Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 CONTESTANT SPOILERS  (Read 33553 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada CONTESTANT SPOILERS
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
Another video from the awesome Erik!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGJWesmxofk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DGJWesmxofk</a>

Published on May 15, 2013

The Amazing Race Canada is filming in Québec City today! On the Plains of Abraham. I followed a team from St-Roch to the Plains. There was a LaCrosse task that they had to complete there.

I don't know which teams this is from the timeline, but I can tell you this, both guys are from Québec or have family in the province, because you can hear their voices in the end, saying merci, merci pour tout, french for thank you for everything, and they don't have a accent!

So we have at least one team from Quebec!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
For what it's worth, Vanessa Morgan resumed using her Twitter account on May 25th, the day after the race ended.

https://twitter.com/VanessaMorgan

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »
For what it's worth, Vanessa Morgan resumed using her Twitter account on May 25th, the day after the race ended.

https://twitter.com/VanessaMorgan

Also of note:

Something looks familiar...isn't Jody Mitic one of the brothers of Team Mitic?  Maybe he and Vanessa know each other from the race.  They both disappeared from Twitter after April 28 and resumed on May 25.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
Nice catch, bc922! I didn't see those replies for some reason when I checked Vanessa's twitter feed yesterday. The other two people appear to be her fans as they were tweeting during the race. Vanessa seems to have added a number of people lately (but I can't recall just who was there a week or two back). I checked some of them and didn't find anyone that looked like a racer that wasn't tweeting during the race.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
I also thought this was interesting:

I found a couple of pictures of Vanessa with her sister Celina (possibly Celina Mziray). They do look like they could be the Pink Pants team, at least in some of our pictures. In others, they don't look like them to me. I didn't post the pictures of Vanessa and her sister here due to possible copyright issues, but you can see them at:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »
I also thought this was interesting:

I found a couple of pictures of Vanessa with her sister Celina (possibly Celina Mziray). They do look like they could be the Pink Pants team, at least in some of our pictures. In others, they don't look like them to me. I didn't post the pictures of Vanessa and her sister here due to possible copyright issues, but you can see them at:

Great! I don't think I've ever identified a racer before. It's looking like I finally did.  :yess:

I'll check that off of my RFF Bucket List.  ;)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
Friends are developing loose lips:

just angella ‏@knitta_please74 27 May
My friend just wrapped filming on Amazing Race Canada. Bit disappointed it's national, not global.

Jeff Sloychuk ‏@albertajeff 8h
Well my buddy is back from the Amazing Race Canada but he won't tell me how they did!! I think that means he lost, right?

Just angella is from Hamilton, Ontario. Jeff Sloychuk lists Leduc, Alberta as his home, which is a suburb of Edmonton. His tweets suggest he may have moved to the Yukon though. He could be a friend of one of the Cowboys if I had to guess.

I dug around through both of their lists of followers and who they are following (both very long for both of them) and couldn't find anyone that could have been on the race. I'm throwing it out here in case anyone else wants to try and figure it out.

Offline jlim201

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »
Jon Montgomery has been publically announced as host of TAR Canada at some CTV fall preview thing.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
Jon Montgomery has been publically announced as host of TAR Canada at some CTV fall preview thing.

That's already been covered in the Media thread I think :tup:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
I ran across this tweet and picture this morning.

Jeremy Burbano ‏@jeremyburbano67 12h
“@lssbears: Remember this guy??? Best of luck Mr Martyr in the Amazing Race Canada!! #OnceABearAlwaysABear pic.twitter.com/4gUUAAgSDt”

@lssbears is the twitter account for the Langstaff Secondary School Athletic Department in Richmond Hill, Ontario (I think). The muscle bound guy in the picture doesn't look like anybody I remember seeing in the teams for TAR Canada so this may be nothing. Maybe some of you from Canada will know who Mr. Martyr is. I couldn't figure out anything definite from that name.

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
(context removed)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:25:15 PM by saskvagabond »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »

CTV Announces First Two Teams Competing on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA

TORONTO (June 24, 2013)

Canadians auditioned by the thousands, but only nine teams were chosen to compete in the race of a lifetime. Now, the wait is over. Today, CTV unveiled the first two teams competing on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, this summer’s most-anticipated television series. Hosted by Olympic Champion Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12), the first team announced to embark on the thrilling, all-Canadian race around the country is Jody, a Canadian Forces veteran from Ottawa, and his dedicated brother Cory, from Edmonton. Joining them are Kristen and Darren, a couple of avid outdoor enthusiasts in top physical condition from British Columbia, who share a passion for positive thinking and a love of all living things. In total, nine teams will compete for the historic half a million dollar grand prize, with three more teams announced tomorrow (June 25), two on Wednesday (June 26), and the final two pairings on Thursday (June 27). Set to anchor CTV’s Summer 2013 schedule, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 15 on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).

“Canadians will be blown away by how these teams interact with their partners and with each other as they race across the country,” said Phil King, President, CTV Programming and Sports. “These nine teams are the best of the best, and viewers can expect an incredible amount of excitement and drama.”

“With thousands and thousands of applications for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, we had the near impossible task of picking nine teams to run the race,” said John Brunton, Chairman and CEO Insight Productions. “We had so many top notch groups to choose from we could have filled multiple seasons. Canadians showed us once again why this is the best country in the world, and our cast just magnifies our diversity and spirit.”

Below are the first two teams announced to compete in THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. Click on the team names for detailed bios and photography.

Jody Mitic and Cory Mitic - Brothers
Jody Mitic and Cory Mitic
Brothers

Jody Mitic
Nickname: n/a
Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Place of Birth: Kitchener, ON
Couldn’t live without: My motorcycle
Strengths: Military training, race car driving, long range firearms
Fears/Phobias: Eating weird stuff
Favourite travel destination: New Zealand

Cory Mitic
Nickname: n/a
Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Place of Birth: Kitchener, ON
Couldn’t live without: Family, friends, and good food
Good luck charm: My good will towards others
Strengths: Conflict resolution, singing, negotiations
Fears/Phobias: Falling, eating strange things
Favourite travel destination: Our old family cottage

TEAM BIO
Jody was a sniper for the Canadian forces, and while on duty in Afghanistan in 2007, he stepped on a land mine and lost both his legs below the knee. After an extraordinary recovery, Jody was running 5 km charity runs in a little over a year on his new prosthetic feet. “It’s obviously going to be a challenge,” Jody says of his prosthetics, “but we’re going to have to overcome that with determination.”

Cory was by Jody’s side during his recovery and then relocated to Alberta to take a job five years ago. The distance has been hard on the brothers and they’re looking forward to re-establishing their strong bond. “We’ll rely on each other to get the job done,” says Cory. “Our interaction will probably be laced with a lot of bleeps for the viewers at home, and comic relief, also quite a bit of fireworks,” says Jody.

Within a few months of returning home, Jody was reunited with one of the medics who evacuated him from Afghanistan. The two are now common law partners of five years and have two beautiful girls together. With the birth of his first daughter, Jody vowed to always strive to be a better person, someone his daughter would look up to and be proud to call Dad.

Motto: “They are the enemy and we shall destroy them.”

How will they plan to win The Race: Focus, hard work, calculated risk.

Number one roadblock as team: “Being patient and bringing the intensity down a little bit from red line.”

Kristen Idiens and Darren Trapp - Dating
Kristen Idiens and Darren Trapp
Dating

Kristen Idiens
Nickname: K
Hometown: Fairmont Hot Springs, BC
Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
Couldn’t live without: Nature
Good luck charm: Pine cone
Strengths: Identifying plants, making people smile, teaching, handling reptiles, basketball
Fears/Phobias: Heights, cliffs, eating strange animals
Favourite travel destination: Any place off the beaten path

Darren Trapp
Nickname: D-Ron
Hometown: Fairmont Hot Springs, BC
Place of Birth: Bassano, AB
Couldn’t live without: Chocolate hazelnut spread
Strengths: Rafting, guiding, playing guitar, running, driving, navigating
Fears/Phobias: Spiders, eating living things, swimming in deep water when I can’t see what’s beneath me (even though I’m a lifeguard!)
Favourite travel destination: A road trip anywhere there are roads

TEAM BIO
Friends describe this adventurous duo as equally dorky and very cute, super supportive, and always challenging each other to reach new levels. They share a passion for positive thinking and a love of all living things, but they also know how to compete. These world travellers also share an affinity for sustainable living.

As avid outdoor enthusiasts, Kristen and Darren keep in top physical condition, complemented by their well rounded and worldly intelligence. Kristen knew they’d be a real threat on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, as she explains that “Every obstacle, every experience good and bad, have helped us learn new lessons.” “Darren is pretty detail oriented,” says Kristen, while he describes her as “The most selfless person...she is up for anything. She is incredibly motivated and ACTUALLY can do anything she sets her mind to!”

Kristen was an MVP basketball player in her scholastic years and can make her own clothes, while Darren is extremely resourceful on little to no money.

Motto: “We believe strongly in equity for all living creatures and creating our own realities through positive thinking and sharing love everywhere we go.”

How will they plan to win The Race: “Using our fitness level, logic, resourcefulness, and maintaining a positive attitude towards each challenge.”

Number one roadblock as team: “Remembering to use our differences to our advantage instead of getting frustrated with each other.”

Audition Video: http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Teams/KristenDarren.aspx

Motto: “We believe strongly in equity for all living creatures and creating our own realities through positive thinking and sharing love everywhere we go.”

How will they plan to win the Race: “Using our fitness level, logic, resourcefulness and maintaining a positive attitude towards each challenge.”

Thousands of teams have entered, but only one team will run away with the historic grand prize for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. Valued at more than half a million dollars including $250,000 in cash, the prize also features the opportunity to fly free for a year for two anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide (175 destinations) in Executive First Class (based on 10 trips for two), and two 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays. In total, the prize is equal to 167,224 hockey pucks, 178,572 cans of beer, and 33,356 half-liter jars of pure Canadian maple syrup.

With the knowledge that most Canadians have not travelled beyond their own province, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA gives Canadians the opportunity to race around Canada and discover the country they love in a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Teams will race to the finish line, criss-crossing up to 23,000 kilometres. A stunning depiction of the Canadian fabric, the teams will travel through both the country’s urban centres as well as the most remote outposts in the land, all while exploring its broad cultural and ethnic diversity, wildlife, and iconic landmarks. Fans are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to the CTV Facebook page for updates.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will also air TSN on Tuesdays at midnight ET beginning July 16, on RDS2 Wednesdays at 6 p.m. ET beginning July 17, and TSN2 on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET beginning July 17, as well as on demand across CTV’s digital platforms: including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV following the broadcast.. 

The four top-tier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are Air Canada, BlackBerry®, INTERAC®, and Chevrolet Canada.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is based on THE AMAZING RACE, the nine-time, Emmy® award-winning, hit program created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri that premiered in 2001 in the United States. van Munster, Doganieri, and Mark Vertullo are executive producers for Worldrace Productions, a division of Profiles Television. Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television. The program is produced in association with ABC Studios. The U.S. version of THE AMAZING RACE was a Top 3 series last fall on CTV and is this season’s #1 reality program in Canada with an average audience of 2.7 million viewers.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be the 12th international version to launch outside of the United States, joining Asia, Australia, Brazil, China, France, Israel, Latin America, Norway, Philippines, Ukraine and Vietnam as territories with an original THE AMAZING RACE production.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television. Executive Producers for Insight Productions are John Brunton and Barbara Bowlby, and Supervising Producer is Mark Lysakowski. Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri are executive producers for Profiles Television. Robin Johnston is the CTV Production Executive. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President, CTV Programming and Sports.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Hehe... :funny:
Releasing the team names in the order they were disclosed here at RFF.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »
Hehe... :funny:
Releasing the team names in the order they were disclosed here at RFF.

:lol:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:47 AM »
And the same pics used for comparison :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »

You guys don't have any idea how LOL'ed I was when I found this news at the first place..  :funny:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Chris Hofley ‏@chrishofley 2min

Couldn't get @JODYMITIC to spill any Amazing Race Canada secrets today... but a nice guy with a great story. http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/24/ottawa-man-jody-mitic-makes-cut-for-next-amazing-race
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 07:24:40 AM »
From BELL MEDIA PRESS ROOM
http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/CTV/Press/Gay-Cowboys-Contrary-Identical-Twins-and-Brassy-Best-Buddies-are-the-Next-Teams-Announced-for-CTVs-THE-AMAZING-RACE-CANADA-

Gay Cowboys, Contrary Identical Twins, and Brassy Best Buddies are the Next Teams Announced for CTV’s THE AMAZING RACE CANADA

– In total, nine “amazing” teams to compete in The Race, with the remaining four pairings to be announced tomorrow and Thursday –
– THE AMAZING RACE CANADA premieres Monday, July 15 –
Jun · 25 · 13

CTV  The Amazing Race Canada

TORONTO (June 25, 2013) – The much-anticipated introduction of competitors for the inaugural season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA continues as CTV unveiled the second group of teams to join the cast in the hottest series of the summer. Hosted by Olympic Champion Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12), the next three teams announced to embark on the exhilarating race across Canada are Jamie and Pierre, a pair of gay cowboys from Alberta; Treena and Tennille, fiercely competitive and often incongruent twin sisters from Hamilton, ON; and Jet and Dave, sporty, confident, and light-hearted best friends from London, ON. They join previously announced teams dating couple, Kristen and Darren, and brothers Jody and Cory, in the hunt for the historic half-a-million dollar grand prize. Two more teams will be announced tomorrow (June 26), with the final two pairings to be revealed on Thursday (June 27).

Set to anchor CTV’s Summer 2013 schedule, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 15 on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).

JAMIE and PIERRE  – Best Friends

Name: Jamie Cumberland
Hometown: Airdrie, AB
Current occupation: HR Advisor, Talent Management
Twitter: @CowboysTARC, #pierreandjamie

Name: Pierre Cadieux
Hometown: Innisfail, AB
Current occupation: GM Creditor Insurance, Banker
Twitter: @CowboysTARC, #pierreandjamie

Motto: We are ready to represent our towns, represent our province, and represent our tribe.
How will they plan to win the Race: Ask everyone in sight for help and read the clues extra carefully.

TREENA and TENNILLE – Twin Sisters

Name: Treena Ley
Hometown: Hamilton, ON
Current occupation: Police Sergeant
Twitter: @The_Twinzz, #TwinzzNation

Name: Tennille Dorrington
Hometown: Hamilton, ON
Current occupation: Tax Auditor
Twitter: @The_Twinzz, #TwinzzNation

Motto: “You can’t spell TWIN without WIN!”
How will they plan to win the Race: “We plan to maximize on our individual strengths, think, and listen to each other, observe, plan, analyze...run fast! Don’t come last!”

JET and DAVE – Best Friends

Name: Jet Black     
Hometown: London, ON
Current occupation: Police Officer
Twitter: @thejetblack, #jetanddave

Name: Dave Schram
Hometown: London, ON
Current occupation: Marketing
Twitter: @thedaveschram, #jetanddave

Motto: “We’re like icebergs...10% above water, 90% below!”
How will they plan to win the Race: “Be ourselves and win...in a strategic manner.”

Thousands of teams have entered, but only one team will run away with the historic grand prize for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. Valued at more than half a million dollars including $250,000 in cash, the prize also features the opportunity to fly free for a year for two anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide (175 destinations) in Executive First Class (based on 10 trips for two), and two 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays. In total, the prize is equal to 167,224 hockey pucks, 178,572 cans of beer, and 33,356 half-liter jars of pure Canadian maple syrup.

With the knowledge that most Canadians have not travelled beyond their own province, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA gives Canadians the opportunity to race around Canada and discover the country they love in a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Teams will race to the finish line, criss-crossing up to 23,000 kilometres. A stunning depiction of the Canadian fabric, the teams will travel through both the country’s urban centres as well as the most remote outposts in the land, all while exploring its broad cultural and ethnic diversity, wildlife, and iconic landmarks. Fans are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to the CTV Facebook page for updates.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will also air TSN on Tuesdays at 12 a.m. ET/PT beginning July 16, on RDS2 Wednesdays at 6 p.m. ET beginning July 17, and TSN2 on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 17, as well as on demand across CTV’s digital platforms: including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV following the broadcast. 

The four top-tier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are Air Canada, BlackBerry®, INTERAC®, and Chevrolet Canada.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is based on THE AMAZING RACE, the nine-time, Emmy® award-winning, hit program created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri that premiered in 2001 in the United States. van Munster, Doganieri, and Mark Vertullo are executive producers for Worldrace Productions, a division of Profiles Television. Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television. The program is produced in association with ABC Studios. The U.S. version of THE AMAZING RACE was a Top 3 series last fall on CTV and is this season’s #1 reality program in Canada with an average audience of 2.7 million viewers.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be the 12th international version to launch outside of the United States, joining Asia, Australia, Brazil, China, France, Israel, Latin America, Norway, Philippines, Ukraine and Vietnam as territories with an original THE AMAZING RACE production.

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will be produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television. Executive Producers for Insight Productions are John Brunton and Barbara Bowlby, and Supervising Producer is Mark Lysakowski. Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri are executive producers for Profiles Television. Robin Johnston is the CTV Production Executive. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President, CTV Programming and Sports.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:33:23 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »
Uh, a promo with three non-revealed teams? :lol: I don't understand what they're saying either :lol3:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8D3Hk-3IkJE?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8D3Hk-3IkJE?hl</a>

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
Uh, a promo with three non-revealed teams? :lol: I don't understand what they're saying either :lol3:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8D3Hk-3IkJE?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8D3Hk-3IkJE?hl</a>

Hello Canada,
We are leaving for a amazing adventure
Fallow our adventure as we travel o the country, ocean to ocean, as we try to win the first edition of Amazing race Canada

I think the women from the couple is french canadian because she is the only one without an accent

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
I hope that they're not going to speak French on the race because I don't need that mental workout while watching. :funny:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
Jet and Dave have posted their audition video online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdctLoLfJL4

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
Jet and Dave have posted their audition video online:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BdctLoLfJL4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BdctLoLfJL4</a>