Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 CONTESTANT SPOILERS  (Read 33552 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR Canada CONTESTANT SPOILERS
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:07 PM »
From CP24
http://www.cp24.com/entertainment-news/body-break-duo-to-compete-on-amazing-race-canada-1.1342024#ixzz2XHx2cBXf

'Body Break' duo to compete on 'Amazing Race Canada'

The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:56PM EDT

TORONTO -- For 25 years, Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod have been a relentlessly cheerful presence in Canadian homes through their brief "Body Break" fitness vignettes -- chipper little missives designed to get Canucks sweating with a smile.

Well, now that the couple has signed up to be contestants on the intense cross-country competition "The Amazing Race Canada," things might change. Viewers will now likely see Johnson and McLeod when they're exhausted. And when they're stressed. And perhaps even when they're -- gasp -- fighting?

"It's funny with social media because there's been so many people tweeting and putting on Facebook and that sort of thing: 'Are Hal and Jo going to fight? I don't want to see them fight!"' said Johnson with a laugh in a recent interview prior to taping the reality series, seated next to a smiling McLeod. "You know, I think the biggest thing is we respect one another first."

"We don't do that in our real life," agreed McLeod.

"So what you see in 'Body Break' is certainly a part of us. It's not all of us," added Johnson. "You're going to see us tired. You're going to see us in different situations that we've never done before. But I don't perceive that we would fly off the handle -- because I just never do that."

Indeed, the couple is speaking several weeks back just prior to taping of the race-around-the-country competition (the show premieres July 15 on CTV). In the adjacent room, the pairs that Johnson and McLeod will face off against are scattered about, sitting quietly under strict instructions not to speak to each other. It's a tense scene.

But Johnson and McLeod are all smiles. They said taking this challenge on seemed like fortuitous timing, given that they're celebrating a quarter-century of "Body Break." Similarly, Johnson and McLeod have spent their lives trying to inspire Canadians to activity -- and now they see an opportunity to prove what's possible at an, ahem, advanced age. Johnson is 57 and McLeod 54, and they have something to prove.

"There are some teams in this race that their cumulative age does not add up to mine," laughed Johnson, who played college baseball for the University of Colorado. "Really, it's about showing that it doesn't matter how old you are. You can go out and do anything."

Listening to Johnson and McLeod strategize, it's clear they intend to win. Neither speaks French, so they talk about cozying up to a team that is bilingual. To counteract the perceived advantage in age, they'll be careful to sleep and eat right while hoping that others aren't doing the same. Johnson also points out that they've been plastering their clothes and gear with the "Body Break" logo, to increase the odds that they're recognized and -- they hope -- helped along by starstruck fans in a way that other teams wouldn't be.

Even their age, viewed through the duo's perennially positive filter, seems like a good thing.

"We know it really is a mind game, so it's a matter of being patient," Johnson said. "If I have to put together a piece of Ikea furniture at home, I know I will never do it the first time. So when I mess it up, I go, 'Oh.' I do it in reverse. I take it all apart and put it back together. And I never get mad. I expect to screw up.

"Whereas some of the younger competitors might be impatient, and then start yelling."

The show's executive producer, John Brunton, marvels that the presence of the pair represents "spectacular casting," calling them "special (and) unique."

Still, he shrugs off the idea that their celebrity could give them a leg up in the competition, where bewildered competitors often have to rely upon the kindness of strangers for a nudge in the right direction.

"I think it can work to your advantage and disadvantage sometimes and some people might want to send them on a wild goose chase because they might get a kick out of it, and others might want to help them," said the Insight Productions CEO.

"Certainly, the other teams have made it perfectly clear they want to kick their ass. And Hal and Joanne aren't exactly spring chickens either. They're getting on a little bit. They're not exactly senior citizens, but they're inching their way there. And we have some young bucks that think they can run faster. On the flip side, Hal and Joanne, they're in good shape, those two. I wouldn't want to arm-wrestle Joanne. She'd kick my ass."

Among the young bucks are the duo of 28-year-old David Schram and 32-year-old police officer Jet Black, a two-time North American Physique champion. But, growing up as they did in the late '80s-early '90s, they had only love for the famous "Body Break" pair.

"They're a team that I would love to work with -- they seem nice," Black said, smiling. "Are they a team that's going to want to work with us? I doubt it. They have an image to uphold. We're going to weigh them down.... It's a sad reality."

There's another youngster firmly in Johnson and McLeod's corner: their 14-year-old daughter.

Mostly, McLeod says their teen's biggest concern is "being embarrassed that we get eliminated in the first (leg)." Johnson says she just wants them to win her a car -- "red, she specified."

But she mostly wants them to keep their heads and work together, whether curious viewers at home want the same or not.

"(She) gave us a checklist for the race and she put it in our bags before we left," McLeod said. "It was five points. And one of them was to stay calm.

"And that's why," she added, holding up her hand, "I've put a piece of tape on my finger to remind me to stay calm."

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25:43 AM »
From BELL MEDIA PRESS ROOM
http://ctvmedia.ca/Network/CTV/Press/BodyBreak-Fitness-Icons-and-Incisive-Married-Doctors-are-the-Latest-Teams-Announced-for-CTVs-THE-AMAZING-RACE-CANADA-

“BodyBreak” Fitness Icons and Incisive Married Doctors are the Latest Teams Announced for CTV’s THE AMAZING RACE CANADA

– In total, nine “amazing” teams to compete in The Race, with the remaining final two pairings to be announced tomorrow –

– THE AMAZING RACE CANADA premieres Monday, July 15 –

TORONTO (June 26, 2013) – CTV cleared two more teams today for takeoff for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, the hottest competition series of the summer. Hosted by Olympic Champion Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12), the next two teams joining seven others at the starting line in the awe-inspiring, all-Canadian race around the country are married “Body Break” fitness icons Hal and Joanne, from Oakville, ON; and Holly and Brett, married doctors from Montreal, QC, who are as sharp as scalpels and have studied The Race for years. Previously announced teams include dating couple Kristen and Darren, brothers Jody and Cory, twins Treena and Tennille, and two sets of best friends - Jet and Dave, and Jamie and Pierre. All teams will compete for the historic half a million dollar grand prize with the final two pairings announced tomorrow (June 27). Set to anchor CTV’s Summer 2013 schedule, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 15 on CTV and live on CTV Mobile (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).

Below are the next two teams announced to compete in THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. Click on the team names for detailed bios and photography.

HAL and JOANNE – Married “BodyBreak” Fitness Icons

Name: Hal Johnson
Hometown: Oakville, ON
Current occupation: TV Personality – Fitness Promotion
Twitter: @bodybreak #Bodybreak

Name: Joanne McLeod
Hometown: Oakville, ON
Current occupation: TV Personality – Fitness Promotion
Twitter: @bodybreak #Bodybreak

Motto: “Keep fit and have fun.”
How will they plan to win the Race: “Our strategy is to be as patient as possible, not get ahead of ourselves, allow for each other’s strengths to be utilized, listen, and be persistent.”

HOLLY and BRETT – Married Doctors 

Name: Brett Burstein
Hometown: Montreal, QC
Current occupation: Paediatrician
Twitter: @teampeds, #hollyandbrett

Name: Holly Agostino
Hometown: Montreal, QC
Current occupation: Paediatrician
Twitter: @teampeds, #hollyandbrett 

Motto: “Total focus, eyes on the prize!”
How will they plan to win the Race: “Be cunning and resourceful - we are pros at functioning under pressure no matter what the conditions.”
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
BODY BREAK is on the race?  :ascared :ascared :ascared

Jk  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Thanks for the pics!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
From BELL MEDIA PRESS ROOM
http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/CTV/Press/Stunning-Actress-and-Bikini-Model-Sister-and-an-Inspiring-Father-Son-Duo-are-the-Final-Teams-Announced-for-CTVs-THE-AMAZING-RACE-CANADA-

Stunning Actress and Bikini-Model Sister, and an Inspiring Father-Son Duo, are the Final Teams Announced for CTV’s THE AMAZING

– All nine teams now announced in advance of July 15 premiere –

Jun · 27 · 13

CTV  The Amazing Race Canada 

TORONTO (June 27, 2013) – The introductions are over, it’s time to race! CTV announced today the final pairing of competitors for the first-ever season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, this summer’s most-anticipated television series. Hosted by Olympic Champion Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12), the final teams announced to embark in the riveting, all-Canadian race around the country are actress Vanessa Morgan (MY BABYSITTER’S A VAMPIRE, DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION) and her bikini-model sister Celina, a pair of feisty siblings from Ottawa, ON. Joining them are Tim Senior, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease three years ago and his son Tim Junior from Winnipeg, MB. The two teams round out the cast of nine pairings in the race for the historic half-a-million dollar grand prize. Previously announced teams include dating couple Kristen and Darren, brothers Jody and Cory, twins Treena and Tennille, two sets of best friends - Jet and Dave, and Jamie and Pierre, fitness icons Hal and Joanne and doctors Holly and Brett.  Set to anchor CTV’s Summer 2013 schedule, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 15 on CTV and live on CTV Mobile (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).

VANESSA and CELINA – Sisters

Name: Vanessa Morgan
Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Current occupation: Actress
Twitter: @VanessaMorgan, #vanessaandcelina

Name: Celina Mziray
Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Current occupation: Bikini Model
Twitter: @CelinaBallerina, #vanessaandcelina

Motto: “We are mini but mighty.”
How will they plan to win the Race: “We may come across as naive or clueless, and we will use this to our advantage as we are not. Also we have lots of experience travelling and in airports.”

TIM SR.  and TIM JR. – Father and Son

Name: Tim Hague Sr.
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
Current occupation: Registered Nurse
Twitter: @timtimearc, #timtimearc

Name: Tim Hague Jr.
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
Current occupation: Sales
Twitter: @timtimearc, #timtimearc

Motto: “Just because you’ve been given a diagnosis does not mean the end of your life.”
How will they plan to win the Race: “Have an amazingly fun time and see how far we can get, build each other up at all times!”

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »
Fun Fact:  Not one team member's hometown is a city that was visited on this seasons route. I wonder if this was a conscious decision on the part of TPTB or just a lucky coincidence.

Provinces Represented: 4.5 teams from Ontario
                                      1.5 teams from Alberta
                                       1 Team from Manitoba
                                       1 Team from Quebec
                                       1 Team from British Columbia

Offline Youp

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »

Provinces Represented: 4.5 teams from Ontario
                                      1.5 teams from Alberta
                                       1 Team from Manitoba
                                       1 Team from Quebec
                                       1 Team from British Columbia
[/quote]

I know Ontario has the greatest population, but not 1 team from all the Maritime provinces?

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »
omg vanessa morgan!!!!!!!
Creating Routes ~