Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 155075 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Rob Granatstein ‏@robedits 18min

Amazing Race Canada in #Toronto. Zoo 1st, then they'll make a better City Hall escape than Rob Ford #RaceCDA http://ow.ly/lmQXb
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Ramos, Jerome ‏@YaChefRamos 25min

LMFAO, they're filming Amazing Race rn in Toronto! Film crew and helicopters!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
Teams spotted at airport and L tower by myself and WP

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
michael_bowles ‏@michael_bowles 1min

Amazing Race contestants rappelling down City Hall. Now it's a race to the bottom inside AND outside.

Offline steaguinto

• RFF Newbie
Just saw a camera crew around 12:45 at the corner of Scott St and The Esplanade in downtown Toronto behind The Sony Centre / L Tower complex.  They had a route marker.  Also an EMS and cop on standby.  Met a woman who said she gave up her taxi to a team that said they were heading to Cadbury-Adams (the candy company (?))

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
That was me! Also I was at
City hall all morning, no rappelling set up anywhere

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That was me! Also I was at
City hall all morning, no rappelling set up anywhere

Yea there was nothing set up :( I went in the morning nothing was set up then had to leave.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Krupo ‏@PromisedMePie 4s

Talked to a camerman, who was recording a shot of Nathan Phillips Square. Mentioned that Amazing Race Canada will be here later... (1/2)

Offline steaguinto

• RFF Newbie
I don't think the rappelling is going to happen at Nathan Phillips Square (City Hall) as per earlier rumours.  That may be a decoy location.  Camera crew (in orange hardhats) and a sound man (with a boom mike) are set up on a platform at the base of the front face (Front St side) of the (under construction) L Tower (Yonge & Front intersection) right now waiting for teams to head back there.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Peter Le ‏@PeetahLe 8min

The Amazing Race at Cadbury, wooow

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
mizzjuliia☔ ‏@julii_awe 3m
So... They're possibly filming Amazing Race at the Toronto Zoo... Lol Or something like it lol

Karolina. ‏@kaayrohleenah 59s
legitimately saw peope from the amazing race run by #holler

From other tweets, Karolina appears to be at a zoo - Toronto I presume.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:44:26 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lauren ‏@laurenn_adamss 1m
Just saw the filming of the amazing race Canada at the Toronto zoo!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:56:54 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joshua Macatugob ‏@ohJMac 22s
Amazing Race being filmed at the zoo right now. Let's see if I can get on it lol

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
nitaa. ‏@niethz 22s

Watching amazing race canada, live! LOL!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A sighting from a women's volleyball coach in St. John's who flew from St. John's to Toronto en route to Calgary and saw TAR Canada at the Toronto airport. How did he not see them on the plane?

Kevin Manuel ‏@Kevmansj 13h
4am heading to the airport #calgarybound #recruiting

Kevin Manuel ‏@Kevmansj 10h
In Toronto 45 minutes to catch the next plane #running

George Clifford ‏@gclifford4 9h
@Kevmansj don't run and tweet! #airportcollision #tbone

Kevin Manuel ‏@Kevmansj 9h
@gclifford4 amazing race Canada just ran past us so we weren't going too fast

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kelsey_x and WPs spoiling adventure so far....

So - without spoiling the final three racers here is what we've seen.
More picture and video when we can upload them.

Teams arrived from St. John's at 7am ish and were held back by production until 11:15.
They were instructed to go to the "L" Tower.

Kelsey saw one team and clue boxes at the tower (12:23) - the team told their cab to go to 277 Gladstone - which is the Cadbury Candy Factory Museum.
Clue box and race flag seen at Cadbury - along with snarly production... interesting that crew was dressed in "clean room" garb.
Pictures of clue box...

What we suspect is the last team left Cadbury by cab at 15:34 - on their way to the zoo. Tried to follow their cab, but they lost us - last seen going east on Gardiner Expressway at Dufferin.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:38:46 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
WP, Here's some background  info just to avoid some possible confusion if it should come up. The show Suits is filming in Toronto at Bay and Adelaide St., wherever that is. Probably almost over by now.

Kyla Sheridan ‏@kylairene87 13h
@olv #Suits is filming tomorrow at Bay and Adelaide in Toronto from 11am to 4 pm

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Get ready to repel?

Nikka Tan ‏@asphyxia05 2m
Nathan Philips Square is a tourist trap yet I'm here since apparently Amazing Race Canada's filming here.

Then again, she doesn't actually say she's seeing anything happening.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:00:55 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
There was nothing set up at Nathan Phillips square when I was there until 1230 .
I may be able to go back and check again

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Todd ‏@roadwarrior07 2min

Amazing Race #Canada contestants just got off a cab and ran past me. #QueenswayWest. #RealityTV @AmazingRaceCDA #fb

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
I think, if that is true, it kills the city hall rumors

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Eri¢ Hutchi$on ‏@erichutchison 2m
The Amazing Race came to the Zoo today! This bitch is gonna be on TV, get ready for my close up 📺🙋

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tanith Lund ‏@Miley_said 2m
Saw some guys from @AmazingRace_CBS at #TorontoZoo today!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

@AmazingRaceCDA saw couple teams racing thru the zoo 4 amazing race Canada. This guy said no pictures of clue box lol

Brandon in London ‏@brandonlondon

Offline ramsharm

• RFF Newbie
I have reason to believe that Amazing Race MIGHT BE in winnipeg today. I have a friend who works at Tims who got a phonecall from Amazing Race, and they ordered a bunch of donuts and coffee to pickup for May 25. It may just be for the crew I'm thinking but that means contestants will be in Winnipeg right??