on the last couple hours, similar to this one:

canada.com ‏@thecanadacom
The Amazing Race Canada participants will likely rappel down the side of Toronto City Hall on May 24: http://ow.ly/kQbwB
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline lostinTARland

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »
Are potentially looking at a double leg in Alberta?

Considering they might be in Regina on Monday?

They could send the teams up to Fort McMurray 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
I HATE this, whoever posted that article without thinking it through should be hung over the side of City Hall himself.:groan:

Hopefully TPTB will take suitable precautions....or change it all together.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »
It says 3 participants are going to be rappelling. If the article is to be trusted, is a Toronto finish line a possibility? Looks like I'll have to try and free up my day then. My dad was working with them when TAR8 was here and hasn't let me live it down yet. :P

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Looks like they were on Air Canada flight 202 - Vancouver to Calgary
Scheduled Departure YVR:    Scheduled Arrival YYC:
07:00 - Wed May-8-2013    09:25 - Wed May-8-2013
Well, that was yesterday morning.  Surely somebody in Calgary saw something?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
Well, that was yesterday morning.  Surely somebody in Calgary saw something?

??? Did you not read the LIVE sighting thread?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »
 :groan:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
We may be headed to Edmonton today - keep your eyes and twitter searches open...

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »
I may have missed this, but have we figured out who the host is?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 05:29:43 PM »
I may have missed this, but have we figured out who the host is?

I believed it was Jon Montgomery and a lot of the posters here agreed with that

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »
I would love if it was him, I met him after he won for skeleton, he is such a nice and dynamic guy. I think he would make a good host.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
Speculation...

What would The Amazing Race Canada be without a trip to Canada's arctic?

I'm thinking Yellowknife or Whitehorse - both Air Canada destinations.
Or would they make them drive and show off the impressive rough road capabilities of the 2013 Chevrolet Suburban or Avalanche?
The Mackenzie Hwy is spectacular... as is the driving to Whitehorse in the Yukon.

Damn you are good. :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
Looks like they'll be driving Chevrolet Orlandos while in Yellowknife:
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/chevrolet/orlando/overview

Love the report on highway conditions near Yellowknife... hope we see some Bison.

HIGHWAY 3 (Yellowknife Highway)
Drive at a speed appropriate for the road conditions. Be prepared to stop with little or no notice.
Bison can be found along Highway 3 from the Mackenzie River to within 30 km. of Yellowknife. The largest concentration of bison is within 70 kilometres either side of Behchoko. Most bison collisions occur after dusk or in snowy conditions. Drive at a speed appropriate for the weather and road conditions, prepared to stop with little or no notice. Do NOT overdrive your headlights - driving at more than the speed limit, even in good driving conditions, makes it almost certain you will be unable to see a bison with your headlights at night in time to avoid a collision.